48-OWL GAMMAK THREAD

Pages: first 12 next last

Hey guys, so we floated around the idea of a quick and done gammak event on the discord (if you don't know, we have a discord! Check out the link in the footer if you're not already there!) and figured, eh, we need more games for the Flurry of Owls year-long event so why not combine both?

Thus we present to you the 48-owl gammak event this coming weekend.

Starting time - 12:01am of Saturday the 7th of December.
End time - 12:01 am of Monday the 9th of December.

YOUR TIMEZONE.

We're going by the honour system, so if you say it was made within that time, we'll believe you.

There'll be chatting and interaction during this time happening on the discord, so throw down there during the weekend. Alternatively, you can throw stuff in this thread to show off too!

RULES:
- The game must be playable.
- The game must feature an owl prominently.
- The game must be made and finished within the 48 hours.
- The game must have at least 10 minutes playtime.
- The game must be of a level to have an accepted game page on RMN.**
- The game must have a download added to this thread.

You will recieve a badge for this event worth 30MS (this will be on top of the Flurry of Owls badge if you complete the requirements for that)

The general aim is to make a game that will be accepted for the Flurry of Owls event, however if you've already made an owl game this year or don't care about getting that award, you can just dick around and make a small, dumb, fun, silly game about owls instead.

You may make assets between the start and now, or use assets you've made in the past or compiled before.

Any questions, just ask. There's no sign-ups required.

** - Most joke games that are stupid usually don't have enough to get a game page - they tend to be under the standards we require or take 'jokes' too far. Please keep that in mind if you decide to run wild.
I'm in! I'm still not sure of what to do exactly, but I'll surely come up with something for the event.
author=Liberty
Starting time - 12:01am of Saturday the 7th of November.
End time - 12:01 am of Monday the 9th of November.

Only 11 months to prep and brainstorm what you're going to do.
I'll join, current owl game will be extra owl game for later on since it'll take a bit longer than 48 hours to get the current systems finished.
back in my day i remember when this would have been a three-owl event

actualyl, i even rmeember the days when this would have been a one-owl event

(back in the day some oldbies occasionally tried to make games in like 1 or 3 hours while bullshitting on IRC, IRC is to Discord as records albums are to MP3s; what's really amazing is some of them actually finished)

writing this post made me feel like a grandmother but there's only room for one of those in the RM scene
watermark
Got me my shiny new MZ
Since I already started my owl game I won't have time to join this one. Oh well, just Flurry is fine for me.
author=StormCrow
back in my day i remember when this would have been a three-owl event

actualyl, i even rmeember the days when this would have been a one-owl event

(back in the day some oldbies occasionally tried to make games in like 1 or 3 hours while bullshitting on IRC, IRC is to Discord as records albums are to MP3s; what's really amazing is some of them actually finished)

writing this post made me feel like a grandmother but there's only room for one of those in the RM scene

Yes... I'm aware, being there for them in the past and running more than a few of them too, but I wanted people to have time to actually make a game of actual decent content and not random shit thrown everywhichway as per the guidelines of the Flurry of Owls event.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Looks like a fun event, I would like to join it, but...
On Saturday I work till 1 am.
On Sunday I work till 6 pm and then We host a shindig.
Both days are booked. Gl to all who can make it!
I have a few hours on sunday evening so I may join in. You say we can make assets before the start day right?
Sorry Libs but I have more questions. Can I use free online assets as well(for instance my music skills suck so you don't want to be subjected to my attempts at a soundtrack)
Of course! It's basically just normal gammak as usual, but with a few event-based restrictions. Anything goes with regards to resources.
I have never made a game in 48 hours but I defiantly would like to try it.
Count me in!
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
I'm in. Hopefully my "joke game" won't be to joke-y lol.
I mean, that's a reason to participate if I do know one....
Now, now. Owls... Maybe researching owl wikipedia and symbolism pages and tropes associated with owls would be a nice idea
Some Owl sprite resources for people who don't want (or have time) to make their own graphics:
https://rpgmaker.net/resources/192/ - has some birds that could be edited.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hiddenones-mv-resource-warehouse.47255/ - has an animated sideview battler in the "wildlife series" section
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/whtdragons-animals-and-running-horses-now-with-more-dragons.53552/ - has standing and flying owls for the map.

For VX/Ace, a standing/flying owl by LastLaugh can be found here:
https://grandmadebslittlebits.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/animal-sprites-worth-keeping-resurrected-from-dead-sites/
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
friends i feel '48 hours' is more important than the actual dates, if you wanna do an owl game but are pinched for time. jus sayin'.

anyway i was literally about to DM you about if there was gonna be a winter mak event libby, so i'm glad the banner was put up ;V

edit: coelocanth those are some perfect resources. guess i gotta download mv
Just so's you know, there will be a seasons event towards the end of december too, after christmas, so look forward to tha!
Pages: first 12 next last