[POLL] BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! THE DYNRPG PLUGIN CONTEST

Poll

Which of the submitted plugins is most useful? - Results

Pathfinding Plugin by DNKpp (anti-freak)
31%
Particle Effects Plugin by Kazesui
42%
RagnaDyn by orochii
15%
Date/Time Plugin by elvissteinjr
10%

Pages: 1

Hi folks!

Does anyone remember spring 2012? That's when DynRPG was released. Also, I conducted a plugin development contest which then went nowhere because I misplanned things again. Originally it was supposed to run for a month, until I changed it to "until I'll have time again". I'm talking about this contest here.

Over the years, I forgot about it completely, until someone reminded me today.

Therefore, the submission phase is now, after almost 8 years, officially over! :) What's missing now is the vote.

What was it about again?

Goal
Goal of this contest is to create a DynRPG plugin which is as useful as possible. It doesn't need to be too complex - most important is that many RM2k3 users think it's useful for them. Of course the source code should be published too. The latter should be sufficiently documented so that it can help other beginners to understand how to use DynRPG. Plus, the Rules and Guidelines should be paid attention to.

Timeframe
The timeframe isn't completely certain yet. We start with one month. If there are problems (maybe you find critical bugs which I have to fix first), we can extend the timeframe, of course.

Special: Cross-forum contest!
Yes, you read right. This contest is held in three forums:
- RMN (EN): http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/10255/
- Multimediaxis (DE): http://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/134260
- Oniromancie (FR): http://www.rpg-maker.fr/index.php?page=forum&id=19912

I will copy the submissions into the other forums.

Rules
- Everyone who knows C++ is invited to participate.
- Asking questions (of any kind) is welcome.
- The language of the source code, its comments and the documentation has to be English.
- "Copying" from other participants is also welcome, as long as the result won't be exactly the same.
- So: If you creates something, the best thing is to post it here without waiting for the end of the time! Of course you can also directly create a presentation thread (after telling me here).
- At the end of the contest there will be a public poll in all three forums at which the usefulness and usability will be rated. I will also reserve a last word regarding sticking to the guidlines and optimization of the code for myself. The poll is going to be open for one week. Additionally, there will be votes of six jurors (two per forum) (who should test the plugins more thoroughly), in case I find ones. Jurors, put your hands up!

Prizes
You can win:
1. Prize: € 20 / $ 25 Amazon Gift Card
2. Prize: € 15 / $ 20 Amazon Gift Card
3. Prize: € 5 / $ 7 Amazon Gift Card

Additionally, all participants will be mentioned in the next version of the documentation as "testers and plugin pioneers". If you have a website, I will also link to it.

This poll will also be opened in the other forums by me, and the results will be added together at the end. (Multimediaxis / Oniromancie)

SUBMISSIONS:

There were 4 plugins submitted:
a) Pathfinding Plugin by DNKpp (originally anti-freak), submitted via Multimediaxis (readme)
b) Particle Effects Plugin by Kazesui, submitted via RMN (demo video)
c) RagnaDyn by orochii (some custom statuses, ATB control and other things, mainly for battle), submitted via RMN (readme)
d) Date/Time Plugin by elvissteinjr, submitted via Multimediaxis (readme)

The poll will stay open for one week, until January 20th, 2020!

EDIT: The results are in!
OK so, the results are here now! Thanks for voting!

1st Place: Particle Effects Plugin by Kazesui with 14 votes
2nd Place: Pathfinding Plugin by DNKpp (anti-freak) with 11 votes
3rd Place: Date/Time Plugin by elvissteinjr with 3 votes
4th Place: RagnaDyn by orochii with 2 votes

I will contact the winners!

~Cherry
I voted for date and time plugin.
It's the only one in the list, that I used in my project.
WOW. I WILL WIN! :)))))

Edit: What happens if all plugins end up with the same amount of votes?
I did not remember having entered this at all, Possibly because I made quite a few plugins with no contest in mind (maybe I had already forgotten about it by my second public plugin).
It's a little bit sad that I didn't at the very least (re)submit the updated version of the particles effect plugin as it saw a substantial upgrade some time later than this particular iteration.
Edit: What happens if all plugins end up with the same amount of votes?

It'll work similar to sports, and you'll have a 1., 1., 3., 4. for example. Regarding the prizes, in this example I'd put the 1st and 2nd into a pot and split to two (in that example it'd be $22.5, $22.5, $7, $0). So if really all would end up with the same votes, it would be $13 for each.
OK so, the results are here now! Thanks for voting!

1st Place: Particle Effects Plugin by Kazesui with 14 votes
2nd Place: Pathfinding Plugin by DNKpp (anti-freak) with 11 votes
3rd Place: Date/Time Plugin by elvissteinjr with 3 votes
4th Place: RagnaDyn by orochii with 2 votes

I will contact the winners!

...and how do I close a poll?
Pages: 1