SMASH BROS 5TH FIGHTER

Pages: 1
So who's disappointed by the newest Marth clone in Smash Ultimate? Lol

Was really hoping for someone new myself especially after Sakurai mentioned the fighters would all be from other franchises but who am I to complain, I only paid for the pass up front after all. If it's not obvious I'm quite salty about this lol.

What are everyone elses thoughts?
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I'm milking this forced meme of mine for all it's worth.

No one:
Smash Bros Direct:

In all seriousness, it does seem a little disappointing. To play devil's advocate, the character is apparently a modern FE one that people like, and there's also six other characters yet to be unveiled. Real talk though, the Cuphead and Megaman.exe costume pieces for the Mii Fighters were more interesting. ._.
Tbh I haven't loaded up Smash to try out any of the new characters since maybe Joker. So it's hard to get invested in "Not getting my favourite in" when there's already 70+ flipping characters pushed in. It's not like this will be the last character either as we found out. I don't know if I'll bother buying the next dlc pack though.
unity
You're magical to me.
Feels a little bit like a letdown due to the rest of the DLC characters being from series not already represented in Smash. I like Byleth, and s/he can use other weapons aside from the sword apparently, but I feel like s/he's a poor choice for the final DLC character of the pack, and yes, we're already overloaded with FE characters, so I understand the disappointment and was feeling slightly underwhelmed about it myself.

author=Darken
Tbh I haven't loaded up Smash to try out any of the new characters since maybe Joker. So it's hard to get invested in "Not getting my favourite in" when there's already 70+ flipping characters pushed in. It's not like this will be the last character either as we found out. I don't know if I'll bother buying the next dlc pack though.

Yeah, I think I won't bother getting the next DLC pack unless someone is announced that I really really like.
Honestly tired of all these FE characters, 4 tops was enough! I find them lackluster honestly, but to each their own!

EDIT: Still hoping for Geno or Hollow Knight sometime around
author=KoopaKush
Honestly tired of all these FE characters, 4 tops was enough! I find them lackluster honestly, but to each their own!

EDIT: Still hoping for Geno or Hollow Knight sometime around

Hahah bro i was sooooo hoping for Geno! Dont know why cloud is the square rep when he wasnt even on a nintendo console. Lots of other much more memorable heroes like half-esper Tera from ff6 woulda been the perfect choice i feel, or Cecil or even a Moogle.
I'm glad for it. We were lacking in women for the current DLC group, and Byleth's attacks are very versatile for various playstyles. Also, it's deserved. 3 Houses is SUCH A GOOD GAME - like, definitely my game of last year. It's just so good that it deserved to have representation in Smash.

And it looks slick as fuck. There's amazing music and the stages are pretty fucking cool. Frankly, while I get why people might be sad that another FE character got in, I don't understand why they're so down on this particular choice.

Was it expected? Yes. But so what?

Besides, we're getting SIX more, so count the extra as a make up if you're that broken over the choice. I, for one, stan Byleth's inclusion. Fuck the haters, brah!

Now, I won't be upset if they decide to add some BoF or Suikoden characters to the mix on next pack, but the chances for that are nil.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, it's not worth getting upset about. And Byleth is awesome and I'm always happy for more awesome smash ladies. :D

I really would like if we got more characters from series that haven't been represented in Smash yet tho. Heck, if it was up to me, I'd go super indie with the next six and get really obscure characters XD That'd probably anger a lot of people too, tho, come to think of it.
author=Liberty
I'm glad for it. We were lacking in women for the current DLC group, and Byleth's attacks are very versatile for various playstyles. Also, it's deserved. 3 Houses is SUCH A GOOD GAME - like, definitely my game of last year. It's just so good that it deserved to have representation in Smash.

Lol Come on, femme byleth is just a pallete swap of the male and vice versa. You really cant think of any other female characters from other franchises that coulda been chosen?

As far as being broken up over it, i’m just a bit annoyed because i see a bunch pf great, interesting characters from years of franchises and instead we get a cookie cutter human with sword.

People are down because that slot taken is a slot that could have been given to another character. Not everyone is going to get their fave and this is just another reminder that companies don’t listen/care what fans want.

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'm not sure i've ever really cared for a character because of their moveset and playstyle when playing smash. It has always been a party game for me, we play it at family or friend gatherings and we're usually drunk so none of us care for competitive play enough to truly think about shit like strategy and tiers and shit, so my weariness about this issue is more about the visual design.

I've already said this before but at some point all the anime swordsmen blend together. I don't know why, but when my friends and I play smash, choosing one of the FE characters is not a matter of choice or preference of any kind because none of us played any of the fire emblems after the gamecube ones so we just pick at random when somebody else picks marth.

Like okay I get it, people go absolutely bonkers for fire emblem in japan. But are the sale numbers really THAT overwhelming, THAT profitable, that it would DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY dwarf the profits from ALL the income earned from the sales made in the ENTIRETY of the rest of the world if they had the daring idea to keep this character as a character release in the middle of another DLC pack instead of as the final character of the first one? If it's about female representation, do we really not have ANYONE ELSE? Maybe a character with a silhouette that is more distinct than the generic anime human swordsman build? At least make it a genderswapped Hector dammit, put some pigtails on Hectorina, i want to hit people with something that isn't a pointy stick.
I’m fine with it really.

I honestly think people would be less upset if everyone wasn’t expecting Dante lol
author=DungeonDevDude
I’m fine with it really.

I honestly think people would be less upset if everyone wasn’t expecting Dante lol

People upset about a guy with sword because it wasnt another guy with sword lol.
I don't care much for another Fire Emblem character but I'm glad its not one of the lame choices that many people are constantly asking for. Like I'll try to be happy for fans if they do get one of their favorites in there but I'm tired of people all just asking for the same characters over and over again.
Sorry if that's mean but some of the most popular picks right now are just awful in my opinion. But moreso I'm just annoyed by seeing videos where people pick the same characters everyone else chooses. For the love of pancakes be original with your choices for Smash.
author=RedMask
I don't care much for another Fire Emblem character but I'm glad its not one of the lame choices that many people are constantly asking for. Like I'll try to be happy for fans if they do get one of their favorites in there but I'm tired of people all just asking for the same characters over and over again.
Sorry if that's mean but some of the most popular picks right now are just awful in my opinion. But moreso I'm just annoyed by seeing videos where people pick the same characters everyone else chooses. For the love of pancakes be original with your choices for Smash.

There are some pretty good picks out there. Personally i did NOT want to see Dante but literally anything would have been better than Byleth. I would have even taken the Unnamed Goose even! Lol
Where's Toad? Seriously.

I'd have gone with...
Toad/Captain Toad, Captain N, Master Higgins, Scrooge McDuck, Jibanyan, Crono, Geno, Bomberman, Shantae, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Rocketslime, Terra, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Birdo, James Bond, DOOMGUY, Steve (Minecraft), Mike Tyson, Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Bionic Commando, TMNT, Rygar, Battletoads, Arthur (Ghouls n' Ghosts), Lolo, and the flyswatter from Mario Paint before I'd pick yet another forgettable FE character.
I was dissapointed partially because I thought all the dlc characters (bar pre-order) were going to be from new games. Part of me is also dissapointed at the choice of Fire Emblem character, I've played a couple of the Fire Emblem games and I just feel like maybe someone more interesting fighting style wise, like one of the Pegasus knights (I hope I got the name right), or an archer would have brought something new gameplay wise.

As for what I'd like to see, I'd love anyone related to Golden Sun. Which I don't think feels that likely.

As for what I'm expecting:
Another Pokemon, probably Rillaboom. Don't get me wrong I love Pokemon but I have plenty of choice and I'd rather see someone more interesting.
Something from Capcom, Dante or someone from Resident Evil.
Given the outcry for Waluigi and that this fighter pass wasn't originally planned I could see them adding him.

But what maybe should concern us more, is who will stay for the next Smash Bros? I could easily imagine Super Smash Brothers All Stars next with a severely reduced roster.
Pages: 1