TROUBLE REINSTALLING RPG MAKER VX ACE

Pages: 1
Long story short, VX Ace was originally installed in 2012 on my old laptop, which now has one foot in the grave. I have a new computer, but my old activation code doesn't work when attempting to reinstall via the trial version's menu. I sent a ticket in to support, and the guy said "That purchase was made prior to us taking over completely. Any orders prior to Sept 2013 are no longer supported. However, if you can provide a proof of purchase, I can provide a new key for you!"

I don't know what would constitute a proof of purchase in this context, as I do not have a physical copy, and so replied to the email, inquiring about that. That was over a week ago, and I haven't received a response. My original support ticket received a response almost immediately, so I don't have high hopes for support getting back to me via this email. What should I do?
unity
You're magical to me.
I'm not an expert on this, so this is just a guess, but do you have the email where they sent you the original activation code? I'd screenshot that and see if they take it as a proof of purchase.

If not, the fact that they aren't getting back to you is kinda worrisome. Have you made a post over on the RPG Maker Web forum? Seeing as that's the official forum for RPG Maker, it seems more likely that you'll get noticed by someone who could do something about this, I'd think.

Worst case scenario, and I hate to say it, as you shouldn't have to resort to this, but VX Ace gets pretty cheap when its on sale, sometimes ridiculously so, so you may just want to wait and snag a new copy then if all else fails. Again, it would be crappy to have to do this, but it's something to keep in mind, just in case.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I kinda recall a thread on RMW (or elsewhere?) about how they were revamping their customer database, and that all purchases made before a certain date would be wiped. Or something like that. Sorry, I don't recall too many more specifics!

I do recall that customers that bought Ace in it's initial run were within the window of customers whose data would be lost, and there was supposed to be a window where said users would submit a support ticket for a new key for Ace. I'm pretty sure that window has been closed for a while now, but, if they are willing to give you a new key if you provide evidence of your purchase, okay then.

As an aside, I have attempted to submit support tickets to RMW on two occasions. The first time was when I moved to a laptop, and found that my original keys for XP and VX were no longer valid. I think this was after they started selling them on Steam, and those keys were distributed to me before that, and that made them invalid? Probably something along those lines. The other time was in response to this thread I'm talking about, as I bought Ace on practically it's release. Both times, I never got any response whatsoever. However, at least in regards to Ace, the key I have still functions at least for now.

*Edit: I'm clearly okay with letting XP/VX go. I barely made anything worthwhile with XP, and anything I would want to do in VX, I can do in Ace better. If there comes a time when my key for Ace is no longer valid, I dunno. I'm pretty sure I don't have the original e-mail, so...
author=unity
I'm not an expert on this, so this is just a guess, but do you have the email where they sent you the original activation code? I'd screenshot that and see if they take it as a proof of purchase.

If not, the fact that they aren't getting back to you is kinda worrisome. Have you made a post over on the RPG Maker Web forum? Seeing as that's the official forum for RPG Maker, it seems more likely that you'll get noticed by someone who could do something about this, I'd think.
I do have screenshots of the original email, yes, though if support isn't responding, they likely won't acknowledge that, either. I didn't realize the web forums were the official ones, so I could go over there, now that you mention it. Thanks. I'm also considering submitting a new support ticket, and including links to the screenshots from the get-go, to see if that helps.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

When I log into RPG Maker Web I can see all purchases I made (and download them), but I might be after that date? (Did you purchase on RPG Maker Web?)

Did you pay with credit card or paypal, anything that can prove a financial transaction?

This is one reason to buy things on Steam, so you can move from 1 PC to another easily. (I bought VN Maker on Steam just for this reason. PCs are fickle things.)

In similar news I lost Microsoft Points I had purchased after Microsoft changed to a currency model. Apparently they gave me store credit that was only good for 1 year, but I wasn't aware of it until well past that time.
author=kory_toombs
When I log into RPG Maker Web I can see all purchases I made (and download them), but I might be after that date? (Did you purchase on RPG Maker Web?)

Did you pay with credit card or paypal, anything that can prove a financial transaction?

I actually hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip! I just need to find my old login info...

author=kory_toombs
This is one reason to buy things on Steam, so you can move from 1 PC to another easily. (I bought VN Maker on Steam just for this reason. PCs are fickle things.)

I hadn't even heard of Steam when I bought VX Ace in 2012. ^^;
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Like I said, Ace might not have been distributed thorough Steam until later in it's life. I'm not sure when it was added, though.
Hmm... :( ... and some uses hacked versions... :( ...

Pages: 1