[RMVX ACE] HELP TRYING TO FIGURE OUT BOSS GIMMICK

Pages: 1
Howdy, so, I'm trying to figure out how to make the gimmick of this boss work. The thing with it is that every few turns, it'll eat all the currently living minions to heal, and a few turns later, it's supposed to revive all of them. I've set this system up through the troop event pages because I don't know how to implement this cannibalize skill without having the boss target itself.

To be more specific, the boss revives its minions on turns 6+5x?. In the event page, the boss uses cannibalize on turns 3+5x?.

The problem is that the boss seems to be ignoring the turn condition on the event pages, because immediately after its minions are revived, the cannibalize event page runs. I have no idea what's wrong and I'd like to know how to get this gimmick working right. Ideally it'd be nice to know how to set it up in the skill set without having the boss target itself.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm not 100% sure how you're doing the cannibalize action. Is it a skill that deals HP Drain damage to all allies? Or is it merely a trigger via the troop tab that may (or may not) activate a Common Event?

As for the timing issues, I'm not really sure what's going on there. By what accounts I can see, cannibalize should trigger on turns 3, 8, 13, 18, 23, etc, while revive triggers on turns 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, etc. For what little it's worth, I vaguely remember some of the skills I put on turn cycles screw up their timing, and took some fiddling/tweaking to get them to "feel" more like the frequency that they should be occurring. Though, it has been a while since I've bothered with such a thing, so, I apologize if I'm simply mis-remembering. ;_;

So, this is how the cannibalize skill is set up. It targets one ally and because I'm paranoid of the boss Eating Itself, I put conditional branches to check to see if each minion is alive before it uses the skill. That said, I've tried a test run without the conditional branches and the results are the same. I could try recording a video to give a better visualization of what's going on, if that would help.
Sorry for doubleposting, but I think this thread could just be closed now. I discovered this odd issue in that using a switch condition in the battle events to get the boss to revive enemies, it actually uses it the turn after ie. 7. As a result of this weird thing, the boss only revived minions on the turn before it uses cannibalize. So I ended up moving the revive into the battle events instead of leaving it in the move list. It does kinda expose how rude the initial pattern was in terms of fairness.
Pages: 1