RMNMEET 2020

Pages: first prev 123 next last
author=Cap_H
Mainz seems to have a nice bouldering hall.

As for the party, I think we should be able to enjoy ourselves in any city over 50k on Friday/Saturday night.

I might be able to visit my friends in Berlin in may/june to get some hot tips on hot spots.

Can you link?

I would totally go for Mainz :) I don't live there, but I've been there a couple of times and had family members live there, so I can ask for some recommendations too or just research a bit. (it's a pretty place, either way)

Me is all for smaller places. They tend to be a bit cheaper too.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
https://www.blockwerk.info

Tbh, Berlin's probably the cheapest place in Germany with many hostels, free galleries and cheap foodie options. On the other hand I always end up spending more than intended there because of that and because of the city having so much to offer.

I like smaller places, because it's easier to contain them in a short period of time. They're usually less touristy and easier to get around by foot or on bike too.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, I would like to renew this thread a little?

1) Do you still think there's a possibility for an international meetup in August?
2) Would you still be intersted?

Personally, I'm sticking to my preferences and I think that a smaller city like Mainz might be a good idea in times like this.
Yeah lol. I am still holding out a bit depending how the situation develops. But generally it still sounds fun.
Mainz also sounds fun, I should be able to make that.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Heh. This thread did take a bit of a macabre turn, didn't it?

I honestly have no idea how things are going to turn out, just like everybody else. I want to be an optimist and say there's a good chance we'll get out of purgatory mode in the near future. But I just don't know.

If, in the end, it turns out this meetup can still happen, I'm definitely still good.

Personally, I'm not sure how exciting Mainz would be as our location, since it doesn't have the kind of major sites like bigger cities do. On the other hand, it would be easy for me to organise and show people around, since, y'know, I live there.
So if that's what people prefer, I'll be happy to welcome you all.

Either way, let's keep up hope, everyone!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
For me it's the same. I didn't have any plans for the summer, and now I definitely don't have any, so if social isolation is done in all of our countries in August I'm still up for meeting. Just not sure how realistic that is.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Yup, I'm hoping for this eventually, but you know, I think it pays to wait a little and then re-evaluate at a later date, at least when things are more certain :)
Yo if anyone wants to come to the scalding heat and warming affability of São Paulo, Brazil, you'll get the opportunity to meet:

-Moi!
-Crowno, i mean This Crowno
-Merlandese
-if I can get Calunio to catch a 5 hour ride, him too!
-...Atoa? OK nvm that i don't know if he even still exists and i've never talked to him personally, but there's a pretty sweet RPG Maker scene in Brazil. Actually, I'd be thrilled to get y'all a nice room for an edition of Brazil Indie Game festival to talk about RMN and whatnot. They'd be thrilled too. Everybody would be thrilled. So if anyone wants to come to brazil to give speeches or just absorb the gamedev community too, that's nice.

anyway who knows, maybe next year I finally stop sabotaging myself so I can actually visit europe in a possible RMN Meet 2021. I even have family in Paris! And they all contracted Coronavirus. Thankfully only my aunt got hospitalized and she was dispensed a little under a week ago. But, yeah, August 2020 is DEFINITELY not the best timing for this lmao

edit: BTW there's also a particularily vibrant queer gamedev scene in São Paulo, too. I've participated in a queer GlobalGameJam site there and it was awesome. Most gamedevs in Brazil, even outside of the brazilian RMN community, have some command of English, too.

HAVE I MENTIONED I'D LOVE IF ANY OF YOU VISITED
If we're talking small towns for these trying times. I just want to say that my hometown (Raseborg) has under 30 000 people and is about 1 100km^2. Compare that to Mainz with like 200 000 people and only 100km^2 :P
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Flights to Finland are always cheap here.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, how does this look for you? I def can travel, but I'm also little out of money as I haven't worked since March.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I would go anywhere if I had the time and money.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=CashmereCat
Everyone come 2 New Zealand, boyos XD

I agree with this, especially since were Covid 19 free haha. Plus who doesn't want to come to New Zealand?
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
As for us italians, we can travel around again now. But if I tell my boss I'm leaving Italy for vacation he will kick my ass. xD
Just doesn't have to tell him that though~

That being said, are we still considering 2020? Because I'm beginning to think 2021 might actually do the trick better, but I'm not sure.

I'm inclined to delay it to 2021 or... some time. Mostly because I know I'd probably have to fly to central europe and I have a feeling that if traveling by plane was awful in the post-9/11 world. It'll just be even worse after this :D

Of course I could make a journey of it and go by train from Sweden or something, but that's also something that might fit 2021 better.

And in 2021 we could also have the meetup in New Zealand :P
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=ten_blue_egyptians
..... There's NZers here!? XD

As far as I know, you, me and Tau are the only ones I've met here lol

author=Shinan

NZ meetup confirmed :P
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Pay for my trip to NZ and I'll go.

Joking, but I doubt I could effectively save up while college eats at my funding.
If it's Mainz I could technically still make it. Just money will be tight, given that I have been getting very few workshifts lately. Next year would likely work better - provided it's still summer and not autumn, as I may or may not be hopping on an exchange program then. Either way would work.(NZ sounds cool, never been there, don't know what the flight prices are lol - and we got tons of peeps in Brazil? That's pretty neat)

Germany has been easing on quarantine measures.. but it may also be tightened again. There's very little testing going on, so we don't really know what's up.

(I'm also still a bit heartbroken, which yknow, is fine, but may tank my mood a bit)
author=CashmereCat
author=ten_blue_egyptians
..... There's NZers here!? XD
As far as I know, you, me and Tau are the only ones I've met here lol

author=Shinan

NZ meetup confirmed :P

Yes, I remember you Cash! Hope you're doing well dude.
Pages: first prev 123 next last