COMPLETE FAN JRPGS TO RECOMMEND?

Pages: 1
Hi all,

I recently played Lufia V: For The Savior Part 1 ( https://rpgmaker.net/games/4184/ ) and had a great time with this near perfect sequel to the Lufia games. I've been looking around at RPGMN looking for other complete fan titles worth playing. But I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the projects, and since you can't filter on "fan-games", it's kinda hard to find what I'm looking for.

So. Hopefully you all have some suggestions on fan-games I really should try. I'm mainly looking for jRPG fan games, for series like Lufia, Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Terranigma etc. I'm looking forward to some nice suggestions! Thanks in advance! :-)
Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy I and II by UPRC are pretty great ones!
Ah, thank you! I've added them to my to-play list. I see that BP II is more alike Final Fantasy VI, so I'll start with that one. :-)

More suggestions are welcome!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
There's no fangame tag but you can use name bracket to fill name of the franchise.
There are also many games which inspire themselves in everything but name and shared universe. Dragon Fantasy/Chronicles of Tsufanubra/Venaitura by Ephiam would be one example of this trend.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hero's Realm. You can't go to a fan-game recommendation thread on RMN without it's mention.

There's a few incomplete/cancelled BoF fan-games out there that I know of that still have gamepages available. This one, by Liberty, and this one by goldengaav. I know you asked for complete games, but, it's what I know.

I don't know of any games off-hand based off of Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, or even Soul Blazer. There's ActRazer, which is pretty much ActRaiser, except replace The Master with Kefka of FF6 fame?

*Edit: I would be remiss if I didn't at least mention my humble little tribute to the Suikoden series.
It's simply amazing how many great titles are available on this site. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll add Hero's Realm to my list as well! :-)
There's also the current Featured Game : Final Fantasy - The Sky Warriors. It serves as a prequel to the original NES Final Fantasy.
To my knowledge, Everlong began as an outright Final Fantasy fangame, and still has many remnants of when it was. It's still being updated to this day, nearly 20 years later.
Thank you Dyhalto and Sgt M! Everlong looks really daunting with 80+ hours of gameplay, but I'm surely interested.
If it helps, Sky Warriors can range from 4 to 8 hours depending on your familiarity with the RPGMaker engine, knowledge of Final Fantasy 1, and completionist mentality. The story is richer if you're familiar with the lore behind Final Fantasy 1 and the Dissidia series.
Final fantasy:Legend of balance and FF IV: Alter destiny.
I want to thank you all for the suggestions. Currently I'm playing Dark Moon Prophecy II, and I'm really enjoying that game!

More suggestions are always welcome. I'm positively surprised by the high quality of the games you're all suggesting!
FF Blackmoon Prophecy II is the one I am playing now and probably the best.

In the past I also played Final Fantasy Shattered Lands.

Download

It's rather old and not too long, but it's complete and at the time I liked it!

A friend of mine told me that she likes a lot Final Fantasy Legend of Balance buuut I have still to play it.
Pages: 1