DRACULA X MAFIA (GAME OVER - MAFIA VICTORY) [MAFIA]

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
#Cancel @Cap I was voting to lynch Yellow (Amber) Magic (Witchcraft) before.

The only way I see voluntarily giving someone else the item makes any sense is if we know what the item does and then see if they use it in a pro-town way. We don't know what the item does so I don't want to do that.

I'm a bit hesitant to gang up on demon for doing something slightly scummy on day 1 though, because that's definitely backfired on me at least 5 times in the past.

I like psy for the Occam's razor on demon's item vote, less so for going after Locke afterwards.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
#cancel

#lynch lockez following my weremason brother
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
@Jero, I saw your vote, but I wasn't able to decipher it.

Official Votecount 2: Simon's Quest

#Lynch
LockeZ - psy_wombats, CAVE_DOG_IS_BAG
demonlord5000 - LockeZ

#Item
psy_wombats
- psy_wombats, CAVE_DOG
Tale - Tale, demonlord5000
Jeroen_Sol
- Jeroen_Sol
AlaskanEmily - AlaskanEmily
LockeZ - Lockez

Not voting:

oddRABBIT (lynch, item), Yellow Magic (lynch, item), AlaskanEmily (lynch), demonlord (lynch), Jeroen (lynch), Tale (lynch)

Day 1 ends in 13 hours
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Oh, shoot. 13 hours and I don't know what to do.

Uh, I guess...?

#item oddRABBIT

Might as well.
My vague suspicion is that Demon saw Cave item vote someone else first which would make it seem less suspicious, and then decided to item vote for town. I also think the "rng just feels weird so let's not" argument doesn't seem particularly normal for Demon since the reasoning is cut so short, but I might just be incorrectly remembering how he plays.

I don't feel super strongly about this, but here it is.

#lynch Demon
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I didn't item vote someone first.
item vote track

Psy | 04/11 09:21 AM
Tale | 04/11 09:33 AM
Jeroen | 04/11 02:24 PM
Emily | 04/11 07:18 PM
Demon - Tale | 04/11 10:07 PM
Cave - Psy | 04/12 01:25 AM
LockeZ | 04/12 03:34 AM
odd | 04/12 05:24 PM

Cave is right about item vote
Still, Demon sounds consistent. Without extra item vote- we're relying on rng to decide the outcome
Basically what psy said. I could either leave it to rng, or pick someone who seems townie to try to give the item to. I went with the latter option. I don't think it even needed to be said to know scum going for an item day 1 would be an astronomically bad play.

Emily: I always prefer logic based decisions. Not sure what's so weird about that. The cave item argument feels a bit weak to me, since it was a pretty obvious joke vote. I do find your argument that scum could be trying to give an item to town interesting though. I don't think scum would point that out.

Odd: I'm tempted to lynch you, although I don't want to waste my vote. I know it's day 1, but you can still form opinions on what people do.

Yellow: You out there?

Psys vote felt fine to me, although he may have cancelled a little too early. Worth noting lockez was really quick to jump into that chain, but I'm not sure if scum would have went in that quickly.

No real opinion of anyone else yet.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=demonlord5000
Odd: I'm tempted to lynch you, although I don't want to waste my vote. I know it's day 1, but you can still form opinions on what people do.

Hm, yeah, might want to wait a day or two for that. For now, I just want to observe, I'll probably go with the majority in the end, anyways.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=demonlord5000
I don't think it even needed to be said to know scum going for an item day 1 would be an astronomically bad play.

This sentence reads fake to me.
Demon why did you think tale was townie enough to give the item to?

author=oddRABBIT
For now, I just want to observe, I'll probably go with the majority in the end, anyways.

Odd, you always do this. Observing, going with the majority or not voting at all, and only participating to say that you're observing instead of participating. Can you please cut that out and actually participate for once?
I feel like any decent scum would not have latched onto an obvious fakeclaim before the game even began, even less so try to rolefish off said role. Scum has no reason to stand out on day 1 when we have nothing but posts to analyze. I don't think it was necessarily a good post, but it also feels like a post that scum wouldn't make.

I also stand by that sentence. It should be obvious to anyone that scum potentially getting themselves and their ally killed day 1 is a bad play when there's barely anything to analyze yet.
Jeroen_Sol
I'm also leaning town on tale because of that post. But that doesn't mean I immediately trust them enough to give them an item, nor would I say that scum trying to get an item is impossible. The earlier in the day you get the vote out, the less suspicious it is due to being "too obvious".

I had another section typed up about the astronomically hyperbole and how it read fake to me, but I lost faith in it while writing it. Guess it's not much of a tell.
Jeroen_Sol
Alright, we don't have all that many hours left.

People I'd rather not kill today: tale, Psy, Cave

I thought Psy's Locke vote was a bit weird at first but I could read Locke's posts as being opportunistic towards Emily's observations so maybe it's not so weird after all.

I also kind of want to give Locke the benefit of the doubt for his joke about being a vampire in his first post.
I'm having a bit of a weird feeling about Emily. Her posts so far that weren't jokes feel like she's devaluing her own logic in case she's wrong.
#Lynch Emily
author=demonlord5000
Emily: I always prefer logic based decisions. Not sure what's so weird about that.

I expected something more than "it feels weird" for that, though. That isn't really logic, it's a feeling.
I feel like you are trying to put my statement from before out of context. The it feels weird was toward leaving it to rng, which isn't a logic based decision. I then proceeded to do the exact opposite.

How many hours do we have left?
5 hours left from now
Jeroen_Sol
Well, we are running out of time and I think I'll be asleep for EOD. Between the Locke and demon trains, I can read potential teamwork in both Psy/CAVE and Locke/Emily's interactions. The difference is CAVE actually (fake)claimed mason so I'm less inclined to believe Psy and CAVE are working together. I'm also feeling weird about Emily and she could be enforcing a counterwagon to get attention away from her buddy. so the Locke train makes more sense for me than the demon one.

#Lynch LockeZ

demon, tale, care to weigh in before I head off to bed?
Jeroen_Sol
Oops, I forgot to Cancel. Oh well.
I'll be asleep for eod as well now that I know it's in 5 hours. I can behind the lockez train. Looking back, I can see the connection between those two. Emily never interacted with lockez, but lockez was pretty quick to agree with her. I also notice she didn't vote for me at that time while calling it suspicious. Given the votes are on lockez, that looks like the route to go.

I would have liked to see something from yellow but that looks like it's not happening. Item vote looks like it's a tie between psy and tale which means it's a coinflip between those two. Psy hasn't looked particularly scummy to me yet, but he's always a hard read.

#lynch lockez