DRACULA X MAFIA (GAME OVER - MAFIA VICTORY) [MAFIA]

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS

In the good old days, the people desired only prosperity and peace, and certainly everyone thought that the days of unrest would surely never come… But on the other side of peace and prosperity, there invariably exists evil. Rejecting the peoples’ prosperity, they corrupt the peace.

Those who sought to restore the powers of evil and remake this corrupt world gathered. Smiles crept across their faces as their expectations for the coming genesis swelled.

After one hundred years, a being of evil once again returned. This man could change his form into that of a bat, a wolf, or mist, particularly favoring to act at night. Sucking the blood of young women, he retained eternal life. Master of the Demon Castle, god of the wicked, Count Dracula has returned.

Pasted basic rules:
In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

Important game specific rules:
>DO NOT CLAIM YOUR FLAVOUR or re-post anything from private messages.
>Anti-claim mechanics exist.
>Hunters need to kill all Followers of Darkness in order to win.
>Followers of Darkness win if they get parity.
>Players have to hammer in order for the lynch to proceed.
>The thread's closed at night.
>Do not edit your comments.

Special mechanics:
Each day an auction for an item takes place. Players vote in a separate poll.
#Lynch Name - classic lynching vote
#Item Name -auction vote
Powers of items are unknown during the auction. Player with most votes gets the item. In case of tie a coin flip decides.
This mechanic is inspired by this game.

Setup
Closed setup for 9 or more players with multiple power roles and item auctions.

Some of the roles might be considered bastard.

Day/Night:
48/24h

Sart:
on Good friday, 8AM CET (1AM EST)

Example PM:
author=Cap_H

Vampire hunter

You're a vampire hunter with no special powers. Your votes are your strongest weapon. Use them wisely to track down Followers of Darkness and lynch them.
You're aligned with hunters. You win when all Followers of Darkness are eliminated.

There might be some small differences:
I sent out several PMs with a typo (alligned) and used hunt or hang instead of lynch.

Original post:
Let's use isolation to endorse some backstabbing fun. It would be a simple closed setup. I have Soma Spirits themed mafia ready but feel free to suggest other themes. 9 players are the absolute minimum.

I will keep updating this with more details.

Players:
1. Odd
2. Alaskan Emily
3. Cave Dog is Beck
4. Yellow Magic
5. Jeroen Sol
6. Psy Wombat
7. LockeZ
8. Demonlord
9. tale

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Hi.

I'll play.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Cool, thanks for showing up, but I don,t think there's enough interest.
I'll play too, assuming enough people show up.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
you son of a bitch, i'm in.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
....can I play?? I promise to play properly this time
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Mafia? Mafia!

Wow, this has been open for 5 days? I'm so out of the loop.
Well, I'd be up. Might be worth posting in the hosting sticky.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Now five more this is starting looking promising. Where's Ozzy, Piano, LockeZ, Gourd and Demon?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I only just now saw this thread because instead of being isolated snugly at my own home, I'm stuck with my bedridden father who needs something every 20 minutes. I will join in order to kill some of you, which might relieve some stress.
author=LockeZ
I will join in order to kill some of you, which might relieve some stress.

I like your style.
I'm around. I fixed my pc shortly after that last game I was in too, so mafia is doable for me. I wasn't 100% decided if I wanted to play, mostly because I've been playing a lot of the legend of heroes zero fan patch. I'll go ahead and sign up since it looks like you need the players. I've never played the rmn game soma spirits so I can't say the theme is all that interesting to me, although it would be if it were themed after a certain castlevania game. Either way, I'm in to help make this happen. Not like I'm doing much else other than gaming right now anyways, so this would switch it up a bit.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Theming it after a castlevania game is a good idea? By certain do you have a certain game on your mind?
And glad to have you as a player.

Capybara, are you in?
The reason castlevania came to mind is because two of them have a main character named soma. It was themed around where when he kills an enemy, he gains that enemies power. Given the amount of creatures/characters in those games I think it could work. Although sounds like you aren't familiar with those games so maybe not.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Pretty much any flavour works with any setup if you get creative enough.

Of course some work better than others. I wouldn't run a game like Frequency or Spy vs Spy mafia with a medieval theme. That probably doesn't work as well.
Jeroen_Sol
I guess we're not going to get to 9 then? That's unfortunate. I've already asked PA, but he doesn't have time to play.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
How do people not have time to play during a pandemic forcing most of the worldwide population to stay inside?
Could I play? I'll try to be coherent this time around.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, that's nine. I'll post details on setup and flavour tomorrow.
PMs should be out on friday. Sign-ups are open till PMs.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, I added some info and basic flavour. Let me know if you have a preferred sod/eod times. I think that with us using hammer to end day, we're less dependent on being around.