DRACULA X MAFIA (GAME OVER - MAFIA VICTORY) [MAFIA]

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I don't even understand how that happened.

Odd would never fakeclaim like that. The only time I remember him fakeclaiming is when he was scum jailer and claimed neutral jailer instead. I believed the claim immediately. Of course I was dead, so yknow.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Thanks 4 the game

No reason to want Ozzy to live in the first place. I would absolutely kill a claim like that coming out in the ridiculous fashion it did every single time.

Ive come to think the possibility of cult mechanics should probably be advertised in the op

It was how he initially posed it, it just sounded like a weird way to bring it up to me. I was also confused why he wasn't just using his ability, but of course it makes a lot more sense now when I look back on it.

You're right, that would be a horrific fakeclaim, but it was also possible that scum might have some tricks to get an extra kill or something, and so even with a lie that would be found out the next day they might be able to just rush to parity with one-time armor to save them from a lynch.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I definitely agree he was phrasing the claim very weird and the moment he claimed before any real pressure was on was also weird. So maybe less that I don't understand it and more that I would have advocated against it.

Now if I had just stuck with my gut on demon instead of doubting myself because I always suspect him and he's always town I might have actually survived long enough to do so too, welp.
My game jam ended, finally. This was a pretty fun distraction for the hour or so where I posting a ton on day2. I am also proud to have contributed equally to each side.

(I generally don't like cult mechanics, though, I just should've claimed to be pazuzu)

You should've stuck to your guns, Tale, you did fine in my book re: whipping. I was worried when your first post of the day was concluding that AE was innocent, which is what caused me to try to fakeclaim.
This would have certainly played out very differently had I gotten lynched early. I think if I had died, you all would have probably went after tale on d2, seeing how I made him look by giving him the item and not nightkilling him.

As for odd, he was a really easy lynch thanks to what he was doing. My whole thing about odd not needing the item, was because he didn't need the item. He had absolutely no heat on him, and I had absolutely no reason to nk him before that either since he wasn't doing anything. He made it really easy to go for a daykill though.
Thank you for hosting, Cap! This game has helped me a bit from isolation period. I finally understand how the layout is setup.

Thanks psy! Your fakeclaim worked, I'm not familiar with role balancing. Even if I try to counter claim- I have to nothing show for it. After demon lynched, I thought it was already too late. It's my mistake to doubt Emily's alignment even though town already lost.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I don't think odd intended to fake claim. He just had a problem to grasp differences between doctor and healer at first.

I mentioned that some of the roles might be bastard. I should have made this more visible or write down possible bastard mechanics instead of just linking to them.
Jeroen_Sol
Psy, I gotta ask, if you had a power to end the day early and insta-win the game, why did you risk getting lynched the final day?
I wasn't sure I could, given the way things were phrased. I gained like 5 powers and for context the entire part of the game I was actually paying attention (end of d2 -> d3) was the tail 48 hours of a gamejam where I hadn't slept since like Friday so my reading comprehension was probably not good and I didn't feel like ruleslawyering, so, w/e, d3
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You could end d4 prematurely. I probably should have phrases some stuff differently.
I think I would like to use items in my next game again, but to make them more accessible to all players, I'm thinking about introducing a push-your-luck minigame.
Cult mechanics are cool but not as fun for players imo.
Jeroen_Sol
Ah yes, makes sense Psy.

Anyway, if everyone is still craving more mafia, I can start cooking up a game tonight. Would people be up for another round?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Sure. I did abysmally this game and I'd love to make up for it.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I would play.
Jeroen_Sol
Alright, I'll start thinking then.

Edit: I do have an idea. It's not worked out yet by any means, but it's promising enough to warrant sign-ups.