THE WORLD IS FALLING APART AND I AM JOINING RMN

Pages: 1
Hello extant human people!

It can be hard to think about what to say when introducing oneself to a new group/community under the best of times, but if you happen to be doing it while the literal apocalypse seems to be happening, that's much worse. Like, the world is ending. It's distracting.

I am a game developer and I am trying to do it for a living, and that is very hard. I had some success as part of an indie company (one it's even possible you might have heard of, but naming them would not be professional considering I will almost certainly say unkind things about them later on) but things ended badly there and now I am on my own again.

I never considered RPG Maker as a serious option or alternative for commercial game development until a couple years ago when I discovered RPG Maker MV and the major advancements that had been made to the software. However, just like I play videogames for fun and also to learn game design best practices from others' accomplishments and mistakes, I also make videogames just for toots and giggles too, so I've been messing around with RPG Maker since RPG Maker XP was new, actually! I went through a phase where I was kind of obsessed with horror games in RM (so the RM games I know best are horror ones), but in the end the same thing that drew me towards that--the general, borderline perverse unsuitability of the dev tool to the genre--also forced me to give up on it. I have never released a game of my own, to my shame and sorrow. But I believe RMMV to be at least as valid a dev tool as GM or Unity and I'm excited at the possibilities.

In general I really like weird, experimental stuff in all forms of media. It's probably pretty fair to call me pretentious at least a lot of the time.

Other than that I'm not sure what to say! I live in America, lucky me. Besides RPGs (of which I also like the kind that involve actual physical dice AND the kind that involve foam swords and/or dressing like vampires and playing rock paper scissors) I like rock'n'roll, bacon, British Youtube personalities with soothing voices, wizards (in nearly any context, except the software one) and truly enormous rodents.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Hello and welcome! You have a good avatar!
like, rodents of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.
Capybaras are strangely satisfying to look at. There's something very nice about the shape of their faces. Anyway, hi!
Hello large rodent man! Pleased to make your acquaintance and don't worry about the coronapocalypse. Us ape-men have toughed through worse. We're all in this together my dude.
Pages: 1