[RMVX ACE] HOW TO ADD ENEMY SPECIAL ATTACK ANIMATION?

Pages: 1
like for example if I want the enemy to shoot an arrow,he has to look like he is actually shooting an arrow. So how do I do this?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, to just add an attack animation, you need to give the enemy an attack ability that has that animation. If you can't find one of a shooting arrow, you'll have to make one. In the animation tab, you'll find that you have a bunch of animation sheets to choose from to make new animations. If you can't find specifically what you want, then you'll either need to make a new graphics for it yourself, or find an animation sheet that matches what you're looking for searching Google.
author=pianotm
Well, to just add an attack animation, you need to give the enemy an attack ability that has that animation. If you can't find one of a shooting arrow, you'll have to make one. In the animation tab, you'll find that you have a bunch of animation sheets to choose from to make new animations. If you can't find specifically what you want, then you'll either need to make a new graphics for it yourself, or find an animation sheet that matches what you're looking for searching Google.
actually I meant the enemy using a special attack in side view battle system.I would like the enemy body to be animated while using a special attack. I have no idea how to do it
pianotm
That should work the same as front view. If you're using Galv's you can't really do anything super fancy anyway. It'll still be using the front view system to display enemy battlers. It's up to you to position them for side view use. The skill being used has the animation assigned. Assign the relevant skill to the enemy. When the enemy uses the skill in battle, the animation assigned to the skill will play. If you want something that can do fancier animations, like fully animated enemies, you're going to have to switch to something like Victor Engine or Battle Symphony.
author=pianotm
That should work the same as front view. If you're using Galv's you can't really do anything super fancy anyway. It'll still be using the front view system to display enemy battlers. It's up to you to position them for side view use. The skill being used has the animation assigned. Assign the relevant skill to the enemy. When the enemy uses the skill in battle, the animation assigned to the skill will play. If you want something that can do fancier animations, like fully animated enemies, you're going to have to switch to something like Victor Engine or Battle Symphony.
how do i assign animation to skill for the enemy in galv's script?
pianotm
You don't do anything with enemies in Galv's. Galv's sideview battle script doesn't handle enemies. It only adds player sprites and coordinates to the screen. That's all it does. Nothing but the heroes. Those are all that script cares about. To deal with the enemies, you change them in the regular VX Ace database as usual. I suggest you find sideview graphics for enemies, too. Some of the RTP, you can get away with moving it to the side and making it look sideview, but most, you can't.
author=pianotm
You don't do anything with enemies in Galv's. Galv's sideview battle script doesn't handle enemies. It only adds player sprites and coordinates to the screen. That's all it does. Nothing but the heroes. Those are all that script cares about. To deal with the enemies, you change them in the regular VX Ace database as usual. I suggest you find sideview graphics for enemies, too. Some of the RTP, you can get away with moving it to the side and making it look sideview, but most, you can't.
what if I use victors engine? Will I be able to assign body animation to a character skills?

And btw how do I add skills to actor?
also how do i change the atk power of skills
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I can't speak for side-view systems, but, I can speak to...

author=david1234

...this question. In regards to skills, there's a few ways to do it. The most common method is probably through the actor's class. This way, you can associate skills to be learned at a certain level. Another method is to set a skill to the actor. Another way is to attach skills to equipment. If you're feeling experimental, try doing it through states.

The thing to look out for is skill categories. Having a skill, by itself, will do nothing. It needs a skill category to be listed under. You can associate a skill category the same way you can associate a skill.

Changing the attack power of skills is pretty simple. For that, you need to look at the formula bar for skills. For example, the formula bar for a normal attack, by default, would look like...

a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

...this. Where "a" represents the user of the skill, and "b" represents the target. If this is your basis, you can increase a skills' power in a few ways. The typical way is to add a "base" value, like...

50 + a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

...so. Another way is to manipulate how much defense alters the formula...

a.atk * 4 - b.def

...or to manipulate how much attack alters the formula...

a.atk * 5 - b.def * 2

...do a combination of both...

50 + a.atk * 5 - b.def

...like so.

*Edit: If you're feeling experimental, you can do a script-call...

damage(10, a.atk, b.def)

...like so, where "damage" calls...

def damage(base, atk_p, def_p)
  # Damage is equal to the base multiplied by a "damage multiplier". This
  # multiplier is calculated via a percentage based on the difference between
  # the attacker's attack-stat and the defender's defense-stat.
  m = 1.0 + ((atk_p - def_p) / 16.0)

if m <= 0.0
    # If the damage multiplier is 0 or less, we can just return the minimum
    # damage of 1.
    return 1
  end

# Now that we know the "damage multiplier", it's time to do the calculation.
  # The result is a floating-point, so, we round up afterwards.
  damage = (base.to_f * m).ceil

if damage < 1
    damage = 1  # Minimum damage value is 1.
  end

return damage
end

...this process.
pianotm
david1234
what if I use victors engine? Will I be able to assign body animation to a character skills?

Victor Engine?

How many games have you made? What you want to do sounds like a job for Victor Engine or Battle Symphony. I'd recommend Battle Symphony because it actually has an instruction manual that you can look up in Google Docs, or alternatively, you can find it posted on RMW. These scripts require you to be experienced with scripting, but I've found that Battle Symphony is good for learning (thanks to the instruction manual.).

You don't fully understand what you're asking for. I could be wrong, but I suspect you're on your first game, in which case, I'm going to recommend you don't attempt fully animated battles at all. If this is your first game, or even your second or third, you just don't have the experience yet, you're going to regret it, and you're probably going to get so frustrated trying to figure out doing what you're trying to do, that you may just quit game developement all together, and nobody wants that to happen. This kind of thing is a nightmare from Hell if you've never done it before. You need to understand that VX Ace isn't designed to animate the enemy battlers. You're trying to force it do something it's not designed to do. People do it. It's actually one of the things that Victor Engine and Battle Symphony are meant to do, but take a good look at those scripts and try to imagine what's involved.

For you, the best advice imaginable comes from LockeZ: "You need to level up more before you can finish an impressive game. Grind experience points by making tiny shitty games"

But, if you really want to try and make fully animated combat, VE or BS are definitely the way to go. If you have trouble finding Battle Symphony, I can drop the scripts in your inbox. As for Victor Sant's Engine, I'm not as sure how available those are. I have a few of the scripts, but it's not an engine I use so I don't have all of them (I should see if I can grab those because I've been putting together a VX Ace script collection.).
author=pianotm
david1234

Victor Engine?

How many games have you made? What you want to do sounds like a job for Victor Engine or Battle Symphony. I'd recommend Battle Symphony because it actually has an instruction manual that you can look up in Google Docs, or alternatively, you can find it posted on RMW. These scripts require you to be experienced with scripting, but I've found that Battle Symphony is good for learning (thanks to the instruction manual.).

You don't fully understand what you're asking for. I could be wrong, but I suspect you're on your first game, in which case, I'm going to recommend you don't attempt fully animated battles at all. If this is your first game, or even your second or third, you just don't have the experience yet, you're going to regret it, and you're probably going to get so frustrated trying to figure out doing what you're trying to do, that you may just quit game developement all together, and nobody wants that to happen. This kind of thing is a nightmare from Hell if you've never done it before. You need to understand that VX Ace isn't designed to animate the enemy battlers. You're trying to force it do something it's not designed to do. People do it. It's actually one of the things that Victor Engine and Battle Symphony are meant to do, but take a good look at those scripts and try to imagine what's involved.

For you, the best advice imaginable comes from LockeZ: "You need to level up more before you can finish an impressive game. Grind experience points by making tiny shitty games"

But, if you really want to try and make fully animated combat, VE or BS are definitely the way to go. If you have trouble finding Battle Symphony, I can drop the scripts in your inbox. As for Victor Sant's Engine, I'm not as sure how available those are. I have a few of the scripts, but it's not an engine I use so I don't have all of them (I should see if I can grab those because I've been putting together a VX Ace script collection.).
it is my second game but my first game in rpg vx ace. and yes I would be happy if you could send me the scripts for battle symphony and tell me which part of the script assigns skill animation.
pianotm
david1234
it is my second game but my first game in rpg vx ace. and yes I would be happy if you could send me the scripts for battle symphony

I don't have access to my regular computer, right now, but fortunately, I know where this stuff is online

https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/blob/master/yami-script-ace/01%20-%20BasicModule.txt
This is the Basic Module. You need to put this in, and drop Battle Symphony below it.

https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/tree/master/battle-symphony
The two scripts on this page, and four of the five scripts in the add-ons folder is what you need. Obviously, you can't be using both Holder's and Kaduki battlers.

and tell me which part of the script assigns skill animation.

I don't know. I've never animated the enemy battlers, and when I make stuff with Battle Symphony, I make it as I need it (basically, seat-of-pants style of development). I assume it's the same way you'd do it with the player characters. Read the instructions and experiment.
Here is the Battle Engine manual.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16zEipBx4p4iL_ty8LGf2z3ldFUzlBEfdM9QkSu-zXyY/edit#heading=h.vlqeekpclgdk
author=pianotm
david1234
it is my second game but my first game in rpg vx ace. and yes I would be happy if you could send me the scripts for battle symphony
I don't have access to my regular computer, right now, but fortunately, I know where this stuff is online

https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/blob/master/yami-script-ace/01%20-%20BasicModule.txt
This is the Basic Module. You need to put this in, and drop Battle Symphony below it.

https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/tree/master/battle-symphony
The two scripts on this page, and four of the five scripts in the add-ons folder is what you need. Obviously, you can't be using both Holder's and Kaduki battlers.

and tell me which part of the script assigns skill animation.

I don't know. I've never animated the enemy battlers, and when I make stuff with Battle Symphony, I make it as I need it (basically, seat-of-pants style of development). Read the instructions and experiment.
Here is the Battle Engine manual.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16zEipBx4p4iL_ty8LGf2z3ldFUzlBEfdM9QkSu-zXyY/edit#heading=h.vlqeekpclgdk
thank you i will try to experiment with them and see whats best for me,although the galv's script might be enough for me
Pages: 1