[MAFIA] CHRONO TRIGGER - A MAFIA THROUGH TIME - GAME OVER

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm definitely down to play again! A week sounds good to me!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
neat. if people have preferences as to whether they would like a rather vanilla or power-role heavy game, or a mix, feel free to say so. was thinking about a class-changing gimmick since I've been eyeing trials of mana lately, but it might also be nice to cool off and go back to basics for a bit.
I'm a fan of power role hell, but mixed is fine. Vanilla is gross and boring though.
With very few exceptions I enjoy open/semiopen setups vs closed, but whatever roles are fine
A class changing system sounds interesting to me. I enjoy custom setups more than I do vanilla setups, but that's just me. I'll play it either way though.
Oh I'm fine with a custom setup or "vanilla" town of salem or werewolf (two of my favorite vanilla setups btw). As long as the custom setup isn't 5 paragraphs long of complicated mechanics. I think it'd be cool to do an RPGMAKER custom game where the roles are characters or RPGMAKER like Eric and Ralph, because we're on an RPGMaker site so it'd be hilarious, but I'm not verse enough with mafia to do something like that myself. Also I feel like I probably used the word verse wrong, it sounds right but wrong. Did I mean adverse? Maybe? I hate the English language.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Muffle made me sad with the roleblock.

I don't really understand why I was targeted for the nightkill? I guess I was a confirmed town, but still, I figure getting rid of the dude (Fomar) who can revive people and stuff would be a bigger priority, but...

Oh, well. Good game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Fomar had already used his power and you hadn't.
What good timing Chrono Trigger is 50% off on steam, though I already have it on DS, I might dip again.
@Fomar Good to know!

Also Chrono Trigger (Upgrade Ver.) is available on mobile (IOS, Android)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm down for another game. I prefer simpler setups, but i really enjoy new and fresh mechanics too.

I think there's not any really satisfying way to make roles flavourful and avoid claims with good vs. evil themes. So, one way is to include vanilla roles and make at least one half of players generic characters or you can use more gray zone theme such as Game of Thrones.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I would prefer simpler setups, mostly because I'm still a novice and it would help me focus on the basics. But I'm okay with anything, really. I can adapt.

So, one week from now? Works fine by me! From May 4 I'll resume my daily work routine, though, so I won't be as active as I was 'til now, but I'll be able to catch up during evening my time (Italy time).
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Cap_H
I think there's not any really satisfying way to make roles flavourful and avoid claims with good vs. evil themes. So, one way is to include vanilla roles and make at least one half of players generic characters or you can use more gray zone theme such as Game of Thrones.

I do remember one game by CAVE which was FF2 themed. Either the emperor or Borgen had killed and taken the disguise of Firion. That kinda works, but isn't really any different from making one of the player characters scum.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I made katt and...someone else scum in breath of fire mafia. Just do whatever and worry about flavor later if you want, imo
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean I think it's fine to have a Chrono Cross game where all the town-aligned players are named after Chrono Cross heroes and all the scum-aligned players are named after Chrono Cross villains. You can claim to be Funguy and it doesn't really tell anyone whether or not you're being truthful. That's no different from claiming to be a doctor or a cop.

It only becomes stupid when you have a very small cast of heroes and everyone is pretty sure that almost every single one of them is going to be in the game. That means scum can't fake claim without claiming a role that a town player definitely has. So they just can't fake claim as anything but vanilla. And if the game has no vanilla, like this one, then they can't even pretend to be vanilla. They literally can't claim that they're not scum, because every non-scum player is accounted for.

So basically I guess what I'm saying is that open setups are idiotic if more than a small fraction of the town players have power roles. In an open game, people with power roles are practically immune to being lynched. Because everyone knowing that a role exists as a town role is ultimately pretty similar to everyone knowing who has that role. The two differences are that scum doesn't know who has it on day one so they can't kill the people with the strongest roles right away, and that a scum can try to fake-claim against it as a last-ditch effort if they're going to die anyway.

This game was basically an open game for 6 of the 9 town roles, and all 6 of those people were effectively immune to being lynched, and that's why I don't like it.