[MAFIA] CHRONO TRIGGER - A MAFIA THROUGH TIME - GAME OVER

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Chrono Trigger - A Mafia Through Time

This is closed setup mafia game, that I will try to make work for however many sign-ups I get (11). Sign-ups are now closed!

What is Mafia?
Wikipedia
Mafia (Russian: Ма́фия, also known as Werewolf) is a party game created in the USSR by Dimitry Davidoff in 1986, modelling a battle between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the townspeople). Players are secretly assigned roles: either mafia, who know each other; or townspeople, who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's night phase the mafia covertly "murder" a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople. A typical game starts with seven townspeople and two mafiosi.

Standard Roles and Rules:
Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia and Independent.

Town
If you are part of the Town, then your objective as a group is to stay alive and try to find out who the Mafia are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not. Townies who die still win when the rest of the town wins.

Mafia
The Mafia (aka Scum) on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the Town. They can communicate with other scum members outside the thread during night phase. During the night, they can come together, discuss, and kill a townie. If all goes according to their plan (which it might not), then that townie will be dead -thus cannot post or vote- for the rest of the game.

Independent
As an Independent, your job is to survive until the end of the game. Depending on your role, this may constitute killing of all Town-aligned players and Mafia and being the only player left alive or simply staying alive regardless of whether the Town or Mafia win, and having a separate win condition. An independent may or may not be in the game.

If all Mafia are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough Town-aligned people are killed that the amount of Mafia is greater than or equal to the amount of Town-aligned people, The Mafia Wins!
If an Independent successfully survives and satisfies their win condition, they Win!

Game Structure:
The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched (note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.
Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the scum's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

The Rules:
1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch Jeroen_Sol or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

7. ANTI-STALLING RULES:
- 1: If nobody dies two day and night phases in a row due to any faction withholding kills, the game ends in favour of whichever faction(s) did not withhold their kill in those two day and night phases, or was the last to do so if all factions did.
- 2: If a nolynch happens at MYLO (non-scum = scum + 2), scum must attempt to kill the following night phase.

Game-specific Rules:

Time travel:

The main gimmick of this game is time travel. The following list of time periods exists in the game:

• 65000000 B.C. - Age of Reptites
  • 12000 B.C. - Age of Magic
  • 600 A.D. - Age of Fiends
  • 1000 A.D. - Age of Peace
  • 1999 A.D. - Age of Lavos
  • 2300 A.D. - Age of Ruin
  • End Of Time: No effects

Each time period will have a global effect which can be positive or negative on all living players. On top of this, some time periods may have additional effects on specific players based on their magical element. The effects of a time period will become public when a day phase starts in that time period. Each day, living players can vote on what time period to travel to in the next day phase like #Travel 1000 A.D. The next destination must be chosen from the list of unexplored time periods, and is decided by plurality vote. (Lynches are the standard majority) Should the game last until the 7th game day, all time periods will become available again, this time of course with their effect already known.

When signing up, please provide a #Travel vote for day 1. This time period will also be chosen by plurality.

Abilities and MP:

Abilities in this game will cost MP to use. As such, all abilities in this game can be interpreted to be X-shot. All players start the game with 3 MP. It is possible to lose or gain MP under certain circumstances.
Some characters may have both day-phase and night-phase abilities. Unless otherwise stated, you are allowed to use at most 1 ability per full game day. This means that using a day ability prevents you from also using a night ability the following night.

Day actions are to be sent to me via PM during day phase. They can take effect immediately, or at the end of the day. When using a day action, I will make it public in my next votecount that a day action has been used, but not what action or by whom.

Vanilla Town Role PM:
You are a Vanilla Town!
You have no magical element. You start with 3 MP.

Abilities:
None

You win when all scum are killed.
You lose when the scum outnumber the town.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-ups:

01 - demonlord5000 - Robo, survived.
02 - AlaskanEmily - Lavos, lynched but revived Day 1. Burned to death Day 2.
03 - oddRABBIT - Frog, died Night 1.
04 - Cap_H - Ayla, survived.
05 - LockeZ - Queen Zeal, lynched Day 2.
06 - Fomar0153 - Crono, survived.
07 - psy_wombats - Marle, survived.
08 - OldPat - Mune, survived.
09 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - Lucca, survived.
10 - Lizardman_Princess - Masa, survived.
11 - Muffle - Magus, survived.

Replacements:

OzzyTheOne
tale

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 0 Time Travel Votecount:

600 A.D.: 2 - demonlord5000, Cap_H
1000 A.D.: 1 - oddRABBIT
2300 A.D.: 2 - psy_wombats, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
End of Time: 6 - AlaskanEmily, LockeZ, Fomar0153, OldPat, Lizardman_Princess, Muffle
Sounds promising. Gotta recruit glenn and gain levels for the fated showdown...

#travel age of monsters

Edit: Didn't that say age of monsters instead of age of fiends a min ago, or am I crazy?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=demonlord5000
Didn't that say age of monsters instead of age of fiends a min ago, or am I crazy?

It did. I changed it. Your vote still stands though.
I have a terrible confession. I have never played Chrono Trigger.

#travel End of Time

That sounds like a lovely time to be!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yo. I'll play.

#travel 1000 A.D. - Age of Peace
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
in

#travel age of fiends

Edit: these are some nice standard rules you have
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sign me up, coach.

#travel End of Time

author=AlaskanEmily
I have a terrible confession. I have never played Chrono Trigger.
I don't care if normal people haven't played Chrono Trigger, but if you're an RPG developer and you haven't played Chrono Trigger, that's actually horrible. That's like being an oil painter and having never seen Starry Night, or being an adventure film director and having never watched Star Wars. Stop, go play it. We'll wait. Come back to the mafia game when you're done.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Cap_H
these are some nice standard rules you have

I should probably read them again and see if they need any updating. Last few games I hosted I've just been mindlessly copy-pasting them.

Also yes Emily, you should definitely play Chrono Trigger!
I have a confession also, I enjoyed Chrono Cross more.

I think I should be able to find some time for some more mafia.

#travel End of Time
Jeroen_Sol
Good to have you back Fomar!
I almost joined the last one but I knew I didn't have the time. Good to be back!
#travel Age of Ruin coming for you, su-zaku, I mean uh, wrong game
Jeroen_Sol
I have finalized the setup. (It should work for anywhere between 8 and 11 players)
As such, more game-specific info is now available, namely MP!

Abilities in this game will cost MP to use. As such, all abilities in this game can be interpreted to be X-shot. All players start the game with 3 MP. It is possible to lose or gain MP under certain circumstances.
Some characters may have both day-phase and night-phase abilities. Unless otherwise stated, you are allowed to use at most 1 ability per full game day. This means that using a day ability prevents you from also using a night ability the following night.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I remember basically almost nothing about CT and I've never played Mafia before.

But wth

#travel End of Time

Let's goooo!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Also, reminder that the title currently said Chrono Tigger.
Jeroen_Sol
Oops.

I'm not the first to make that typo either. There are loads of images of Chrono Tigger, presumably because of people making the exact same typo.
Jeroen_Sol
In any case, we have 8 players, so I'm going to start the countdown on these sign-ups. I'm hoping for at least one more player, so I'm going to keep sign-ups open until Friday, and then start the game.
I'll also PM Cave and tale to ask if they want to play.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
#travel 2300 AD