[MAFIA] CHRONO TRIGGER - A MAFIA THROUGH TIME - GAME OVER

author=Muffle
I'd rather not say why because I'm not sure how to put it in words without sounding mean? Basically what everyone else is saying, I'd rather keep Cap in the game over Odd because at least Cap might provide some usefulness or a flub later on.

Wait, so "he might be useful, or not" is your reasoning to not lynch him? I mean it's hard to argue with that as a statement, but it's also not a particularly strong case.

I would really like to think that this Odd train is suspicious, but at the same time there is no way we have like four scum.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Hm, this is unfortunate. I guess I'll die.

...Not. Unfortunately...

And I'm Kirito.

That isn't a roleclaim, or whatever, but... it certainly is interesting I chose that video specifically.

Anyways, keep it in mind before you kill me.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
...Oof, that was supposed to be my cool moment and formatting killed it, I guess.

author=AlaskanEmily
Wait, so "he might be useful, or not" is your reasoning to not lynch him? I mean it's hard to argue with that as a statement, but it's also not a particularly strong case.

Yes, and I also have other reasons for lynching odd more than cap right now. and tbf I don't think ANYONE has a particularly strong case day 1.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=Muffle
Yes, and I also have other reasons for lynching odd more than cap right now. and tbf I don't think ANYONE has a particularly strong case day 1.

Oh, oh, oh? And what could that be? What are these other reasons? Please, explain in full detail.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
take him ou
author=oddRABBIT
Hm, this is unfortunate. I guess I'll die.

...Not. Unfortunately...

And I'm Kirito.

That isn't a roleclaim, or whatever, but... it certainly is interesting I chose that video specifically.

Anyways, keep it in mind before you kill me.

this makes me want to kill you infinitely more.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
That's sort of the point. How else am I supposed to use my scum ability to insta-kill all town when I get lynched, then?
I'm actually kind of feeling my AE vote.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Day 1 Lynch Votecount as of 2020-04-26, 9:24 CEST:

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 0 - demonlord5000
oddRABBIT: 4 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, Muffle
LockeZ: 1 - Muffle, Lizardman_Princess
demonlord5000: 1 - psy_wombats, OldPat
psy_wombats: 1 - Cap_H
Cap_H: 2 - psy_wombats, LockeZ, oddRABBIT
Muffle: 0 - psy_wombats
AlaskanEmily: 1 - psy_wombats

Not voting: 1 - AlaskanEmily

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 Time Travel Votecount as of 2020-04-26, 9:24 CEST:

65000000 B.C.: 1 - Muffle
2300 A.D.: 8 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, psy_wombats, Cap_H, Fomar0153, OldPat, LockeZ, oddRABBIT, demonlord5000

Not voting: 2 - AlaskanEmily, Lizardman_Princess

Day 1 will end 2020-04-27, 22:00 CEST, in about 36.5 hours, or when hammer is reached.

When cancelling a vote, please do so with #Cancel Lynch or #Cancel Travel so it's easier to interpret.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
Hey psy, why did you vote to travel to 2300 AD today?

What was the purpose of this question?

I'm not really a fan of LockeZ sitting on his Cap_H vote. we all know CapH is insane. all of us. including new players. including future players. But the sentiment behind this vote

"Either Cap_H is brain damaged, or he's scum and is doing a really bad job of pretending to go scum-hunting."

is, well, something that you apply far more to Odd (he's bad for us either way.) though you wouldn't call it brain damage as it's just tantamount to trolling at this point. Lockez made mention of this ungodly posting style at one point.

This isn't scummy in of itself unless, you know, odd flips scum lol. but um. I don't really like the 'bad either way' argument in this case because I think we've all seen CapH do good work as town in the past. feels a bit opportunistic after an admittingly insane post.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm not seeing much in the way of an AE case but no content that isn't fence-sitting either.
That was the entire case, that she FOS'd two people but is the only person not voting
author=oddRABBIT
<Youtube video>

I don't really know what to think about this. I don't like how vague it is, like it's leaving the door open for multiple explanations (including different claims) later, but without having to come up with the claim yet.

I also don't see how it's particularly helpful. If he's really making the claim that his role is so useful we shouldn't lynch him, then just saying "it's great, trust me" makes him a target for scum anyway.

If it's really not a roleclaim (or even a hint at one), then I'm afraid I don't understand what his case is.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I'm not seeing much in the way of an AE case but no content that isn't fence-sitting either.

Because I was still kind of waiting for things to happen.
I mean, as vanilla town, there is no greater aspiration than eating a nightkill~

anyway my AE vote is in earnest, would much rather be rid of her today than Odd no offense
author=psy_wombats
I mean, as vanilla town, there is no greater aspiration than eating a nightkill~

What scum would night kill Odd? They know town will kill him nearly everytime. Remember that time Shinan got night killed and absolutely no one could come up with a reason why in the world any scum-team would do that? (It was because they were concerned about night kills being blocked and no one would guard Shinan).

I'm not feeling the case on AlaskanEmily but it's weird she is the only one left who isn't voting. As for Cap_H I haven't played with him much but I think he was in the first or second game I played and he was all over the place, if it was the only way to secure a lynch today I'd consider it but Odd is by far the better candidate for me.

If Odd is scum, horay we saved ourselves days of doubt. The very first game I played 2/3 scum died day 1 and then we got to MYLO with him as the final scum and the most recent game I played he was there at MYLO but town and it nearly cost us the game because although the final scum was vaguely scummy we couldn't shake the doubts about Odd.
If Odd is town then we won't waste a potentially more informed lynch on him later and like I said what scum team would night kill him? The only way he is getting night killed is if he is confirmed town.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=LockeZ
Hey psy, why did you vote to travel to 2300 AD today?
What was the purpose of this question?

I don't have any good questions on day one, so I asked a dumb one, in the hopes that it would just somehow get people talking more seriously. It got you talking, at least, I guess. Mission accomplished?

Regarding my vote, Cap_H hasn't made a single post since then. I was kind of at least waiting to see how Cap_H responded to my vote before doing anything, because if I change my vote to someone else before he even sees it then he probably won't respond to it at all.

If the answer is that he's just not going to post for the rest of day one then let it be known that I have no objection to murdering Odd. His playstyle is quiet and passive, and I understand trying to get rid of that before it comes back to bite us (even as town he doesn't contribute much). But I want to put pressure on multiple people and get them all talking if possible, not just hyper-focus on the person who I think will probably get lynched today anyway. Votes are one way to do that.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
If Odd's playstyle is far too much on the "passive", "lay low" side of things then yeah, I think it's easy to consider a lynch for him. Then again, if he's scum wouldn't it be kind of a "counterproductive" style of play for him?

We're all already targeting him, after all. Either his playstyle suck *that* much, past experiences of Mafia games with him were *that* bad, or we're already looking at cases of scum filling their own agenda by picking on Odd, one of the possible townspeople. As Emily said, four and more can't be scum, but others could have just jumped on the bandwagon.

... Knowing Odd, though...

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Eh, let's make the decision easier for you all.

My role is Frog. I'm town-aligned, obviously. My two abilities are Water and Heal. Water costs 2 MP, and allows me to make one, uncancellable vote as ???. Heal costs 1 MP, and allows me to essentially give one other player 1 MP.

I'm thinking this either means that everyone here has a role, or I can very easily miss if I target someone who doesn't use MP.

Anyways, that's my role-claim. Feel free to let me die.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, I don't have any reason to disbelieve Odd. So my vote against Cap_H stands.
LockeZ
Actually, I think that might change my vote. Not my lynch vote though.

#travel 600 AD

If we have Frog as a known character in the game, then it makes sense to me to try to boost the powers of the one character we actually know about. It's not clear how the eras work yet, but I suspect Frog's home era is the most likely era to boost Frog's power.

This is also working under the assumption that there's probably a doctor who will protect him tonight. If he doesn't stay alive until tomorrow then this will be a waste.

Also, Odd, the vanilla town PM is in the original post. Which implies to me that vanilla town is almost certainly a role that exists. So yes, just FYI, I do think it's possible to waste your Heal by targeting vanilla town.