[MAFIA] CHRONO TRIGGER - A MAFIA THROUGH TIME - GAME OVER

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
shut up u idiots
author=LockeZ
author=Lizardman_Princess
Didn't you *just* vote for me? Suddenly "if anyone is scum, it's Cavedog"? Thought your plan was that I was scum?
I mean, I voted for you earlier today because it was a choice between several people who were all kind of not great choices. Cavedog seemed to be acting very typical at that point, and you didn't seem to be scum hunting at all. I have a play style where, as Liberty noted under my avatar, I "just kill and imprison people at random until crime stops." I thought you seemed like potential scum so I voted for you. Voting to lynch someone is a good way to pressure them into either being more useful or panicking, and to get other people to look more closely at them.

Cavedog on the other hand has a play style where instead of talking, he says things to get other people to talk, and he listens. But I'm pretty sure that's his play style as scum too, with the major difference that he doesn't really care what he hears, as long as other people hear things that are suspicious from each other. And in retrospect, I no longer think that the things Cavedog was saying were trying to get other people to scum hunt, or anything else useful. I think they were his particular flavor of manipulative scum trash where he banks on his charisma to post whatever he wants and get people to start accusing each other and think it was their own idea. And I think I fell for it.

All this talk of "Playstyle in the past" like someone can't just up and change how they decide to play. Also, your most recent claim banks a lot upon what you know of previous games rather than analyzing what's happening in this one. Wouldn't it be better to focus on the game at hand rather than attempt to psycho-analyze the intent behind past games? If this Mafia game is meant to stand by itself, and as, evidently, you and a few others find it frustrating when new players do not post or are just trying to get a read on what's going down and being super careful about posting, doesn't the reliance of past-knowledge not applicable to everyone IG META the whole point of the game then?

It seems like the most helpful focus here, in this present game right now, would be to focus upon the facts we have in front of us rather than draw upon the rather subjective META of players' styles in past games.

If you start saying "This person doesn't play like this in past games!" Who are we to disprove you, other than the people who have conveniently also played with you all and agree with your ruling? Wouldn't the inclusion of things outside this game or references to players' styles in other Mafia games like this as actual "evidence" be considered META?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=LockeZ
But if Muffle/Magus is scum, or if one or more characters don't exist as a player role, then we could still potentially lose even if scum has no powers left to use. So I don't think I'm in "stop caring about the game because we automatically win" mode just yet. Though I'm closer than is comfortable.

Hm, i think it was Jero's game with three half doctors. So, towny looking powers don't necessary need to be town.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hammer has indeed fallen. Will get you guys out of suspense when I've woken up and had some coffee.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.

LockeZ was lynched Day 2! He was Queen Zeal, scum-aligned!
About Queen Zeal:

Magical element: Shadow

Abilities:
- Death Kiss - Night - You steal 1 MP from the target. This action is evaluated last of all night actions, and fails if the target has 0 MP remaining at that time. - Cost: 0 MP
- Halation - Day: EOD - The target's MP is lowered to 1, and your own MP is lowered to 0. If the target's MP is already at 0, it will remain at 0. - Cost: 2 MP

AlaskanEmily burned to death Day 2! She was Lavos, scum-aligned!
About Lavos:

Magical element: Fire

Abilities:
- Flare - Night - Set target on fire. Unless healed, the target will die at the end of next day phase. - Cost: 2 MP
- Screech - Day: Instant - A screech rings out publically. A video plays. All day actions used this day phase fail, and no more day actions are allowed to be submitted this day phase. (Affected players do not lose MP for their action) - Cost: 2 MP

Yes I did make HeroForge figurines for all the characters in this game, so I'll be damned if I don't post them even though nobody died.

Fomar0153 survived! He was Crono, town-aligned!
About Crono:

Magical element: Light

Abilities:
- Raise - Day: EOD - This day's lynch target will flip, but will be immediately revived afterwards. - Cost: 2 MP
- Lightning - Night - Roleblock one target (They will still lose MP if they used an action) - Cost: 1 MP

psy_wombats survived! He was Marle, town-aligned!
About Marle:

Magical element: Water

Abilities:
- Cure - Day: EOD - Heal a target that is fated to die at the end of this day phase. - Cost: 1 MP
- Haste - Day: EOD - Allows target to use an extra action during the upcoming night phase - Cost: 1 MP

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK survived! He was Lucca, town-aligned!
About Lucca:

Magical element: Fire

Abilities:
- Flare - Night - Set target on fire. Unless healed, the target will die at the end of next day phase. - Cost: 2 MP
- Protect - Night - Protect target from the NK this night - Cost: 1 MP

demonlord5000 survived! He was Robo, town-aligned!
About Robo:

Abilities:
- Laser Spin - Night - You learn the identity of anyone who visits you tonight. - Cost: 2 MP
- Drain - Night - Lowers target's MP by 1 - Cost: 1 MP

Cap_H survived! He was Ayla, town-aligned!
About Ayla:

Magical element: None

Abilities:
- Tough - Passive - You are immune to the time period's negative effects. You can still benefit from the time period's positive effects.
- Kiss - Night - All negative night actions used on you fail this night. (Affected players do not lose MP for their action). Positive night actions can still affect you. You are not protected from the NK. - Cost: 2 MP

Muffle survived! She was Magus, town-aligned!
About Magus:

Abilities:
- Barrier - Night - You protect a target from all other night actions this night. (Affected players still lose MP for the failed action) The target is not protected from the NK. - Cost: 1 MP
- Drain - Night - Lowers target's MP by 1 - Cost: 1 MP

Lizardman_Princess and Oldpat survived! They were Masa and Mune respectively, town-aligned!
About Masa and Mune:

Magical element: Light

Abilities:
- Neighbour - Passive - You are allowed to communicate with your brother in Masamune chat. You do not know your brother's alignment.
- Typhoon - Night - You and your brother may decide on a target together. If the target uses a targeted night action this night phase, they will use it on themself. Fails if either of you is dead or at lower than 2 MP. - Cost: 2 MP each

Town wins the game!

---------------------------------------------------

Final Day 2 Lynch Votecount:

Muffle: 0 - psy_wombats, demonlord5000
LockeZ: 6 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, demonlord5000, Lizardman_Princess, Fomar0153, Muffle, Lizardman_Princess, OldPat
Lizardman_Princess: 1 - LockeZ, Cap_H
Fomar0153: 1 - AlaskanEmily
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 1 - LockeZ

Not voting: 1 - psy_wombats

Final Day 2 Time Travel Votecount:

65000000 B.C.: 1 - Muffle
12000 B.C.: 0 - OldPat
600 A.D.: 1 - psy_wombats
1000 A.D.: 4 - demonlord5000, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Lizardman_Princess, OldPat
1999 A.D.: 1 - Cap_H

Not voting: 3 - AlaskanEmily, LockeZ, Fomar0153

Game Doc
Dead Chat
Scum Chat
Masamune Chat

I don't think I've ever seen town steamroll a game like this before. Dang.

On the one hand I'm sad that most of the mechanics in the game never got a chance to shine (You guys only saw the useless and the utterly terrible time period), but on the other hand everyone was starting to talk about massclaiming, and I'm glad the game ended before it got to that, as the fakeclaims I gave scum weren't very powerful and you could have totally solved the game that way. I guess I should have expected everyone to want to massclaim but dammit, can't I trust you guys? XD

I think the MP system worked well, and I'm definitely going to use it again in future games. It adds immediate balance to the game by making everything X-shot, as well as making it more strategic as to when to use your abilities. It also allows for several MP-related abilities both on town's and scum's side that wouldn't be possible in other games, meaning I can make a few weak roles that are still more fun to play than vanilla.
Oh wow, poor OddFrog. Our only casualty.
Okay cool so town did indeed have fire powers and barrier did not deflect! Would've been cool if it did though, also I apparently prevented Fomar from being healed by Odd. Oops.... I wasn't as helpful as I thought. GG!
Ahh I screwed up d2, I thought it was /LockeZ/ who was Lucca and he was the one setting Emily on fire, thus all the hinting around. Damn. At least Cave took care of things.

Sorry Muffle I forget if you've fooled be before but you're somehow like GourdClae in that the way you write trips my scumsensor continuously.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Oh wow!
And to think I was beginning to suspect Cave... XD

This was my first mafia game ever. I must say, I had fun! And I'll be willing to play more mafia again in the future!

I certainly had a hard time keeping up with stuff, but I'll get the hang of it eventually.

GG WP Town!
Oh it's okay. I don't know why I would come off like that but I get it :P
I want to be clear on one point just so there is no confusion, I really actually did not set myself on fire.

So I guess it was Cave who did it to me, lol. I actually did consider exactly that possibility in scumchat, too.
So there was a pair of masons with a double tech!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I knew I was reaching with some parts of that case but had soulread locked with the ouijia board and was gonna fake a tracker result if I had to. Gg. Strong fakeclaims v important in a themed game. Setup was fun, sad we didn't see some crazy night action shit
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Yeah I set lavos on fire
It was absolutely hilarious for me to get to participate as flipped scum with no usable abilities for an extra day, I wish that was possible in more games :P Like that was seriously the highlight of my entire mafia career so far. Although perhaps town players were less amused...

Also wow good job Psy, he was really on a roll with the reads this game. He was solidly onto me early D1, and was suspicious of LockeZ early D2.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Yeah I set lavos on fire

The true burn was letting everyone continue thinking I did it to myself.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Fomar0153
So there was a pair of masons with a double tech!

Neighbours, technically speaking. They did not know each other's alignment. But yes, that guess was right on the money!
I'm sad you didn't set yourself on fire, honestly masa and mune if I had known you could do that to Lavos and didn’t! I suppose I should be glad you didn't claim considering you weren’t mod-confirmed, I probably would have taken that to mean one of you were scum.

AlaskenEmily you had me laughing constantly through day 2. Though the fact you hadn't acknowledged LockeZ's existence really stood out to when I compiled my chart, hence why I asked your opinion on him earlier on day 2.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
The mix of having to read into the themes of the game and learning how to mafia made hard for me to keep up, but I'm learning. I'm in for a new mafia game the moment it pops up.

LOL at Cave setting Emily on fire. Good call. XD

Another thing I struggled with was having to understand some terms y'all were using. Like what do you mean when you say "flipped scum"? As in a scum that got caught, right?
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Also yeah, Emily's situation made Day 2. XDDDD
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Flipped= dead, or whatever, and we can see their role

Yeah I was silently noting who AE was talking to as lavos but didn't want her to stop so I didn't mention it

Really hard game for scum to win after d1 I think. The flavor would gave eventually dammed the last survivor