[RMMV] ONLY IF I REMEMBER ON ON KICKSTARTER

Pages: 1
Hello everyone!
I wanted to introduce a small game project that our 3 person team has worked on for a year. Now it has grown to a different level than we were expecting. Here is the game we call, Only if I Remember:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/KXR0Zm4FZM4[/youtube]

Check our trailer
Follow William, an elderly man with Alzheimer's as he tries to repair and reconnect lost relationships by exploring sentimental items to navigate his memories. Interact with those closest to him, including family members and old friends while choosing who will come to visit on the next day.
Your choices determine the outcome of William’s story leading to alternate endings.
You choose who to remember.
You choose who to forget.

Why 4200$ funding?
At the beginning, the game was not supposed to be funded at all. Everyone in the team had a job before the pandemic and most of the time dedicated to building the game was from our free time.
However, now with the current situation, 2 of us lost our jobs so we decided to invest full time in this idea. The budget for the game is going to support all 3 members including electricity bills, software subscriptions such as Photoshop, Illustrator, premiere,... , more art assets and animations (we decided to get external help with animation so the team can focus on programming and the story), any important expenses that the 2 members who currently do not have jobs need to keep going like food or rent, and I believe the rest is counting for tax and other fees that come from the Kickstarter itself and also the PayPal.

Our project is going to take 3 months to be fully done with the story and programming. The budget is trying to cover all 3 months of development.

The game is supposed to have 4 phases, every phase has around 4 days of in-game gameplay. Every day could take around 15 to 30 minutes, really depends on how fast you read or how interested in the story of a certain character you are. There are 4 main characters, not counting the protagonist, and our final goal for this game is to take you on an emotional journey, no matter what character you want to learn more about.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

What is the 4200 going to be used for? Is there some reason you came up with such a high amount of money for this game? I really think kickstarters should include how the money is going to be spent. Artwork is usually the most expensive thing, but you title looks like it will be relatively short and basic.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I have zero context/knowledge in how much it takes to make a game commercially, so, I don't know if I'd call $4200 "high". It actually seems kinda low, but, yeah, I ultimately have no clue.

Saying that, it might not hurt for potential backers to know what expenses you are projecting for to arrive at that $4200 number?
That is a fair question.
I'll update the post and have all that information at the top.
I agree that $4200 isn't necessarily a huge number. For example, if OP wanted custom graphics for his game, it might cost him a huge chunk of that money. Creating graphics takes a ton of work and time, so artists need to be compensated fairly.

However, as others mentioned, a breakdown of how the money will be used would be very helpful to those considering donating.
Pages: 1