3 Villagers
1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Miller
1 Oracle

1 Lawyer
1 1-shot Janitor
1 Vanilla Goon

HERES WHAT THOSE ROLES DO AND THE PMs THEY WILL RECEIVE (excluding special rpgmaker flavor)
Vanilla Townie
Welcome! You are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

You have no special abilities.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Town Cop
Welcome! You are a Town Cop.
Abilities:

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be given a result of TOWN if you have targeted any member of the town save for the miller, or a currently lawyered member of the mafia. You will receive a result of SCUM if you target any currently unlawyered member of the mafia or the miller.
Win condition:

Town Doctor
Welcome! You are a Town Doctor.
Abilities:

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.
Win condition:

Town Oracle
Welcome! You are a Town Oracle

You may target one player per night phase. Should you at any point die, your most recent target will have their role publicly revealed to the thread.
Win condition:

Town Miller

The town miller receives the vanilla townie role PM. However, they will investigate as scum if targeted by the cop. If the oracle dies while targeting them, their true role of "Miller" will be revealed to the thread.

The miller wins when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Mafia Goon
Welcome! You are a Mafia Goon.
Abilities:

You and your partners share a factional kill each night. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia Lawyer
Welcome! You are a Mafia Lawyer.
Abilities:

You may target one mafia-aligned player per night phase, excluding yourself. If this player is invested by the cop during that night phase, the cop will receive a result of "Town."
You and your partners share a factional kill each night. You may commit the kill and perform a lawyering in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia 1-Shot Janitor
Welcome! You are a Mafia 1-Shot Janitor.
Abilities:

At any point during the game when the mafia performs a nightkill, you may expend your 1-Shot janitor. If the kill is successful, the dead player will not have their role revealed to the thread, but their role will become known to the scumteam. If the kill is not successful, your 1-shot janitor will not be expended.
You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.
Win condition:

Special NOTES!!!:

This game has a Night 0 phase that starts 24 hours before the game begins. During this phase, the oracle may pick a target, and the mafia team can chat.
If the oracle is janitored and killed, their oracle target will still be revealed.
If the oracle is killed while targeting the miller, their role will be revealed as 'miller' and not 'villager.'
The miller will have their true role revealed upon death.
I am running a setup with the potential to end really fast as I am stupid.
Majority votes! If a majority is not reached, no one dies.

Standard Roles and Rules:
Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia and Independent.

Town
If you are part of the Town, then your objective as a group is to stay alive and try to find out who the Mafia are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not. Townies who die still win when the rest of the town wins.

Mafia
The Mafia (aka Scum) on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the Town. They can communicate with other scum members outside the thread during night phase. During the night, they can come together, discuss, and kill a townie. If all goes according to their plan (which it might not), then that townie will be dead -thus cannot post or vote- for the rest of the game.

Independent
As an Independent, your job is to survive until the end of the game. Depending on your role, this may constitute killing of all Town-aligned players and Mafia and being the only player left alive or simply staying alive regardless of whether the Town or Mafia win, and having a separate win condition. An independent may or may not be in the game.

If all Mafia are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough Town-aligned people are killed that the amount of Mafia is greater than or equal to the amount of Town-aligned people, The Mafia Wins!
If an Independent successfully survives and satisfies their win condition, they Win!

Game Structure:
The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched (note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.
Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the scum's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

The Rules:
1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch Jeroen_Sol or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not too fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

7. ANTI-STALLING RULES:
- 1: If nobody dies two day and night phases in a row due to any faction withholding kills, the game ends in favour of whichever faction(s) did not withhold their kill in those two day and night phases, or was the last to do so if all factions did.
- 2: If a nolynch happens at MYLO (non-scum = scum + 2), scum must attempt to kill the following night phase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player List:
1) AlaskanEmily - ????
2) Psy_Wombats - wayward androgyne with a cheap dye job
3) Jeroen_Sol - Plot Twister Herald - Unknown Townie killed Night 1
4) Fomar0153 - Ruby
5) Oddrabbit - ????
6) Cap_H - Space Funeral
7) demonlord_5000 - Umbral Soul
8) Oldpat - Karma Flow
9) Tale - Oscar
10) LizardmanPrincess - PSX RPGmaker - Villager Executed Day 1
aww yeah if this turns out a repeat of boring mafia for boring people then I am downright /prepared/

edit: oh, my RM flavor is the 2k/3 "wayward androgyne with a cheap dye job" aka this guy
I know almost nothing about RPG Maker. Is there a Big the Cat of RPG Maker? I wanna be that.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Yes.

My flavour (which is technically not RM but it is RMN) will be this:
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Ahem...it was simple mafia for normal people.

By the by, check that out here if you want to see what this game will be like.

Sure I'll join, I'll add Ruby as the flavour.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
That's a big-ass ruby.
To that I answer scripting was a big ass improvement on eventing!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yo, I'll play.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
In as Space Funeral!
Had a bit going on or I would have signed up sooner. Big storm hit tennessee a few days ago and I had no power for a few days other than a generator powering essentials and one tv, and my phone. I'm finally back now!

If were taking rpg maker games as our persona/flavor, then sign me up as umbral soul.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I'm in as Karma Flow!
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Looks like this is gonna be starting on Monday. I think the minimum playercount is gonna be 9, but the more the merrier.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Gonna go ahead and use the 9p since that appears to be the way the winds are blowin. Edited the OP to include the setup. looks like it's a sequel!!! If you know someone who mistakenly believes mafia is a fun game, please trick them into signing up.
Ok

Oscar, reminds me of Andrew Jackson.
I already tried to trick...I mean convince some of my friends to play, but the excuse that they all decided to repeat back to me was that it would take too much time.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
That's 9...UNLESS SOMEONE SIGNS UP BEFORE 3:15 AM!!! Game starts on Monday. Have a good weekend!!!