RPGMAKER MAFIA FOR NORMAL PEOPLE GAME OVER [MAFIA]

I think it could also be worthwhile for the cop to claim if both he and the doctor survive until say day 3 if his results have a good likelihood of clearing people and leading to the right lynches.

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said though.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
OldPat, how do you know I chose something that wasn't 2k3?

#lynch OldPat
I was about to start doing the math given how long on average it'd take scum to find the doctor along with Fomar's accuracies but yeah, it doesn't work out -- plus it's possible we end up in a state where we don't know if Doc is dead or not.

we must resort to SOULREADs
Game is already a gambit for having an oracle, 100% accuracy role result if night action was submitted.

So if we were to accidentally lynched an oracle, it's a double edged sword. I hope that's taken account of your math simulation.
#cancel

author=tale
Game is already a gambit for having an oracle, 100% accuracy role result if night action was submitted.

So if we were to accidentally lynched an oracle, it's a double edged sword. I hope that's taken account of your math simulation.

My maths was based on the game as it stands, the numbers would update after the first lynch, night kills etc. If the miller and lawyer both die then the cop is 100% accurate.
The ideal scenario for the oracle is that they get night killed and absorb the janitor's 1-shot because it'll be obvious they were the oracle even though we're not told.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Oracle should target people they think are scum and not people they think are PRs. As long as they successfully stay away from PRs they shouldn't be too dangerous, I think.

Though if we wanted to completely mitigate the risk, we could also have the oracle self-target all the time. This would prevent them from outing a PR and also make them immune to being janitor'd. But we'd lose any chance of them outing scum as well.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Fomar0153
The ideal scenario for the oracle is that they get night killed and absorb the janitor's 1-shot because it'll be obvious they were the oracle even though we're not told.

You're right, they wouldn't even need to self-target for that. I hadn't considered that.
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Fomar0153
You're right, they wouldn't even need to self-target for that. I hadn't considered that.

If they don't target anyone at all, we won't know if it was the oracle who got janitored.
Jeroen_Sol
No, oracle always has a target. If you read the role, it says "the most recent target" will have their role revealed. I'm sure that's also why N0 existed and the target got rng'd if not submitted. It's probably worded like that to force the oracle to not mitigate their risk by not targetting anyone. But it doesn't state the oracle can't self-target, so yay loopholes.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking

Offical Day 1 Votecount

Jeroen - 2: Cap_H, tale
demonlord - 1: AlaskanEmily
Fomar - 1: Jeroen Fomar
LizardmanPrincess - 1: demonlord
Oddrabbit - 1: OldPat
Cap_H - 1: Psy_Wombats
Oldpat -1: Oddrabbit
Not Voting: LizardmanPrincess, Fomar

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to execute. Day 1 ends 10PM Thursday. That's in roughly 50 hours.

Also I didn't put this in the OP but this game uses majority voting rules as usual. If a majority is not reached, no one is executed.
Jeroen_Sol
That being said, I'm not sure whether the oracle should want to self-target. They should try to not out PRs of course, but outing a scum would be fantastic, and we lose that possibility by the oracle self-targeting. Even outing a vanilla could be useful information, especially in the end-game. It narrows the pool of PRs a bit, but having confirmed town in the end-game is great.
#Cancel
Thank you for the clarification Fomar! Psy is right about players having flavor now. So I made a table based on flavor origin.

(????)
- AlaskanEmily
- Oddrabbit
- LizardmanPrincess

(2k/3)
Psy_Wombats - wayward androgyne with a cheap dye job
Cap_H - Space Funeral
Oldpat - Karma Flow

(rmn)
Jeroen_Sol - Plot Twister Herald

(VX Ace)
Fomar0153 - Ruby
demonlord_5000 - Umbral Soul
Tale - Oscar

Maybe odd is onto something.

#lynch Oldpat
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Uh, I highly doubt I'm onto something.
author=Fomar0153
author=psy_wombats
Also, in the other d1 tradition of pointless setup speculation:

anyone thought about if follow-the-cop would work? My feeling is "no" given that there has to be some probability garbage applied to cop results, but I'm tempted to write a simulator to check it. "Break a setup" is on my bucket list and everything has been closed since forever.
Currently the cop is only ~78% accurate, I feel like the answer is not at the moment.

If the cop gets a town result then they can be ~83% sure it's correct.
If the cop gets a scum result then they can be ~67% sure it's correct.

If you received a vanilla town PM then you have a 25% chance of being the miller :(

What are you doing to get this math?
author=Jeroen_Sol
No, oracle always has a target. If you read the role, it says "the most recent target" will have their role revealed. I'm sure that's also why N0 existed and the target got rng'd if not submitted. It's probably worded like that to force the oracle to not mitigate their risk by not targetting anyone. But it doesn't state the oracle can't self-target, so yay loopholes.

Interesting, I wasn't thinking that a target would be chosen at random in that case. Also I already forgot that N0 happened.

author=Lizardman_Princess
author=Fomar0153
...math lacking any proof, which is worse than no math at all...
What are you doing to get this math?

Is that assuming a 50/50 chance of a lynch having already happened when the cop uses their ability?
I assume it's the Bayesian stuff I was too lazy to do -- the chances of failure coming from hitting a the miller or lawyered-scum.

and uh by "have flavor" I meant this:
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Sorry for the delay, was eating cupcakes.

the year is 666 C.E. (Cosmic Era.) Eons ago, mankind left earth, seeking to sow their seeds throughout the stars. What became of them? Only the stars know. That is a story for another time. theirs is a tale of hope...ours is a tale of....video games....

While gallivanting around the galaxy, a small group of interstellar sentient video game or else video game-related concepts (now dominant lifeform in the galaxy) suddenly have severe mechanical problems and crash land on a tiny blue speck.....Earth!!! Luckily, their scanning equipment is still functional, and the atmosphere is breathable. They step outside and are awestruck by the planet's natural beauty. The green fields, the green oceans, the green animals.

They decide to form a scout party and set up a perimeter around the remains of the ship...it doesn't take long for them to realize something...disturbing...

https://youtu.be/36Nt3P3MI4g

According to the everyone's handle VGTS (Video Game Detection Systems), there were three more video game-related thingamabobs in their midsts than their should have been!! What could the reason for the increased number be?... Everyone's VGTS couldn't be malfunctioning at once. Perhaps it was something...more sinister...

Day 1 Begins! It ends on Thursday at 10 PM EST. That's in about 72 hours.

With 10 alive, it takes a majority of 6 votes to execute
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
VGTS is a good acronym for Video Game Detection Systems despite the word not being Tetection and anyone who argues otherwise will be modkilled.
you have no idea the temptation I'm enduring