IS TRUMP EVEN HUMAN?

Pages: first 123 next last
Trump was recently asked on an interview with Fox and Friends the following question by Ainsley Earhardt: Mr. President, this Sunday is Mother's Day. What are your plans? What are you going to do for Melania? And do you have a message for all the moms that are watching this morning?
=============
Trump's Response: Well, we'll be together. I'm going to Camp David, meeting, a big meeting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Camp David is this very special place that nobody ever gets to see, but it's a great work environment, and we're going to have meetings on different things, and our military has never looked better.

It's never been better. We've never had the kind of equipment that we have now. And, you know, we had planes that were 50-years-old and more. Fighter jets. Now we have the best in the world, the F-35 and the F-18 . . .

and, you know, what we have is incredible. The equipment and the people we have are great, but you know, they have to have equipment, and we spend $1.5 trillion. Really more than that, and we've totally rebuilt out military, which you have a to do. You know, I'm a very budget conscious person. It's what you have to do. The nice thing it was all built in the USA and plenty of equipment coming.

A lot of this equipment is coming.

So it's very important that we have the best military and we have the -- our military has never been in condition like it is now and soon will be.
============
Seriously on what planet do you get asked if your going to do something special for your wife on Mother's Day and respond with how great your country's military is?
I mean he's like a bot that only uses that predictive text feature that we have on the phones.
Hate to break it to you, but he's human.

At least until "human-shaped troglodyte" becomes a legally recognized species. :P
author=Shinan
I mean he's like a bot that only uses that predictive text feature that we have on the phones.

I don't even think that feature could predict the sort of insanity that tends to spill forth from Trump's mouth. I still remember that mad ramble he did about the nuclear triad one time.

author=Aegix_Drakan
Hate to break it to you, but he's human.

At least until "human-shaped troglodyte" becomes a legally recognized species. :P

I think ads will become a recognized species before that happens. Though, I was thinking more along the lines of Trump being an alien life form that was simply born somewhere in the Ford Galaxy.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I feel very happy to live very far away from him.
I feel sad that Americans need to choose between Trump or Biden,
I don't see any win here.
I mean, the one that has yet to fuck up all the things is kinda the obvious choice, I think. You know, the human one. Biden.

No more oompah loompahs in governmental offices! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head examined.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
You can't call Trump an Oompah Loompah. That's very disrespectful towards Oompah Loompas.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
well fuck me right
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Biden is the most absolutely pathetic doddering old fool the opposition could have chosen and I, for one, will not be so embarrassed as to cast a vote for him just to vote "against" donald trump
Whatever species of alien he is, he's clearly the same as Bolsonaro... and it baffles me how these people still get defenders and voters even in the middle of the literal hell that we are living right now
author=Versalia
Biden is the most absolutely pathetic doddering old fool the opposition could have chosen and I, for one, will not be so embarrassed as to cast a vote for him just to vote "against" donald trump

So... you'd rather vote for trump then? XD
author=Liberty
author=Versalia

This is exactly what got Bolsonaro elected, since his oppositor was Haddad, a Worker's Party candidate, and a highly qualified one at that -- but given that he's from the Worker's Party brazilians were just WE'RE GONNA VOTE BOLSONARO SO WE DON'T VOTE PT or I'm Not Going To Vote In The Only Possible Opposition To Bolsonaro

I myself am sort of guilty of that as I voted on Marina Silva who, while she's a woman I absolutely admire, has obviously never had a chance of being elected and my vote was as good as nil. (she got 1% of the total votes only.)

I'm really rooting for Biden. We really need a switch in the global seats of power.
Versalia
author=Liberty
author=Versalia

I'd rather write in Bernie Sanders than vote for the worst democratic candidate I can literally imagine
Okay cool but that's not going to do anything to help anything at all.

in the case of an either/or, you choose to let turnip keep another 4 years over a change that, sure, probably won't be the best change, but will still be a change.

politics is dumb. you gotta make the best choice you can when you can, and realistic choices at that. unfortunately bernie is out, so it's between the trumpsterfire and bindin.

choosing a no vote just hurts the whole team and puts trumpsterfire back in
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Our state hasn't had primaries yet. However, as a registered Republican, my vote in said primaries would be pretty much wasted on anything other than a re-elect of Trump. This frustrates me greatly, because I think, as a party, Republicans probably could have done better in the previous presidential cycle. To say nothing of this cycle. Which probably isn't saying all that much, but, I also generally stay out of these POLITICS_TALK threads/conversations.

That aside, I'm not necessarily keen on voting for Bident of Thassa this cycle. However, if he's literally the only other viable option on election day? I dunno. I just don't know.
If it's any consolation, you're not going to be voting for Biden. You'll be voting for his running mate who has yet to be announced. It might even be Bernie! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Just kidding. It'll never be Bernie.

Biden is a senile old coot who doesn't know where he is at any given point. He's literally being wheeled out by his handlers, given a few lines, and even then he botches them. It was funny a few months ago when his faux pas were validating people's suspicions, but now it's sad that an old man in his twilight years is being mistreated this way, and pathetic of the Democratic party to be using him so. How did it go from 29 nominees to him?

Anyway, expect to be really voting for Hillary Clinton.
Again.
I've been playing too much Animal Crossing because I thought the title of this thread was "Is Turnip even human?" and we were debating equal rights for vegetables.
author=Dyhalto
Biden is a senile old coot who doesn't know where he is at any given point. He's literally being wheeled out by his handlers, given a few lines, and even then he botches them. It was funny a few months ago when his faux pas were validating people's suspicions, but now it's sad that an old man in his twilight years is being mistreated this way,

I mean. These sentences here could also be talking about Trump :D

Though I guess it's easier to run a country with a slightly docile senile guy than a senile guy who is prone to tweeting random conspiracies for days. So Biden is the right senile guy for the "tjänstemannavälde" to set a country back on track.

(I googled and apparently there's no quickly findable and easy-to-understand word to translate "tjänstemannavälde" into English)
Versalia
author=Liberty
choosing a no vote just hurts the whole team and puts trumpsterfire back in

i'm not going to fall into lockstep "against trump" because biden would be absolutely no better. it will cost us a LOT with people on the right too because they would be absolutely right to accuse us of electing a left wing clone of trump. there is no moral high ground here, liberty. biden is very probably guilty of the same sexual harassment that was commonplace for men of his generation to perpetrate. so, sure, tell yourself you're winning the battle against trump while you vote for a rapist
I'm so dumb I should shut up. Yeah. I am rooting for Bernie. I mixed their names because they both start with B LMAO I'm really not very acquainted with american politics other than the little that gets to the TV. But yeah, I've seen some stuff from Biden and, uh.... Well, woop. If I were to vote as a US resident I don't know how I'd cast my vote. Also, I'm bolding this because I'm embarassed. Anyway.

I guess it depends on the statistics? If trump's following is still large enough to make him one of the top 2 candidates it really is a pick the lesser poison scenario, isn't it?

All I'm basically saying is, based on what I saw play out in 2018 in Brazil, and Brazil really just seems to be following a worldwide trend, one "joke" candidate will lead the polls while the lucid people argue about whom to vote for, end up dispersing their votes in a myriad of (potentially really good) candidates, and what we end up with is a second seat of Trump/Bolsonaro/Etc.

So yeah. I guess it depends on numbers and estimations. If people do a pre-voting screening and they realize Trump's lost favor, then maybe Bernie has a chance? If trump really is leading then Biden's the only hope? I don't know how small Bernie is, how big Biden is, etc. etc. etc.

I'm really rooting for Bernie though. But that may be an impossibility and voting for him may be just as effective as my vote for Marina Silva.
Pages: first 123 next last