[MAFIA] STAR TREK (LIMITED REVEAL) MAFIA - DAY 1

Fibonacci Coroner signing in. On days that are Fibonacci numbers I'm able to investigate the flip. (on all other days I'm the deathmiller)
Good job you're not the perfect coroner, you'd probably never get to use your power!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm disappointingly not the Odd Coroner, and thankfully not the Even Coroner, so... sorry to dash everyone's pun-hopes.
author=evenRABBIT
I'm disappointingly not the Odd Coroner, Jeroen caved to everyones' pun-hopes.

Fixed.
As promised, I'm counter claiming caves doctor claim. He hasn't claimed you say? I'm starting a new meta.

Psy broke his promise and didn't claim turbo death miller. I'm disappointed.

#lynch psy
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=demonlord5000
As promised, I'm counter claiming caves doctor claim. He hasn't claimed you say? I'm starting a new meta.

Jokes on you, I'm counter-claiming your counter-claim of CAVE's non-existent counterclaim. Yeah. Counter-claims.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i'm claiming the role of
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
It begins.

Almost sleeping time where I am and then work. Will join here fully in about... Uff 18 hours from now. In the meantime, bring some action. <3
Hello everyone.

I don't believe Cave's claim for one second, and I don't understand why no one else is calling him out. It would clearly be a big gambit for scum, but it makes even less sense for town.

#lynch CAVE

Also both Demon and Odd are lying, I'm counter-claiming the doctor.
I'm getting deja vu, might the three posters before me be organised scum!
author=Fomar0153
I'm getting deja vu, might the three posters before me be organised scum!

That's ridiculous and unfounded. And you should also note that I'm not on fire right now.
I suspect cave may be a romulan or some other alien entity since the universal translator could not translate his reveal.
author=AlaskanEmily
That's ridiculous and unfounded. And you should also note that I'm not on fire right now.

I mean you could make a song out of that experience.

Burning Lavos
I didn't start the fire
Could have been the masons but they didn't start the fire
I flipped, claim role swap
Rude Cave dog is back set me on fire, blame Chrono

That was poor, I'll go back to expressing mafia via maths and not song.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
let's troll jeroen by massclaiming
Claiming bodyguard, make sure not to kill me or you'll regret it yo
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
let's troll jeroen by massclaiming

I actually did think about it but I assume the cop gets strongman'd and the doc follows. Coroner not exactly useful enough to warrant that.
One thing I've been considering is nolynch. Anti-stalling is in effect so we can't do it indefinitely though.

This current cop role sounds extremely strong because he clears two people at once. It is possible to hit two scum too, but the odds of that in an 11 player game is extremely unlikely. Much more likely is hitting either two town, or 1 town and 1 scum.

So I'm thinking cop targets two people tonight and likely hits two town, scum kills someone and were still at 10 players. At that point we can probably start scum hunting, and even if we miss that's an extra player hiding the cop that we didn't kill on day 1, and cop could probably give us his results day 3. If we wait till day 3 on the cop reveal, we'd have confirmed 4 people with the same alignment. Night 1 scum would have 9 players to choose from, and assuming we scum hunt and miss on day 2, that's 7 players scum would have to choose from. I feel like our cop surviving that long has fairly good odds.

The risk here is that roles wont be revealed, so we won't know if our cop died without the coroner checking.

You and fomar are much bigger math guys than I am though so I don't know for sure how viable this is. Normally I wouldn't be considering this because we usually get more out of a lynch than a nolynch, but it might be worth it with the cop being more powerful than usual.

Now that I've suggested this, now's a good a time as any to remove my joke lynch.

#cancel
I was about to dismiss that out of hand because we're already at an even number of players but, it could seriously work, and I wasn't lying last game about wanting to bust a setup. I think it's... ~22% of the time the cop dies before day3, if we nokill. But provided that happens, combined with massclaim, would likely solve things. Deathmiller only screws things up if they get killed, not if they get investigated.

This would also massively troll Jeroen.

(I'll write up a sim tomorrow and get some real results)
Sorry Wednesday is my busy day during coronavirus times.

I'll double check the maths later to work out the odds and implications.

Also if the maths checks out then I'd be all for trolling Jeroen, this setup is the work of a troll.