[MAFIA] STAR TREK (LIMITED REVEAL) MAFIA - DAY 1

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Official Day 1 votecount as of 2020-06-03, 13:38 CEST:

psy_wombats: 0 - demonlord5000
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 1 - AlaskanEmily

Not voting: 10 - Fomar0153, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, El_WaKa, OldPat, oddRABBIT, Muffle, psy_wombats, OzzyTheOne, Yomi-Chan, demonlord5000

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 will end 2020-06-05, 23:00 CEST, in about 57.5 hours, or when hammer falls.
Jeroen_Scum's_Title
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.

Also really makes me want to prove him wrong.

Ok so we have 9 town and 2 scum. Assuming town always withhold the kill to maximise the parity cop's chances. The other potential advantage is that scum risk revealing the miller for us.

Ok so here are the odds (night 2 & 3 represent the possibility of them dying on or before that night)
Night123
Parity Cop11%22%33%
Death Miller11%22%33%
Both0%3%8%

Not sure I'm prepared to commit to 3 no lynches, though if we get the death miller feedback and potentially if our coroner is alive they can help us re-evaluate the odds on day 3.

The other thing this doesn't account for is learned information. A quick aside there is nothing in the rules that say the parity cop can't self target (and self targetting is one of my favourite party tricks), that would allow the cop to gain the alignment of one other person but sacrifices a piece of information. I don't think this will be useful early on but potentially it could be useful the further in the game we get (saying it in case I get night killed and no one else says/realises it).

Ok back to learned information:
The parity cop gets different (one scum, one town) or same (2 scum or 2 town).
If they get different at any point I'd strongly consider outing themself as we know one of the two is scum. Though if they get that lucky night 1 then maybe hold off one more day and either get a second pair or parity one of the previous two and a third person as it'll create a chain of information. Obviously we can re-assess this every day after seeing the night kill (and maybe coroner infomation).
If they get same results, those are still useful, more so if one gets night killed (which gets increasingly likely as the game goes on). The more pairs we have the more we can work with and the more restricted night kills become for scum.

I'm happy for no lynch today and probably tomorrow. Though we all have to agree to still talk and scum hunt during this time, otherwise scum get a free pass, night kills, possibly the parity cop, etc

Cave, Psy did I miss anything?
author=Fomar0153
A quick aside there is nothing in the rules that say the parity cop can't self target (and self targetting is one of my favourite party tricks), that would allow the cop to gain the alignment of one other person but sacrifices a piece of information. I don't think this will be useful early on but potentially it could be useful the further in the game we get (saying it in case I get night killed and no one else says/realises it).

I decided to double check this with Jeroen. :( sadly they can't self target. So disregard.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
there's no real scumhunting that can be done without flipping at least one person, the more the better. if we're going to that no kill plan, it's actually best to do it as quickly as possible with no talking at all so scum doesn't get a bead on power roles.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm here! I wanted to post yesterday but I forgot orz. Will read up on the thread and see what I can contribute.
Ok I see your point, last game the fact that only Jeroen didn't instantly cancel upon the doctor claim was the reason they guessed he was the doctor.

#nolynch
I agree with the no lynch plan. The cop and coroner are such a strong asset and I don't want to run the risk of accidentally killing them on the first day (plus the chance of dying on the first night). Let's play it safe for now, as soon as we get more information we can start pointing fingers.

#nolynch
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Let's avoid giving the scum a chance to do a weird play like doubleclaiming doctor... Lol
Ok, let's go with the no lynch plan but what about the no talking thing? Like we let this day pass just like that?

#nolynch
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Personally, I'm against the no lynch plan? But it could be I just don't get it.
Jeroen_Sol
Official Day 1 votecount as of 2020-06-04, 00:06 CEST:

Nolynch: 3 - Fomar0153, El_WaKa, OldPat

Not voting: 7 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, oddRABBIT, Muffle, psy_wombats, OzzyTheOne, Yomi-Chan, demonlord5000

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 will end 2020-06-05, 23:00 CEST, in about 47 hours, or when hammer falls.
Oh the one time I state a no lynch might be smart I get called scum but the moment someone else does it's a good plan. Humph, I'm not salty at all for wanting to keep townies safe and being reprimanded for it. Anyways considering the roles for this game as everyone else has said, I suppose this isn't the worst strategy or plan to come up with, and hitting hammer on no lynch would make things go faster. This is the most boring day of Mafia so far. #nolynch
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sorry for being so late, I got busy earlier today. Cave makes a good argument that the less we talk the less there is for scum to work with when it comes to their nightkill, so I'm gonna go with the no kill option on day 1.

#nolynch
I leave for work, and I come back to a nolynch party? Has everyone forgotten how to play this game? Cave is saying to talk as little as possible, we're all going nolynch? What is this!? If there is any flaw in this theory, then all this clearl benefits scum.

I actually legitimately think Fomar is most likely to be scum for starting this, But I suppose I should read how everyone apparently got convinced.
I think I smell something burning.

That said, looks like this plan has a high chance of success and I'm feeling fairly confident in it. I think we have gotten all the opinions were gonna get, and I do agree with cave on giving scum very little to work with on the nk.

#nolynch
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
That's hammer.
Jeroen_Sol
Captain's log, supplemental.

It's been 9 hours since we got back into contact with commander McConnell and the away team. Our scans still read 11 lifeforms on the landing site, so it appears the away team has not yet been able to find the impostors in their midst. I have consulted my officers about possibilities to beam the away team back on board one by one into a secure room, to scan them and find the impostors that way. However, the doctor has warned me that they may already have been infected by Kavad-91, and that the virus is so infectious that he cannot guarantee the safety of everyone on this ship, even if we were to beam the away team directly to sick bay and contain it with a forcefield. Though I want to save the away team, my responsibilities to the hundreds of passengers on this ship come first. We cannot save anyone on the planet until the away team has rooted the impostors and found the cure to Kavad-91.
With night now beginning to fall on the landing site, I'm starting to grow worried. Commander McConnell has informed me that they are making camp, but I have a sinking feeling that something terrible is about to happen.

Nobody died Day 1. It is now Night 1. Please send in your night actions within 24 hours.

Final Day 1 votecount:

Nolynch: 6 - Fomar0153, El_WaKa, OldPat, Muffle, OzzyTheOne, demonlord5000

Not voting: 4 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, oddRABBIT, psy_wombats, Yomi-Chan
Jeroen_Sol
Captain's log, stardate 46229.2

As usual, it seems I was right to trust my gut. We bemourn the death of lieutenant Emily d'Alaska, killed while she was on guard duty at the landing site. The ensign who was on guard duty with her has been thoroughly questioned, and claims that the attack came not from within the camp, but that a beam of energy struck the lieutenant from outside the camp. The beam of light he described resembles the one that struck our ship yesterday. Our sensors do also indicate an energy spike around the landing site at approximately the time the ensign claims Emily was killed, but I have to suspect the ensign might be one of the impostors too, as much as I don't want to. Either way, our sensors still read three non-humanoid life forms, so it appears Emily was not one of the impostors.
Though we are trained to deal with the loss of life, that still doesn't make it any easier. Emily is the first bridge officer I've lost in two years, and her death is a hard blow to the morale of everyone left on the ship. I can only hope the away team succeeds in finding her killers.

-------------------

AlaskanEmily died Night 1! She was Town!

-------------------

Day 2 starts now! It will end 2020-06-07, 23:00 CEST, in about 53.5 hours, or when hammer falls.

Day 2 votecount as of 2020-06-02, 17:35 CEST:

Not voting: 10 - Fomar0153, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, El_WaKa, demonlord5000, OldPat, oddRABBIT, Muffle, psy_wombats, OzzyTheOne, Yomi-Chan

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
author=oddRABBIT
Personally, I'm against the no lynch plan? But it could be I just don't get it.

How do you not get it? Our doctor could not protect the parity cop because of the strongman. We were maximising the odds of our parity cop getting results.

It's so simple and straight forward and you've played enough mafia that I can only concluse you're scum and trying to take your usual, "I don't know," routine to a new level.

#lynch OddRabbit
I didn't like odd or emilys reaction to my plan either. Do you think it's worth stopping to lynch now that we started the no lynch plan? It's not impossible they had bad reactions and it's probably safer to stick to the plan.

Also just to add, if anyone flips scum when killed by the nk then we automatically know they were the miller. If we kill odd here and he's the miller, that could mess up our calculations.