[MAFIA] STAR TREK (LIMITED REVEAL) MAFIA - DAY 1

Forgot to throw down the lynch.

#lynch muffle
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I am also in favor of lynching Muffle. I did a dumb and decided to not target anyone tonight because I thought it was obvious to me that Muffle must be scum. I just now considered the fact that she will probably say that she targeted me and that I'm scum in order to get herself out of this.

Anyhow, #lynch Muffle

On another note, why do you think Muffle killed Psy out of all people?
I'll go ahead and post a summary of the two so everyone doesn't need to read back.

Muffle - Nailed cave, but this could easily have been a bus strategy in an attempt to escape their horrible situation. In this scenario they were probably hoping fomar was the cop but didn't get lucky. This is the more plausible scenario to me.

Ozzy - If he were scum, the claim traps him in a no win situation while dragging out the game an extra day. This sounds just way more unlikely to me. It's not impossible though since it would be extremely hard for scum to break out of my plan.
Not sure on the psy kill. I can see avoiding the cop given they are hiding as the cop now. It's possibly they didn't go for odd because they thought he might protect himself, and instead decided to go for a random person. I'm assuming they didn't go for me because my powers useless on odd days anyways.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, assuming Muffle is scum, killing you would've been too obvious as you suspected her. Killing me also would've been too obvious, she would only really not target Odd if she isn't the strongman or already used her strongman ability on a different night (which I personally find unlikely) so it's fair to assume that she might be the Odd Coroner then. She probably went with Psy because he's good at deducing the game?
It's possible. I do have an alt theory but it's so bad that I myself don't believe it. Assuming it's muffle, she could of been targeting your list in an attempt to hit the miller in order to make your list look questionable. We'd immediately know who the miller is though if scum killed someone and they flipped scum.
Wow Ozzy you're really digging into this lol. It's Ozzy, I investigated Ozzy and Demonlord since I had investigated demonlord the 2nd night and he was confirmed town, that way if I got a different it'd automatically be 100% confirmed. Oh guess what? I got a different last night. Honestly Ozzy I'm surprised you didn't kill demonlord last night in order to make me look more suspicious, that's what I really thought you were going to do. Anyways, if it's not obvious how Ozzy's trying to push you more into making you think it's me, why is he pushing so many unnecessary questions? "Why do you think Muffle targeted Psy?" "Well assuming Muffle is scum." His writing has "fake town" written all over it to the point it stinks.

#Lynch ozzy

Look, either way if we're gonna win this by mislynching, can I beg of you to please lynch Ozzy and give me the benefit of doubt? I really want to prove Ozzy wrong while being alive because he wants the satisfaction of killing me and tricking you even if he loses the game anyways.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Ok, I give up. No need to drag this out any further.

#cancel

#lynch OzzyTheOne
Well guess that settles that. Counterclaiming in that predicament was such a bad plan that I wanted to trust you. Not that you had any way out anyways. Your only real chance was thwarting my nolynch plan, but you had to way of arguing against it without looking suspicious.

#cancel
#lynch ozzy
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
"Commander McConnell?"

"Yes, lieutenant commander, what is it?"

"I would like to have a word with you. May I speak freely?"

"You know you always may."

"The captain has just made a... startling discovery, sir."

"That's odd. She didn't inform me of this. This is commander McConnell for captain Pfizer, come in!"

"McConnell, I hear you."

"Damon told me you made a discovery. Why wasn't I informed?"

"Because lieutenant commander Damon is now my second in command."

"What?"

"Commander McConnell, I was just going through your personal logs to keep myself updated on your situation on the planet when I noticed a few... irregularities."

"Captain, I have no idea what-"

""One thing is certain, and that is that these Endami are a superior lifeform, able to kill us with such efficiency while evading all detection. I can't help but feel respect, somehow." Your words, Commander."

"Yes, and?"

"I was just wondering, commander. Since the research vessel only collected data on the planet's geography and vegetation, how do you know the shape-shifters call themselves the Endami?"

"Well..."

"And a superior lifeform, commander? You can't help but feel respect? Not words I would expect from a starfleet officer seeing his men dying around him."

"But captain!"

"Then there were Canus's last words. Damon, what were they again?"

"Yes, captain. They were: "But commander, why? I don't understand.""

"An odd thing for an impostor to say, don't you think? He should have known the risks of his mission to infiltrate us. Unless the commander he was talking to was not in fact our Commander McConnell, but his own Endami commander!"

"Ma'am, let me expl-"

"Enough. You have toyed with us long enough, Endami. You are guilty of killing and impersonating Starfleet commander Oswald McConnell the first. If you wish to prevent a war with the united federation of planets, you will lose his guise, direct my away team to your local wildlife, and aid them in extracting a cure for the virus Kavad-91. Am I understood?"

"... You are an alien species invading our planet. You do not get to dictate my-"

"Am I understood?"

"... Yes, human."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain's log, stardate 46229.4

With the help of the Endami commander, we have been able to extract the DNA of one of Mafla II's animals. The doctor has beamed down onto the planet and started development of a cure. Though several of the away team are showing symptoms of Kavad-91, I'm confident he will be able to synthesize a cure in time. The third non-humanoid we observed seems to have been a mere sensor fluke, caused by the planet's atmosphere.
I have informed Starfleet of our status. They are now sending the infected patients with the most severe symptoms our way, so they can be treated here without having to wait for our return. Though the loss of commander McConnell is an especially painful one, he has given his life to save thousands. I have served with him for three years. I know he would not have objected to going out like this, but even so...

OzzyTheOne was lynched Day 4! He was Scum!

OldPat and Yomi-Chan survived! They were Town Vanillas!
El_WaKa survived! They were a Town Death Miller!
demonlord5000 survived! He was a Town Even Coroner!
oddRABBIT survived! He was a Town Doctor!
Muffle survived! She was a Town Parity Cop!

Town wins the game!

Final Day 4 votecount:

Muffle: 0 - demonlord5000, OzzyTheOne
OzzyTheOne: 4 - Muffle, OzzyTheOne, demonlord5000, El_WaKa

Not voting: 3 - OldPat, oddRABBIT, Yomi-Chan

Dead Chat
Scum Chat
Game Doc
Oh wow, I had no idea I was the Death Miller, good game everyone! Maybe too easy but it all could've gone wrong if the scum killed the cop. The cop was very invaluable here.
For once I didn't do anything stupid. Parity cop was way too op and I caught onto that early on. I still think trusting ozzy in that situation was warranted considering counterclaiming locked him into a nowin situation. I wasn't all that worried about it since if I was wrong then he was dead the next day.

I'm surprised I broke the setup given my usual level of play. The only real risk was losing the cop.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Last couple of games I've been less focused on balance than I was in the past. I probably should start to be more focused on it again, given what happened.

This game really needed a third scum, no parity cop, or even both.
I think a 3rd scum + having the death miller show a scum result when investigated would of balanced it. Parity cop is an extremely strong role for sure so it's hard to say for sure. I definitely wouldn't have suggested nolynch then though.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
the real question is

"i think if everyone with a power role says 'power role' now so that the parity cop can target in between the vanillas, and town kills a vanilla today, the game is 100% solved unless scum immediately kill the cop."

besides it not being 100% solved, would this have been a better strat. I think it probably has a higher percentage of success overall but leads to less blowouts, whereas with the one town went with scum can sometimes conceivably kill the cop (I think it's more difficult to do if the PRs claim. scum have a 1/3 chance of targeting the right person, doctor has a 1/2 chance of protecting correctly) and leave town going 'zaauuaurugh'
Jeroen_Sol
I think if one scum said vanilla and the other PR, town wouldn't have much info. They'd know there to be one scum among the PRs and one among the vanillas, but finding the one among the PRs would require fullclaims and thus the cop immediately getting strongmanned. But not fullclaiming would mean the cop not having a smaller pool of targets at all.
It's possible, and then the doctor could choose who to protect between the power roles too which would slightly lower our chances of losing the cop while doing that. I think both strats have fairly good odds.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Jeroen_Sol
I think if one scum said vanilla and the other PR, town wouldn't have much info. They'd know there to be one scum among the PRs and one among the vanillas, but finding the one among the PRs would require fullclaims and thus the cop immediately getting strongmanned. But not fullclaiming would mean the cop not having a smaller pool of targets at all.

Cop does have a smaller pool of targets if nobody claims, though, and I'm not sure that getting the cop killed improves the scumteam's chances at all if their numbers get cut in half as a result.
I think I voted like once this game but it was a town win so w/e. Going to take a mafia break for a decent chunk of time probably, hopefully next game's more involved. Sorry to newbies if this wasn't really representative of what a game should be.