WORK BASED PET PEEVES

Pages: 1
What are those niggling little things that just really get under your skin at work?

One of the things that really gets under my skin is when people ask for black coffee at my work place and then ask for sugar and cream to be put in it.

Another thing that really gets my goat is people that leave empty boxes in the freezer.

And I really can't stand it when people throw trash into the recycling container. Jeez, last week I had to climb into the damn thing in order to pull out 20 bags of trash someone had stuffed in there. And for the curious, the recycling container has cardboard only printed on it in big block letters on the front. So there really isn't a good excuse for anyone to be throwing bags of trash in it.

And finally I really can't stand people that frequently call off. Especially those that make a habit out of calling off sick on the weekend. And, yeah someone's been scratching that itch lately by calling off for 5 of their last six weekend shifts.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Having to do the work, mostly.
Every office space has a meme wall now, and the memes on it are always bad.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Sgt M
Every office space has a meme wall now, and the memes on it are always bad.

Well, yes. They're memes.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Never thought I'd say this but I miss having office space :(
Sooz
We have a Topper at work. If you caught a big fish on your vacation, he has a story about catching a bigger fish.
Just last weekend, my partner talked about a time when he almost hit a moose while driving at night. A pretty standard near-miss story. Topper couldn't leave it at that. He had a near-miss encounter with a moose too, but in his case, he did a sweet Tokyo drift around the moose, and as he looked up through his sun roof, he saw the underside of the moose's jaw. Come the fuck on, guy.

Also, management is short-sighted and totally incompetent, but I think that's every employee's viewpoint, not a peeve.
We used to have a topper at my work place. And the stories he told were so unbelievable you'd be left scratching your head over why he thought anyone would buy it. He would claim he served in special forces, had 14 PhDs, watched just about every bad movie in existence, and was in charge of taking nuclear warheads apart for the U.S. government and was going to be sent over to Russia in order help them dismantle some of their old bombs. He also claimed while working at McDonald's mind you that he owned his own brewery and owned a restaurant that could afford to pay people $10.00 an hour just to make soup. And despite all of his accomplishments and money making opportunities at his disposal he was flipping burgers and assembling sandwiches in a McDonald's because he found all the other stuff he had going on too boring to focus all of his attention on.
I work mostly remotely, even before covid, so it really used to bother me if people Just called me out of the blue without any warning.

I think typically office etiquette where I work was to send a message over email or the messenger before calling.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Sooz
Got good news for you brah

ahh the good ol days
At my old work one of the co-workers smelled really bad and no one had the courage to tell him to start showering. A huge breath of air when he called in sick. I got moved to another location when switching production so... it wasn't my problem anymore personally.
Pages: 1