[MAFIA] UNBALANCED MAFIA - GAME OVER

Muffle's ability doesn't sound particularly scummy, but Ozzy's definitely does. Three scum would be very spicy for a 9 player game, but we were warned that this was unbalanced. I'm going to have to reread D1 under those assumptions.

author=demonlord5000
I asked odd last night and he said alignment isn't revealed on death. Not sure if that was in the rules somewhere and I overlooked it. As of right now, I know there are at least 2 indies in the game. This means if odd was scum, we'd have 3 scum, 2 indies, and a minimum of 4 town.

I suppose it's silly to ask how you know this?
For now I'll just say one of the indies I know about is you emily. I'm not feeling sharing anything more unless I have to.
WOW OK SHOTS FIRED.

That's also not a smart thing to have revealed if you don't want to be NK, either.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I pretty much gathered Emily was an indie from her "I want there to be an indie in this game" post so I can believe this claim.
author=demonlord5000
For now I'll just say one of the indies I know about is you emily. I'm not feeling sharing anything more unless I have to.

Did your mason partner get stolen from you by the cult of Emily?
I have many fire attribute traps prepared for the emily takeover. We are safe...for now.
author=Jeroen_Sol
I pretty much gathered Emily was an indie from her "I want there to be an indie in this game" post so I can believe this claim.

I mean I literally do want there to be indies in almost every mafia game. I forget which game, but I even explicitly posted as much in a recent deadchat, too. I used to play on another forum, and like 90% of their games had indies in them.

Demon, If you are indie, then I want you to keep using alignment cop. Assuming you don't get NK'ed for it (I'm unsure why you even revealed that ability for a read of an indie). The game will end sooner, which is safer for those of us who just need to survive.

I'm also sorry for LattMackey who needs to make sense of all this in his first mafia game :P
How many votes to hammer with 7 players? Indies are third party from what I understand.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hey Emily, seeing we're at 7 players, two of which scum, and you and I are both indies, what say you we just have scum reveal themselves and vote town into oblivion?

Now CAVE has a double-vote ability, but I am a Thief and stole that power last night, so even if CAVE is town we'll have a double-vote on both sides, giving us the edge anyway.
author=Jeroen_Sol
Hey Emily, seeing we're at 7 players, two of which scum, and you and I are both indies, what say you we just have scum reveal themselves and vote town into oblivion?

Now CAVE has a double-vote ability, but I am a Thief and stole that power last night, so even if CAVE is town we'll have a double-vote on both sides, giving us the edge anyway.

I can't really trust anyone outing themselves as anything. Scum and town may try to hide as indies (possibly including Jeroen), and if this setup is unbalanced enough it's possible there are indies who win by dying too and would want to get lynched/NK by claiming scum/town.

Also it sounds like stealing CAVE's ability has also stolen his personality :P
Jeroen, if you are indie, that would mean there are three indies in play. You are not one of the ones that I know about.
If I had an ability to cause a lot of deaths during the night phase, would you want me to?
Jeroen_Sol
Not if it killed me. Otherwise, sure.
I'm actually going to go ahead and share this. The other indie I know about is myself. The only reason I know about emily being indie is because I was also given a mason partner. We aren't given each others names or anything (we can choose too, my partner knows all about me, but he reasonably chose not to share his true name with me). My own role is an indie who can cause a lot of deaths, but only if the person I choose at night dies during the day phase. If I meet the condition, I get to choose one person and one faction. The person I choose dies, as well as one member randomly of the faction I choose. My choices for death would probably be either cave or fomar, and the faction I intend to choose is scum.

If I get lucky, I could end the game tonight and my condition to survive would be met.
If you think you can hit mostly not-indies, then I do. Are you a super-vig?

...are we now the rebel alliance?
Unfortunately, I chose you emily. I didn't want to choose the new player, and I felt like it'd be harder to lead a lynch on someone like jeroen/fomar/cave.
Jeroen_Sol
author=demonlord5000
Jeroen, if you are indie, that would mean there are three indies in play. You are not one of the ones that I know about.

I actually suspect that the number of town and scum are the same. They both need to rout the other faction to win, rather than scum needing to outnumber town. I was also in a chat with Ozzy and Muffle (Lot of good that ended up doing me) and Ozzy claimed to not be scum right before he died. He might have been lying, but that would require knowledge that his alignment would not flip, which scum might have had but I doubt it.

author=AlaskanEmily
author=Jeroen_Sol

I can't really trust anyone outing themselves as anything. Scum and town may try to hide as indies (possibly including Jeroen), and if this setup is unbalanced enough it's possible there are indies who win by dying too and would want to get lynched/NK by claiming scum/town.

Also it sounds like stealing CAVE's ability has also stolen his personality :P

Town could try to hide, but with at least two indies in the game, there is no reason for scum to hide as anything. I'd actually expect town to try to hide as scum, but if we have two opposing parties both claiming to be scum all we need to do is lynch one of them and win with the other.
If my partner decides to share their identity with me, we could probably end the other faction tonight, but at the cost of emily. One of fomar/cave is probably scum, and the other is probably my ally. I don't think the new guy has even been around.
author=demonlord5000
If my partner decides to share their identity with me, we could probably end the other faction tonight, but at the cost of emily. One of fomar/cave is probably scum, and the other is probably my ally. I don't think the new guy has even been around.

Well, unfortunately that won't work. Demon, Demon, it was me. I can prove that at least, I used the name Jerry in mason chat.

And I am not investigative, I am an independent healer who can only target each player once. I targeted myself N1.

There's no reason for me to hide now.