DOWNLOAD FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS

Pages: 1
Would it be possible to have a download / attachment on script submissions?

Would be easier for users to save a file than view a page and copy/paste, especially for MV plugins. Script writers wouldn't need to worry about subtle corruption introduced by the bbcode parser.
Script submissions have the option to add a script file as a download. You have to go into the submission after creating it and an upload option for a file is available.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
There is an option to add a script, but, I think Craze might have noticed that it "eats" some of the code. I'm looking at my Summer Breeze submission, and the "View Code" button leads to a snippet of that code to looks something like...

# Adds a "recipie" property to RPG::BaseItem. RPG::Item, RPG::Weapon and
# RPG::Armor are children of this class, and would also be able to access it.
class RPG::BaseItem
# Make the recipie array.
def recipie
notes = note
if !notes[/<recipie?>(?:|<)*<\/recipie>/i]
@recipie =
else
notes = notes[/<recipie?>(?:|<)*<\/recipie?>/i].scan(/(?:!<recipie?>|(.*)\r)/)
notes.delete_at(0)
a = notes.join("\r\n")
@recipie = eval("") rescue
end
return @recipie
end
# Rest of code

...whereas it's supposed to look more like...

# Adds a "recipe" property to RPG::BaseItem. RPG::Item, RPG::Weapon and
# RPG::Armor are children of this class, and would also be able to access it.
class RPG::BaseItem
  # Make the recipie array.
  def recipie
    notes = note
    if !notes[/<recipie?>(?:[^<]|<[^\/])*<\/recipie>/i]
      @recipie = []
    else
      notes = notes[/<recipie?>(?:[^<]|<[^\/])*<\/recipie?>/i].scan(/(?:!<recipie?>|(.*)\r)/)
      notes.delete_at(0)
      a = notes.join("\r\n")
      @recipie = eval("[#{a}]") rescue []
    end
    return @recipie
  end
# Rest of code

So, similar to RMN's regular text-box, it doesn't read tabs at all, and reads (some?) square-brackets as an "escape character".

*Edit: I don't see any other way to "add a download" to a script outside of putting something into the "Scriptcode" section. Or am I being completely blind?

*Edit2: Out of sheer curiosity, I put the "Scriptcode" under a code-tag, and the formatting looks about where it should.
Yes, the code tag is required to stop array / hash indexes being eaten. I'm sure it used to be optional...

I see the same thing as Marrend when editing a script submission, nowhere to add a download. Although I did go through adding code tags around most of my submissions after somebody on discord couldn't get my script to work due to some indexes being eaten.
Pages: 1