ROME: TOTAL WAR (CAMPAIGN UPDATES 2)

Pages: 1
Well, I recently sat down and got episodes 75 - 87 of my run through Rome: Total War recorded. Yeah, I've got all of the episodes up until the end of August recorded at this point. I just find it really hard to stay away form the game for long. Though, I'll try to knuckle down and work on some other projects tomorrow. As it stands I've managed to weaken a few enemies, gained a new one, and removed one from the game entirely. So, I suppose the episodes were somewhat productive.

Current Enemy Stats
Julii: 13 Territories
Scipii: 7 Territories
Parthia: 6 Territories
Egypt: 5 Territories
Carthage: 2 Territories
SQPR: 1 Territory

Ally Stats
Armenia: 3 Territories

Neutral Powers
Brittish: 5 Territories
Scythia: 4 Territories (Though my map information on them is rather old)
Spain: 3 Territories
Gual: 1 Territory

=====
Thrace & Pontus
=====

Yeah, I've managed to remove Pontus and Thrace. The Thracians suffered a rather humiliating defeat. Apparently their final king was a guy who was promoted out of nowhere in the field. Unfortunately he was placed within the confines of Tylis and was easily chased down by my light cavalry. In one on one battle I would have given it to the new kid, but I sent about half a stack after him. And the damaged units he had left to work with to defend him were hardly a threat to superior numbers. Though I did manage to get a new general out of defeating him. After that I sent the new guy to capture Porrolissum. After all, it was the final holding of Thrace before their inglorious defeat.

Pontus on the other hand put up a much better fight and forced me to slowly grind my way through a hellish battle in the field as well as the siege battle itself. Though, I did trick them into a few run ins with my archers during the siege battle by placing just one of my units inside of the city.

=====
Julii
=====

The Julii on the other hand managed to lose one of their most important holdings through do to overconfidence. I sent an army stack comprised entirely of cavalry after their only army in Northern Italy and managed to take it down rather easily, but do to where the battle took place the only unit within one of their cities also came forth to join the battle. A person with the unpleasant title of "the fat". Unsurprisingly a fat guy on a horse was hardly a threat after the Northern Army quickly shattered underneath the weight of my cavalry charge. And with the garrison gone I only had to move a single unit of mercenaries into the city in order to capture it.

At least they put up a slightly better fight at Arretium, but the AI's lack of willingness to move forces off their wall meant I was able to bypass about 50% of the defenses in order to capture the city by holding the town center for 3:00 minutes.

As it stands I'm pretty free at this point to capture the rest of Northern Italy with a couple of small armies. Though, I suppose I'll need to reinforce for inevitable counter attack. At least I hope the AI mounts a counter attack when they manage to recall their forces from the far north.

=====
Scipii
=====

Apparently I miscounted how many cities the Scipii held in my last post about this topic. I'm guessing I forgot to include the small island territory of Palma in my calculation. On the plus side I did manage to achieve a heroic victory over the Scipii at Capua. Outside of that battle my only other plan for the Scipii at the moment is sending a rather scrappy force to take Palma. After all, they did decide to take most of their forces on the island over to the mainland in a bid to reinforce their armies in Iberia at the moment. So, I figured I should capitalize on their mistake by stripping them of another port with a rather scrappy force of mercenaries and light infantry. After all, I'll easily out number the people on the island. So capturing the city shouldn't be too difficult.

=====
Parthia
=====

Well, I decided to pick a fight with one of their weakened armies in my territory on the grounds that they are enemies with my only ally as well as on friendly terms with two of my current enemies. And while I've noticed their underbelly is rather weak. I'll need to finish off Egypt before I can take advantage of that. Oh well, at least me joining the war might take some of the pressure off of Armenia.

=====
Egypt
=====

While I didn't manage to take any new territories off of Egypt at this point. I am moving armies towards two of their cities at this point. Though, I'm probably just going to put Siwa under siege for several turns while I'll more actively try to take Damascus. After all, I'd like to capture that city before I go after the less guarded settlement of Palmyra.

=====
Carthage
=====

I did manage to capture their final port town in Africa at this point. So the only things keeping them in the game at this point is a worthless town in the middle of the desert and a port town in Spain. Though, I'll probably ignore them for the most part at this point. After all, I'd rather move into Spain through the mainland then by sea at this point. Though, I suppose that option remains open if they annoy me enough. After all, the bulk of their forces in Africa at this point are peasants and town militias.

=====
SQPR
=====

While I could beat the game if I got rid of these guys at this point. I want to finish up the civil war before I try to take Rome. After all, it seems fitting to leave the future jewel of my empire for last.
No reason to make a new topic to what is a reply to an existing one.
Pages: 1