[RM2K3] DYNTEXT ERROR

Pages: 1
I am using dyntext to call a variable which is updated every 0.2 seconds (to avoid lag). It's a very simple usage, but I have run into a bug where a number is shown in the top-left corner (the default position of the text, I believe). I can't seem to manipulate this number in any way, and it isn't drawn from a variable, so I don't know why it exists.

I am using 2 events: one to call the text, and another to update the text to reflect changes to the variable (V261). What am I doing wrong?

You can see the correct number being shown in the box and the mysterious 43 being shown in the top left.
Change_text don't use coordinates and your write_text is totally wrong for what I see
This should work:
@Write_text "APShow",38,125, "\v(261)",,0<-(color of the text)

@change_text "APShow","\v(261)",0<-(color of the text)

change the round brackets with square brackets, in "\v(261)"
I don't know why but the forum deletes what is inside if I write them
Thanks for the help, but there was no change. V261 and "\v(261)" (with the square brackets) output the same text (the contents of variable 261) and they place it correctly (at the coordinates I listed). I removed the "fixed" append and it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. The mysterious number is still shown in the same place.

The mystery number is the same each time I test this save file, but it's a different number in other save files.
do you use the text plugin elsewhere?
There may be some value saved in memory.
I haven't used it elsewhere (that I can recall), but I realized that if I had, I could remove all previous text with @remove_all. That's what I did, and it works. I MUST have loaded into memory somewhere, although I have no idea where it was.

Thanks for the help!
I do have my doubts that this could be the issue, but if you save the game while a text is being displayed, iirc this will be stored alongside the savefile and automatically displayed when you load the file again (even if there is no event script to generate that piece of text anymore).

That's the only thing from the top of my head which I could imagine being the reason, apart from the text being generated by some other event script long forgotten.
Pages: 1