RPG MAKER GAMES I MUST PLAY BEFORE DYING

Pages: first 12 next last
Heya all, just a newbie here.

May I ask for best ever RPG Maker games recommendations that are available on this site?

Here's a bit of my gaming history. I've played many RPGM games before, mainly Japanese-made adult RPGs. I enjoyed Pocket Mirror, though kinda bored with so many horror-themed games made with RPG Maker.

Also, is there a way to sort games with adult content here? Not sure if games with adult content even allowed here lol.

Nice to meet you all. I don't bite btw.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Hero's Realm, A Blurred Line, Exile's Journey, Alter AILA Genesis, Star Stealing Prince
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

To my knowledge there is nothing "you can download" from this site that would contain "adult content." (Assuming my idea of adult content is your idea of adult content, the content in question in against the site rules. itch.io would be a much better site to search for that sort of thing.)

Since this thread invites self promotion =

https://rpgmaker.net/games/8114/
Try a good old classic: Zephyrus and the Kingdom of Heaven.

https://rpgmaker.net/articles/743/
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
May I ask for best ever RPG Maker games recommendations that are available on this site?

Almost anything made by unity. If I were to push my own stuff, I will point towards my old standbys, plus the tribute-game.

*Edit:

Also, is there a way to sort games with adult content here? Not sure if games with adult content even allowed here lol.

There is no sort-filter for 18+ content. However, Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer exists. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, or if there are other examples of "adult content" on this site. However, as a featured game, it's among the more notable games on the site.

*Edit2: Speaking of, this should be the list of games that have been featured on this site.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Speaking of almost anything made by unity, Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening must be played by all who love games. She should totally charge money for this.

Outside of that:

Notes on the Etgoesian Crisis
Epic Elf 1 and 2 (these are kind of adultish. You fight topless fairies at least. They're actually kind of scary. I do actually love these games, though.)
Final Fantasy: Blackmoon Prophecy
Vindictive Drive (commercial, but not very expensive and worth it.)
Hero's Realm, definitely
Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer was not my cup of tea, but this game won awards, if I remember right. At least worth a look.
Karma Flow 1 and 2. I didn't give the first one a great review, but I still loved it. Absolutely worth it, despite the things that bring it down.
Deep 8 is in a demo state, the main characters are largely unlikeable in a not fun way (one is very likeable, but she doesn't show up until a bit into the game), but the game somehow manages to still be fantastic.
White Magic will be a demo forever more, but absolutely worth a play through. It's wonderful!
Flesh (very classic NES/Apple IIc retro. Really good game. Careful, though. He used a method of creating the HUD that brutally murders your framerate.)
Wartools (by Red-Cube)
Nightmare Johnny (you know what, pretty much anything by Red-Cube...except Grimorum. I love Grimorum, but it's ultraviolent and gets kind of gross about it. Like Paul Verheoven directing Robocop or Starship Troopers gross.)
Fleshchild is another stuck in the permanent demo state, but it's a great, creepy, Lovecraftian story.
Re & Apophis, especially if you're an ancient Egyptian history nerd.
Amort
Sideways (again, or anything by Superstroke)
Free Spirits (pretty much the only PentagonBuddy game I've played)
Gotham Knight Demo (yes, it's a Batman game. No, I didn't expect to like it. This dev knows Batman, and they really made a very faithful Batman game.)
Othello (I don't know which of Kory_toombs' games they linked to, but if it's this one, I wholeheartedly agree. Encounters are a bit on the obnoxious side.)
C. O. A. T. S.
Account Mu
Chase for Divinity (If you only play one unity game, play Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening. If you play a second one, play this one)
Remnants of Isolation (The title of my review is literally, "Everyone Should Play It")
Vindication
Vindication and Iniquity

Yeah, I think I've just listed most of my favorite RM games. Are these games you must play before you die? I may have gone a bit overboard, but I certainly think everyone should play them.
In regards to 'adult games', if you mean games that have a more serious and dark story with possible sexual/racial/political/etc overtones and themes, then yes, they're allowed and exist.

If you mean hentai and sex games, no. Not allowed.

We do allow games that have more adult content in them on the site as long as it's treated in a respectful manner. So a story about a rape victim rising above their trauma and learning to trust again, as long as it doesn't have detailed scenes about the rape itself, and is treated with respect is perfectly fine. A story about a guy forming a band of sexy waifus to destroy the dark lord might be allowed if there were no sexual scenes (shown in detail or with CG, etc) and it wasn't treated as just "bang the bitch to get stronk". A game about a hawk guy raping every woman he meets and killing all the gays is a very hard no.
I'd strongly recommend A Blurred Line. It's a Cyberpunk/Fantasy thriller made in RPGmaker 2000, and features a lot of unique skill progression systems, some really good mini-games, and an extremely well crafted storyline. It's not finished and honestly probably never will be, but what's there is definitely worth checking out.

There's also The Way, a fantasy epic split into six episodes. It's about a man looking for his lost love, but there's also ninjas, magic swords, serial killers and one of the more interesting fantasy settings I've come across. Unlike A Blurred Line, the story takes a lot longer to get started, but once it does, it does.

Woah, thanks for all the recommendations guys. Sorry for my late reply, I thought I will get a notification of some sort when someone else reply to my thread, that doesn't seem the case here.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I thought I will get a notification of some sort when someone else reply to my thread, that doesn't seem the case here.

Hrm. Are you subscribed to the thread? Setting the "Receive notices for replies?" check-box when you made it should have automatically made you subscribe to the thread, but, if you hover over "Notices" and click on "Subscriptions" then "Topics", and this thread isn't among them...
OK NVM: "Out the Window" is on my huehuehuehue have to go for.

I can recommend IB, tho it also is one of the mild 'horror' (more like Mystery puzzlers).
To Crime Nirvana was also excellent.

Grimm's Hollow was hella cute too, but eh.. hm

I don't really subscribe to "things you HAAAAVEEEE TO play/do" so, I wouldn't know which ones to pick for that!

Have fun and good luck : )
I second The Way.

Great set of games! I tend to replay them every once in awhile.

Also, Dhux's Scar is one of my favs.
The Way
Angels of Exodus

that is all
author=Marrend
I thought I will get a notification of some sort when someone else reply to my thread, that doesn't seem the case here.
Hrm. Are you subscribed to the thread? Setting the "Receive notices for replies?" check-box when you made it should have automatically made you subscribe to the thread, but, if you hover over "Notices" and click on "Subscriptions" then "Topics", and this thread isn't among them...

Checking around my profile setting it seems that both "Automatically subscribe to topics I post in." and "Automatically subscribe to topics I create." options were unchecked by default. Thanks for the tip, already ticked both options so should be good now.

And thanks again for all the recommendations guy.
If you're ok with dark, gritty themes and stuff, you really ought'a play Slimes.

I have never given out a perfect score before. I've always found something to nitpick (typically combat not being as strategic as I would like).

Slimes is the first game on this site that I felt I HAD to give perfect score to.

Combat is tight and smart, the art and music is amazing, and the story, my god the story...It's hard to get through, but I am so glad I did.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
All of them.

Play every RPG Maker game that has ever been made.

Now you will never die.
Three Ghostly Roses and Wine and Roses deserve play.

A blurred line is a classic.

I also really like Subterranean Starfield.
Befuddle Quest, all 6 of them. They are community 'games', more like gamepacks, from 2009 to 2012. A good bit of history in them. I participated in 3 of them.
Wither https://rpgmaker.net/games/3434/ definitely should be on your list somewhere. Short but very intriguing.
You could check out my game...

https://rpgmaker.net/games/3841/

Other than that, I will always recommend A Blurred Line and The Way.
Pages: first 12 next last