OK, SO I JUST LEARNED ALL ABOUT CHRIS CHAN..... I KNOW, I'M SUPER LATE TO THE PARTY.

Pages: 1
Real quick, I won't explain to much details here. I'm going on the assumption that anyone reading this is aware of Chris Chan, but for reference here's the YouTube channel I learned all this from. FYI this post will be LONG!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_3pplzbKMZsP5zBH_6SVJQ

Oh gosh, where to begin? So I just watched and listened to a series of long very well done YouTube videos documenting the history of Chris Chan.... oh man it's a lot to un-pack. I'll start with the good.

As an avid Pokemon fan myself, I loved his created cards and passion for his hobbies, his comics also weren't that bad all things considered. He's creative I'll give him that, Sonichu was actually neat. I remembered doing stuff like that all the time as a kid. He also had an energy and enthusiasm about him that I admired.

So, I know someone who is very autistic so all of that was really hard to watch and learn about, very disturbing. I understand that Chris wasn't perfect, he's done some things... lot's of things, but man. All these people that trolled him, made fake relationships, hacked his various accounts, took down his site, fucking called hookers to his house and all the many other horrible things.

Yes I know the "Gal Pals" from his early years did try to be friends with him and sure, he did push them away, but those girls at least understood he had issues and really did TRY to be there for him and help him.

Of the bad "People" i learned about. Julie, Sarah, Clyde and the other trolls, they did some fucked up shit. The Shigeru Miyamoto indecent and the "Emily" mall meeting made me angry, but nothing.... and I mean NOTHING compared to how I felt when I learned about what Max "BlueSpike" did.

Before I elaborate, yes I know what some may say "He should have known after the the countless trolls have already fooled him in the past." Yea, maybe is he didn't fucking have autism and who knows what else. Also yes, his parent's for sure did not do everything they could to try and help Chris.

Anyway, onto BlueSpike. That part made me sick, litterly sick. The person.... how can you be so vile to anyone let alone someone with a mental illness?! Making him say hes gay to get his PSN back, making him say I love you to a girl that didn't exist and the sonichu charm.... making him.... insert it. He tells Chris to kill himself, to which the other trolls even said to back off that. Then laughing all the while. I hope BlueSpike burns in hell. I wish I had a way to tell BlueSpike how much of a sack of shit he is. There were still a few parts left to watch, but I couldn't... I was getting way to upset. How can anyone take genuine please in doing shit like that?

The only question I have is, did anyone that did that shit to him get in any kind of trouble, I couldn't find anything on that.

Yeah, it's the internet I know. I'm not new, nor and I naive, but damn. I don't know why I chose here to rant to, but I just did.
QUICK ADD-ON:

Apparently there are 40 total videos on that channel, so I got a lot more to watch, but that changes nothing about what I said. Just thought I should throw that in there.
It's an extraordinarily deep rabbithole if you read deep enough into it, but the whole thing is an ugly relic of the pre-social media internet. The entire CWC saga and the "cringe culture" surrounding it was considered a completely normal thing to happen online at the time, which really illustrates how different the internet was way back then and how lawless it was because no one with any real-world influence was online at the time to keep these kinds of things in check.

When you look back on it now, seeing what happened to Chris is just sad, depressing, and infuriating. And it likely would have never happened today without major pushback now that the internet is much more regulated.
author=Sgt M
It's an extraordinarily deep rabbithole if you read deep enough into it, but the whole thing is an ugly relic of the pre-social media internet. The entire CWC saga and the "cringe culture" surrounding it was considered a completely normal thing to happen online at the time, which really illustrates how different the internet was way back then and how lawless it was because no one with any real-world influence was online at the time to keep these kinds of things in check.

When you look back on it now, seeing what happened to Chris is just sad, depressing, and infuriating. And it likely would have never happened today without major pushback now that the internet is much more regulated.

That's fair. Though I think there's still very much and sadly, many people who would treat Chris and people like him in the same manor as they did back then. Just that with the way the internet is now, there's virtually now way to hide like they used to be able to.

One thing I'm quite surprised at, is that I can't find any info about who any of those people really were. I did some digging, admittedly not A LOT of, but couldn't find anything out. Just wanted to see if anyone ever got in trouble.
I believe she came out as trans a few years ago (2018?) so I'm going to use she pronouns! I don't know a lot but yeah, it's really awful stuff. D:

The level of internet stalking revolving around her is scary detailed and stalkerish. I imagine being autistic irl opens you up the same kind of bullying where your sense of self gets denied constantly, and you get bullied mercilessly for just liking something a lot and not being great with social cues.

It just makes me Sad.
author=kory_toombs
Who?

Really? Lol, I can't tell if your sarcastic or serious!
Pages: 1