[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

What is Mafia?

Mafia (Russian: Ма́фия, also known as Werewolf) is a party game created in the USSR by Dimitry Davidoff in 1986, modelling a battle between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the townspeople). Players are secretly assigned roles: either mafia, who know each other; or townspeople, who know only the number of mafia amongst them. In the game's night phase the mafia covertly "murder" a townsperson. During the day phase, all of the surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumber the townspeople. A typical game starts with seven townspeople and two mafiosi.

The roles:

The Seer
The seer picks a random person at night and they will either get a positive reading or a negative reading, the positive meaning that person is indeed a werewolf.

The Bodyguard
The bodyguard picks a random person they believe might be attacked by the werewolf. If the werewolf attacks that person the person will thus be protected and live. The bodyguard cannot protect the same person twice, and they can protect themselves.

The Masons
The masons are two villagers that know each other are both villagers and can communicate with each other via a secret chat.

Villager
A villager who has no special role other than to be fodder.

The Werewolf
The mafia of the game, every night the werewolves pick a person to eat and unless guarded by the bodyguard that person will die that night.

I need at least 7 players for this to work out. Day time will last 48 hours and night time 24 hours. If we get at least 9 players these roles will be added in:

The Lycan
The lycan is a normal villager that shows up as positive for the seer as a werewolf.

The Sorcerer
The sorcerer seeks out the seer for the werewolves in hopes of getting rid of them. They are on the werewolves side but lose the game if the all werewolves are killed and cannot continue without the wolves. The sorcerer also cannot communicate with the wolves.

I am still sort of new in balancing Mafia games so if any Mafia experts feel this is imbalanced go ahead and shoot me a message. Otherwise signups start now!

Rules:
1. Using a direct quote of your role PM will immediately get you mod killed. Just don't do it.
2. Don't talk about Mafia outside of Mafia once the game begins to prevent any cheating.
3. If the end of the day results in a tie both votes will be nullified and nobody will be lynched.
4. There may be multiple roles of the roles mentioned above, or zero roles of the ones mentioned above. This will make the game harder to solve role-claim wise.
5. No editing posts. This is to prevent any type of cheating.

Signups:
1. AtiyaTheSeeker
2. Dudesoft
3. Trihan
4. AlaskanEmily
5. LockeZ
6. Jeroen_Sol
7. demonlord5000
8. oddRABBIT
9. Fomar0153
10. psy_wombats
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
...oh. Y'know, I feel like taking back my "no u" from the Discord. Sign me up!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Joined! I'll read after claiming first post
DAMN IT
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Sure, count me in.
Ohai! I can't want to bomb some dodongos! I mean, lynch some werewolves!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah I'm in. Let's go dawg
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Hey guys, just so you know I'm not going to be the sorcerer. After all I am carrying swords clearly shown by my avatar. They are also coated in wolfsbane.

Also emily, I know for a fact you do not have the necessary item to pick up a bomb flower yet.
I got 7 players, I will allow two more days for any extra people to sign up if they want. So the game will officially start the morning of the 28th whenever I get up.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yo, I'm here to throw the entire time.

Gonna claim Sorceror day1.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
One thing, the roles you're adding when we get more players are all scum-sided, which means balance will shift from town-sided to scum-sided as more players join. I think you should always include the Lycan. That makes the cop less perfect and hampers the follow-the-cop strategies we've been seeing in the last few games.
author=demonlord5000
Hey guys, just so you know I'm not going to be the sorcerer. After all I am carrying swords clearly shown by my avatar. They are also coated in wolfsbane.

Also emily, I know for a fact you do not have the necessary item to pick up a bomb flower yet.

Clearly Emily played the same random seed as me where the goron bracelet was the first item you found!

Also sign me up. Hi I'm the vanilla town.
author=Jeroen_Sol
One thing, the roles you're adding when we get more players are all scum-sided, which means balance will shift from town-sided to scum-sided as more players join. I think you should always include the Lycan. That makes the cop less perfect and hampers the follow-the-cop strategies we've been seeing in the last few games.

Gotcha! Thanks for the advice :)
author=Muffle
However, no one is allowed to mention the masons nor are they allowed to reveal themselves or that person will die. (It can be subtly hinted like "I can vouch for Cave he is not a werewolf." The role itself cannot be outwardly said, "Who are the masons" or "I'm a mason.")

This isn't a great rule -- if you're worried about confirmed town unbalancing thengs, then don't include the alignment guarantee and make them neighbors instead.
author=psy_wombats
author=Muffle
However, no one is allowed to mention the masons nor are they allowed to reveal themselves or that person will die. (It can be subtly hinted like "I can vouch for Cave he is not a werewolf." The role itself cannot be outwardly said, "Who are the masons" or "I'm a mason.")
This isn't a great rule -- if you're worried about confirmed town unbalancing thengs, then don't include the alignment guarantee and make them neighbors instead.

I didn't make this rule, this is the actual rule on the card. I own the card game and that's basically what it says.
I guess I could remove it, I was just following everything by the I have cards is all.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Thinking on it, Muffle. Aside from our specific roles, any say on what kinds of setting or characters we can do for the RP aspect? Or are they not relevant?
Jeroen_Sol
author=Muffle
I guess I could remove it, I was just following everything by the I have cards is all.

I would remove it, yeah. Restricting town speech and scum hunting isn't the best rule.
But if you don't want to, rather than completely removing it, you could also change it so the masons are not allowed to direct claim their roles, but the rest of town is still allowed to speculate on who the masons are. That might already fix it. (Though it might encourage behaviour on the edge of claiming and rule-bending, so maybe removing it altogether would be better after all)
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Thinking on it, Muffle. Aside from our specific roles, any say on what kinds of setting or characters we can do for the RP aspect? Or are they not relevant?

Will get to this when the game actually starts.

And it's been removed o3o