[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

Odd's more recent posts lowered my opinion a bit. Joke voting on day 1 is such a common thing at this point, and the fact I remembered he was going to claim that anyways it didn't really bother me.

His more recent post where he suggests that the masons should claim looks glaringly bad to me though. The whole seer shouldn't target me also bugs me. If he's town he's making the seer curious and potentially influencing their decision, and if he scum he's trying to avoid being detected. Looks bad both ways to me, and I feel his posts are not helping us.

I could vote for atiya or odd today, but for now I'm going to do this.

#cancel
#lynch odd
author=oddRABBIT
Anyways, time for me to show what I've totally learned from Raging Loop.

The masons should reveal themselves. They can't be contested by the Mafia, and that lowers the number of suspects from 10 to 8. Er, more specifically, if the masons reveal themselves and the mafia are like "nah we're the masons" then all you gotta do is kill one person from one group, if they're town, then the mafiamasons are mafia, if they're mafia, then you just kill the other person in their mason pairing, gg.

I don't think this is a good idea. I can't really imagine two scum outing themselves in that way, and without that it just makes the masons big NK targets.

author=Trihan
But also it's a retaliation vote so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Emily, why would you be so opposed to a day 1 no lynch?

Nolynch on the first day is not good for town (excepting very certain circumstances which usually require complex rulesets). We need information, and we need flips to know what interactions might mean. Nolynch limits the information we have early on, and that's why it's anti-town.

Also on that note to Antiya, retaliation is also not a useful reason to vote, I only voted you because you seem OK with nolynch. It's not about mercy, it's about finding scum.

author=psy_wombats
Also, I believe Odd -- sorceror would want to be seer'd so as to get an innocent read

This whole thing feels kinda neutral to me. He only spoke more about it after someone thought he might be serious, and the whole "don't look at me" is pretty Wine-in-front-of-me to guess.
It would be WIFOM if it wasn't oddrabbit. I've known him to fakeclaim, like, once and only when forced, and to give weird hints at a town role about a million times, to the point where I'm basically pretty sure he just claimed lycan.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Probably a good call, Emily. Still, I've made like three votes this time. I'll let my current vote be, as I've still got to learn how to play this game assuming I make it to Day 2. That said, agreed that being vindictive is a bad strat.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I would like to point out that if the Masons out themselves, and become NK targets, the power for two Town to talk to one another is not game breaking.
Instead, we are eliminating two names from the lynch pile moving forward.
If one is killed at night... That's GOOD. Because A) the wolves reveal the other Mason is Town; and the town doesn't lose anyone more useful to the cause. Like, say the Seer.

So the fact you don't want the town to know who is town is really goddamn suspicious.
Voting blindly without clues is a hideous option compared to knowing at least two can be crossed off for the moment.
Furthermore, if one of the Mason is killed in the night before we know who is Mason during the day; then any future Mason claims are jokes.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=psy_wombats
The issue with the masons revealing themselves is that they get instantly killed by the mafia. The longer we go with scum killing unconfirmed town vs confirmed town, the better things are for us. If they're in danger of getting daykilled, they should reveal to prevent that.

Unless one of them gets night-killed. Then the other one loses their ability to prove their identity. Scum could fake-claim as the second mason and we'd have a hard time telling which person was telling the truth (though a fake claim that you know will be contested is kinda risky for scum, especially in a game that might have a seer).
Dudesoft
Precisely. So, can the Masons please step up?
Dudesoft
Mason secrecy can work if they both are alive. Otherwise it only benefits the wolves.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
It does seem in our best interests to know who the masons are early so that they can confirm each other rather than leaving it as a potential hole to be filled in by scum if one of them dies. As Dudesoft said though, that would be a risky move in a game with a seer.
@LockeZ: Masons can breadcrumb each other realllly easily. Their mason buddy is their #1 town read so it's kind of difficult to counterclaim the remaining mason

Although, considering: 1) we have a seer, for whom investigating a mason is effectively a waste, and 2) we have a bodyguard, who can give the masons some amount of cover... it probably wouldn't hurt anything, just to make the PRs more effective.
There is also something to be said for staying hidden early on, as having two masons being able to confirm themselves later in the game would be very beneficial.

If we do lose a mason early, the other one can just reveal themselves. Scum can contest it if they want, but that also means that gives us a very small selection of people to vote for, and a fairly decent chance of hitting scum.
Psy also makes a good point, but that also narrows down the choices for who the seer might be. I'd say it's deciding what the better risk/reward is.
Actually, we're not guaranteed to have seer/bodyguard. We're not guaranteed to have masons, even.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Oh, shoot, Psy's right.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
That's a good point. We don't know for sure what roles are or aren't present (unless we are those roles, obviously).
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use a claim strat if the roles aren't confirmed to be in the game. I didn't realize that either.
Day 1 Votecount

OddRabbit - 2: psywombats, AtiyaTheSeeker, Fomar0153, demonlord5000
LockeZ - 0: AlaskanEmily
Trihan - 2: LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol
AtiyaTheSeeker - 1: demonlord5000, AlaskanEmily
AlaskanEmily - 2: AtiyaTheSeeker, psy_wombats
No lynch - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker

Not Voting: Dudesoft, Trihan, oddRABBIT
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch.

36 Hours Left unless otherwise stated
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Muffle, are you updating the lynching counts, even with the crossouts? Or do the initial votes still matter?
author=psy_wombats
It would be WIFOM if it wasn't oddrabbit. I've known him to fakeclaim, like, once and only when forced, and to give weird hints at a town role about a million times, to the point where I'm basically pretty sure he just claimed lycan.

I assumed the lycan wouldn't know they were the lycan. I had missed his post about claiming Sorceror day 1. It makes me less suspicious of him for that reason but I don't feel great about his other posts since then.

As for the masons, they might not be confirmed town. In the pre-game posts it was suggested to Muffle that if she was worried about balance to not confirm to them that the other was town.

As for whether the masons should reveal themselves now, if they are mod confirmed then I think the pros outweigh the cons slightly. As strong as it is having 2 confirmed town appear in the late game the risk is of course one dies before then and then we can never be 100% sure. If they are not mod confirmed then I think they should stay silent but it's upto them to decide.
they're not very powerful early on b
author=Fomar0153
they're not very powerful early on b

Oops, I reorganised my post and missed that bit, what it was meant to say was basically the bit I said about how strong they can be late game.