[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Muffle
I guess I could remove it, I was just following everything by the I have cards is all.
I would remove it, yeah. Restricting town speech and scum hunting isn't the best rule.
But if you don't want to, rather than completely removing it, you could also change it so the masons are not allowed to direct claim their roles, but the rest of town is still allowed to speculate on who the masons are. That might already fix it. (Though it might encourage behaviour on the edge of claiming and rule-bending, so maybe removing it altogether would be better after all)

this would just lead to a lot of tip-toeing around things, statements like "idk guys i just really really really trust x. it's so weird how much i trust him" and argument over what is actually 'revealing' the role. rule is gone though so it doesn't matter.

The Sorcerer
The sorcerer seeks out the seer for the werewolves in hopes of getting rid of them. They are on the werewolves side but lose the game if the all werewolves are killed and cannot continue without the wolves. The sorcerer also cannot communicate with the wolves.

Do the sorcerer and wolves know who each other are?
No the sorcerer and wolves do not know who each other are is what the rules say about the sorcerer. However games I've played some people let the sorcerer try and find their werewolf friends which I might do. Like, lets say Cave is a sorcerer and Jero is the seer and Fomar and AE are wolves, if the sorcerer tries to read Fomar I'll give them a wolf reading instead of a seer or nothing reading so they know who they're working with.
I know that means its possible the wolves can kill someone that's technically on their team, but that's the entire idea of the sorcerer is trying to find your sorcerer buddy and the sorcerer trying to hint "HEY I FOUND THE SEER" without revealing who they are to all the townies. I've seen some very clever sorcerer plays before.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
yeah i'm just pre-empting the question before it comes up in game
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Here, enjoy this meme inspired by the thread name
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Muffle
Will you be joining Cave?

don't think so, no. i can co-mod or be a votebot if needed.
lol Rachel, the title was actually a parody off the anime title "Is This Zombie?" but that's funny too XD. Also the game will officially start tomorrow at 12pm EST (err, might be a little before or after, whenever I get up) and sign ups will be closed at that time. Anyone who wants to join now needs t do it.
All the villagers gather up to the podium in the afternoon, Muffle takes out a piece of paper and examines it. "We are all aware our village is dying. Wolves have come to prey at night, those that have night died have fled. There are only eleven of us left, we must find the wolves if we want to save our village! We are running out of options... I have come to the agreement we must try and weed out the wolves and lynch them." She points to the guillotine. "I know this is hard to come to grips with and frightening, but it is our only hope. We will start in the morning! As long as we town outnumber these wolves, we will persevere!"

With fists rage and blood pumping everyone is willing to take back their town. Pitchforks ready, guillotine sharpened and distrust within everyone, the night comes and the moon is full. In the morning, Muffle is found dead in her home mauled to death and partly eaten. Probably for her bold claim to lynch the wolves off, their Mayor now gone the village feels defeated. But they decide to go on with the lynching, if anything this is just proof of how badly it was necessary! For Muffle, for all that have perished to these foul beasts!

Day 1 Has Started! All role PMs have been sent out! 48 Hours until Night or Hammer!
AtiyaTheSeeker
Rachel had been relatively absent the last couple of days, but this was common for the aspiring author. Her minimalist loft was at the far end of the village, with only the clacking of her typewriter and occasional self-mutterings heard. She had a habit of keeping her lantern lit even into the witching hour, but as a dedicated auteur the lass, quite literally, had a habit of burning the midnight oils.

When that afternoon came, the lass in scarlet was pale. Her eyes had lingered on that guillotine perhaps too long. Unlike the others, readying their simple weapons to slay an alleged werewolf, Rachel kept herself sealed up in her hovel. It wasn't like she couldn't defend herself, possessing a tipstaff of well-aged cypress and capped with iron. Still, this humble armament was by no means fits to save her from a werewolf. Or, even a paranoid village's lynching.

She is late to arrive to the gloom of the coming day, but has welcome well-aware of the bad news in the close-knit steading. What is normally a docile lamb has become fierce as a lion.

"Our mayor", Rachel growled out of nowhere, staring daggers once again at the execution site. "...she was right, wasn't she? I didn't want to believe it, but now, I have no choice. I don't even know if the fiend left her face intact. We won't even have the privilege of an open casket, before committing her to the ground."

She turns to the nearest passerby and speaks aloud, whoever it may be, her voice boiling over in pain and anger. "So what's next, then? Who do we round up for questioning, and why?"
Changing it to 72 Hours because I didn't take into account of when everyone would be able to read their roles. I probably should've made sure everyone had their role sent out *and* read before starting, but I didn't think about it till I already started it. So 72 Hours, July 30th, 1:00pm (just about) EST.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
The villager known as Trihan rounded the corner from his modest hut into the village square, ears perking up as he heard the sounds of heated words coming from his destination.

"...do we round up for questioning, and why?"

He waved a greeting, taking in Rachel's fearsome countenance. Her usual taciturn nature had all but evaporated as she settled into the role of spearheading the investigation into last night's gruesome events.

"I don't know what happened," he said, rubbing the dregs of sleep out of his eyes. "I was dead to the world, I was. But dark happenings are afoot, of that we can be certain. Hopefully someone will speak up as saw or heard something."
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I just woke up. Is this a RP Mafia?
I just put flavor text cuz I like fun flavor text and the first mafia I was in had flavor text, it's just regular Mafia. You can if you want? XD Sorry if I was confusing.
No. It's not roleplay. I was-- I was just flavor texting. I just now came back to this I was busy with something else. S-Sorry if I came off misleading ;_;
AtiyaTheSeeker
Ack, I assumed it was. My bad.
Trihan
I was just flavour texting as well, took Rachel's lead. XD
I had two mechanics questions answered via PM:

Q: does seer detect sorceror as wolf? A: no
Q: if sorceror is in the endgame, do they count as scum for "scum outnumber town" win condition? A: yes

Nothing else to say about setup except that masons shouldn't let themselves get daykilled etc. And that RPers /should/ let themselves get daykilled.
Trihan
Only a werewolf would be so eager to kill an RPer even if they're a villager. *glares at psy*
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=psy_wombats
And that RPers /should/ let themselves get daykilled.
amen to that

author=Trihan
Only a werewolf would be so eager to kill an RPer even if they're a villager. *glares at psy*
Only a werewolf would be so eager to point suspicion at someone just because they want to do something completely innocent and reasonable like kill RPers.