[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

I mean I didn't remember Odd's joke about claiming sorceror first thing, although it was clear the claim was a joke still.

author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Nah, seriously. I'm hesitant to lynch *anyone* for the first day, as it feels like a copout to remove that player so soon. That said, Muffle *did* say not to hint at their role, so for trying to toe the line? I'd say...

#lynch Oddrabbit

...but that paragraph is followed by a lynch vote...I guess I'm happier with that than pushing for nolynch, but like, what?

author=Dudesoft
Dudesoft, the local poopsmith, overhears all of this.
Can I also suggest maybe we ought to lynch the poopsmith because really I think we might just be better off with less poop being smithed?
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Fair point, between you and Demonlord. And if Dudesoft is also opting for a ceasefire for Day 1 (and I'd totally be game for a RP forum game), then...

#lynch no man (the poor bastard)
Let's like...not? Let's not do a nolynch. Nolynch is for scum.

#cancel
#lynch Atiya
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm not *opting* for nolynch. I'm saying I'm willing to as an option. It's not entirely optimal, but if nothing was revealed by days end, then it makes sense.

Emily, y'all best respect th' poopsmithin' trade. Elsewise, ya'll be up ter yer armpits in viscous oxen ordure.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Pardon me?

#cancel
#lynch AlaskanEmily
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Atiya, you seem to be pretty flip-floppy with your voting. Almost as if...you don't care whether you lynch an innocent person or not.
Trihan
But also it's a retaliation vote so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Emily, why would you be so opposed to a day 1 no lynch?
Day 1 Unofficial Votecount

OddRabbit - 1: psywombats, AtiyaTheSeeker
LockeZ - 0: AlaskanEmily
Trihan - 1: LockeZ
AtiyaTheSeeker - 2: demonlord5000, AlaskanEmily
AlaskanEmily - 1: AtiyaTheSeeker
No lynch - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker

Not Voting: Dudesoft, Trihan, Jeroen_Sol, oddRABBIT, Fomar0153
author=oddRABBIT
Oh yeah, I'm totally the Sorceror.

Honestly I could completely believe this claim. Pretending to "fake claim" scum in his first post when he is scum just feels like something OddRabbit would do.

#lynch OddRabbit

The other person who seems scummy to me is Trihan.

author=Trihan
Atiya, you seem to be pretty flip-floppy with your voting. Almost as if...you don't care whether you lynch an innocent person or not.

I agree with the point to a degree but it's early day 1 when votes are usually much looser but Trihan doesn't follow this up with a vote. In fact Trihan hasn't voted yet despite being really active so far. Also most of their posts are really just fluff (forgivable-ish on day 1) and:

author=Trihan
But also it's a retaliation vote so that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Emily, why would you be so opposed to a day 1 no lynch?

Really strikes me as potentially scum trying to appear active without really engaging, doesn't come down on either side of no-lynch, decides that despite just saying, "Atiya, you seem to be pretty flip-floppy with your voting." That this was a "retaliation vote" almost like they were scared they might stand out too much with their previous post.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Alright, I'm here.

So far, Psy looks good for sharing mod info. LockeZ looks good for stating the things I was thinking while reading through the thread to an almost scary degree.

Trihan does not look good for being the second person to roleplay, saying a whole lot of nothing, and also using 3 emotes in 8 posts. I checked his post history since it stuck out so glaringly, and he does use emotes regularly (about once every 10 posts), but not nearly that often. Seems to me like he's intentionally trying to appear friendly.

#Lynch Trihan
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
To clarify, I think Trihan consciously wants to appear friendly, and that's making him subconsciously amp up his emote game.
It wasn't a joke vote on Odd. I missed that he declared he was claiming sorceror d1 during signup, admittedly, but that's still a pretty bad joke -- sorceror's priority would be flagging to scum that they're sorceror, and what better way to do that then "haha I'm sorceror just kidding guys."

So, basically I don't like this AE stuff and think it's at minimum wrong and at most, scum trying to redirect attention away from who they think is sorceror https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909373#post909373
My response to Odd's "joke" not knowing he had pre-called it was to think "oh great he's going to claim this is a joke, meanwhile, he's signalling to scum" not to ignore it completely.

The demon vote for atiya seems opportunistic https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909367#post909367 as well but I demon's interaction with dudesoft seems okay.

Trihan looks fine, don't understand the suspicion.

#cancel
#lynch AlaskanEmiy

Odd is also reasonable to me today although I think he's less likely to be sorceror. I could kill demonlord or Jeroen as well.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Well, of course I'm being flip-floppy with my vote. This is my first Mafia game I didn't bail from, and my second one total. I'm no vet like the rest of y'all, and Emily is quick to point the barrel if her lynch-gun at me. Still not sure why Demonlord wants me dead so soon.

I'd target Demonlord in retaliation, but I guess Emily isn't looking to extend mercy this first day. Thus I'm not showing her any, at least today.
Day 1 Votecount

OddRabbit - 1: psywombats, AtiyaTheSeeker, Fomar0153
LockeZ - 0: AlaskanEmily
Trihan - 1: LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol
AtiyaTheSeeker - 2: demonlord5000, AlaskanEmily
AlaskanEmily - 1: AtiyaTheSeeker, psy_wombats
No lynch - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker

Not Voting: Dudesoft, Trihan, oddRABBIT
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch.

48 Hours Left unless otherwise stated
AtiyaTheSeeker
Question. What happens in the event of a tie for lynch count?
Trihan
We've got 2 days left, forgive me for not voting immediately. I'm still trying to get a read on people.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yeah, no, I'm not actually the sorceror.

I don't think the seer should look at me at night, though.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Anyways, time for me to show what I've totally learned from Raging Loop.

The masons should reveal themselves. They can't be contested by the Mafia, and that lowers the number of suspects from 10 to 8. Er, more specifically, if the masons reveal themselves and the mafia are like "nah we're the masons" then all you gotta do is kill one person from one group, if they're town, then the mafiamasons are mafia, if they're mafia, then you just kill the other person in their mason pairing, gg.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Er, I think.
The issue with the masons revealing themselves is that they get instantly killed by the mafia. The longer we go with scum killing unconfirmed town vs confirmed town, the better things are for us. If they're in danger of getting daykilled, they should reveal to prevent that.

author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Question. What happens in the event of a tie for lynch count?

No-kill.

Also, I believe Odd -- sorceror would want to be seer'd so as to get an innocent read