[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
author=Fomar0153
I assumed the lycan wouldn't know they were the lycan.

The lycan totally knows they're the lycan.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Alright, I think everyone except Rachel has commented on the whole Mason issue, so now's as good a time as any to do this.

The masons are dudesoft and me. We came to the conclusion we needed to claim day 1 in case one of us got nightkilled a while ago, and also because it makes the cop more effective and forces scum to either not try to kill the cop or not try to kill confirmed town, but I wanted to see what everyone thought of that idea before actually doing it.

So far, Psy's not looking too great to me. His behaviour is reminding me a lot of Cave's miller game a few games ago, trying to call the effectiveness of a correct strat into question with small doubts. I fell for it then, not gonna happen again.

author=psy_wombats
Actually, we're not guaranteed to have seer/bodyguard. We're not guaranteed to have masons, even.

Nothing about the OP suggests the roles are not guaranteed to be in the game. It even specifically states Lycan and Sorcerer will be added in if there are at least 9 players, suggesting that all the other roles (seer, bodyguard, masons, villager, werewolf) are always in the game.

#Cancel
#Lynch Psy

A second, less convincing but more gut-feely reason is him putting me on his pile of people he could kill after I made two posts. I can think of just about 1 instance of town Psy targeting town me in all the games we've played together. Usually when he goes for me either I am scum or he is.

If Psy is scum, one of the people being persuaded by him that mason claiming is a bad idea probably is scum too.
@Jeroen: You were on my list because Trihan looks town to neutral to me and you jumped on him second after LockeZ, who look(ed) much townier than you. Also:
author=Jeroen_Sol
Nothing about the OP suggests the roles are not guaranteed to be in the game. It even specifically states Lycan and Sorcerer will be added in if there are at least 9 players, suggesting that all the other roles (seer, bodyguard, masons, villager, werewolf) are always in the game.

author=Muffle
4. There may be multiple roles of the roles mentioned above, or zero roles of the ones mentioned above. This will make the game harder to solve role-claim wise.

If all of those roles were guaranteed to be in the game, with 10 players, I think it's mathematically solved from the beginning with a massclaim and the bodyguard protecting the seer.

Anyway, my vote's still on AE for ignoring that sorc claim despite not knowing Odd had called beforehand he'd do it (whereas it raised red flags for multiple other people).
On review I think this is a worse reaction from demonlord, actually: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909416#post909416

I'm going with the logic that scum would want to ignore Odd while his sorceror claim looked credible, then kill him after the lycan pseudoclaim and it's clear he's not sorc
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Interesting, Jeroen. Dudesoft, are you backing up the mason claim?

Assuming you're telling the truth, I'm leaning towards either psy or demonlord for the same reasons already stated. Less so psy because the claim that we definitely have all the stated roles has been disproven already.

I may change this later, but for now...

#lynch demonlord5000
Day 1 Votecount

OddRabbit - 2: psywombats, AtiyaTheSeeker, Fomar0153, demonlord5000
LockeZ - 0: AlaskanEmily
Trihan - 1: LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol
AtiyaTheSeeker - 1: demonlord5000, AlaskanEmily
AlaskanEmily - 1: AtiyaTheSeeker, psy_wombats
psy_wombats - 1: Jeroen_Sol
demonlord5000 - 2: psy_wombats, Trihan
No lynch - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker

Not Voting: Dudesoft, oddRABBIT
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch.

24 Hours Left
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Wow okay, I somehow missed that.

Makes Psy's position a bit more understandable but I still think claiming was the right call. But maybe scum is amongst those agreeing with him rather than he himself.

author=psy_wombats
I'm going with the logic that scum would want to ignore Odd while his sorceror claim looked credible, then kill him after the lycan pseudoclaim and it's clear he's not sorc

Why would scum want to kill the Miller and turn the Cop 100% accurate?
Jeroen_Sol
Well, more accurate, not 100% since the Cop can't see the Sorcerer. But still.
The last thing scum would want to do is kill their sorceror buddy, so, daykilling someone claiming miller is pretty safe, especially given how easy is should be to get millers daykilled. Claimed miller is of no use to scum, not like anyone will investigate him now, and besides, seer still isn't 100% accurate given sorc.

And I dunno, that logic thing definitely not a sure thing, but Odd's joking -> participating had a reaction in Demon that was "no problem with a joke" -> "kill Odd", whereas mine was the total opposite of "joke my ass, kill him" -> "he's safe", to the point where I'm betting there's scum-logic motivating it.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Before I fully catch up on all this (just woke up) I can confirm that we are Mason. It was my hope that someone would be dumb enough to take the bait. Alas!
Jeroen_Sol
Demon was one of the people arguing against the mason claim as well, so I guess I can see it. I just think it's more likely scum would argue for the seer to check out the person saying they don't want to be checked. But that quickly becomes WIFOM.

Also I'm like 80% sure Odd is the Miller but I am still a bit wary because he's put himself in a position where he can't be verified by the cop. It's reminding me a bit of the game where he claimed Neutral as scum and town kept him alive until it was too late. I do think it's more likely that he's really the Miller though.
Dudesoft
I'm convinced that demonlord is not lycan. It doesn't feel like a good fit to me. Seeing psy and Trihan on him, and both being on my Suspicious List gives me reason enough to back up my mason brother.
My votes are few. I try to reserve my votes until I mean them.

lynch psy_wombats

If I had to list a pecking order of people to chop off, it would be psy_wombats, then Trihan, then Odd, then LockeZ probably. I'm not too concerned with the other villagers just at the moment.
Dudesoft
#lynch psy
(gotta have that hashtag.)
@Dudesoft: Demonlord isn't lycan, Oddrabbit is. Demonlord's likely scum. And why Oddrabbit, you doubt him?

@Jero: Also, trying to fakeclaim lycan would be a pretty dumb scumplay seeing as how a real one would counterclaim him.

(also if a not-Oddrabbit person is lycan, do counterclaim him)
#cancel

I double checked with Muffle, the lycan knows who they are. I'm still not 100% convinced but no one has counter claimed lycan.

With the lycan knowing who they are, I am beginning to think a mass claim might solve the game.

As for demonlord, his reaction to a sorceror claim was that it was fine - even though even hinting sorceror is grounds for a lynch - and then wants to lynch OddRabbit for his lycan claim. Unless he made a mistake, I don't fully understand why scum would want the lycan dead, it does occur to me that maybe it was because demonlord was the lycan but if he was he should have counterclaimed straight away. If he claims lycan now, I'd believe Odd over him.

I'd prefer to lynch demonlord over Psywombats but given that the two confirmed town are both choosing Psy, I can guarentee their motives so I guess:

#lynch psy_wombats
Demon didn't go after Odd for the lycan claim --
author=demonlord5000
Odd's more recent posts lowered my opinion a bit. Joke voting on day 1 is such a common thing at this point, and the fact I remembered he was going to claim that anyways it didn't really bother me.

His more recent post where he suggests that the masons should claim looks glaringly bad to me though. The whole seer shouldn't target me also bugs me. If he's town he's making the seer curious and potentially influencing their decision, and if he scum he's trying to avoid being detected. Looks bad both ways to me, and I feel his posts are not helping us.

I could vote for atiya or odd today, but for now I'm going to do this.

#cancel
#lynch odd

And it's not that scum wants a lycan dead, they just want a non-sorceror dead. Lycan is irrelevant except that it's not sorceror. I have no idea whether scum realized the lycan claim or not, but ignoring Odd while his sorc joke-claim stood and then going after him when he retracted it is a bad look.
Jeroen_Sol
author=Fomar0153
I'd prefer to lynch demonlord over Psywombats but given that the two confirmed town are both choosing Psy, I can guarentee their motives so I guess:

#lynch psy_wombats

Hm. This reads opportunistic to me.

#Cancel
Can confirm I'm not lycan. Everyone joke claims every game, so yeah I didn't take the sorceror claim seriously. I actually wasn't even thinking about the lycan existing when I made that post. I don't know why you would subtly hint at it though than just outright say it..but then this is odd were talking about.

What glared out to me the most was his telling the masons to reveal themselves because I was thinking about the value of having two townies who can confirm themselves late game, as well as the risk of lowering the amount of players the seer might be.

Odd, if you are the lycan you probably should just outright say it. There really is no reason to contest a lycan claim, and I'd rather who the lycan is be known than unknown.
Also I'm a little concerned on why psy tried to make us think there weren't confirmed roles at the time. It was late when he posted that so I didn't go back and read at the time and just took it at face value and assumed I missed something. As thorough as his posts usually are, it strikes me as a bit odd.

Psy: Where did you get your information that roles weren't confirmed to be in the game?