[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

@demonlord:
author=psy_wombats
author=Muffle
4. There may be multiple roles of the roles mentioned above, or zero roles of the ones mentioned above. This will make the game harder to solve role-claim wise.
If all of those roles were guaranteed to be in the game, with 10 players, I think it's mathematically solved from the beginning with a massclaim and the bodyguard protecting the seer.

FWIW I also think leaving the masons secret for a day or two would've been the better play, but I don't think Odd suggesting they reveal themselves is scummy -- as Odd noted, he just read Raging Loop where town uses that strategy pretty effectively.

@Jero: Fomar's vote struck me as slightly opportunistic as well, but if he's acting in bad faith, scum-Fomar was taking a pretty big chance hitching his vote to the Odd-is-sorceror wagon right away.
I swear I don't remember seeing that, or I've completely overlooked it this whole time. I can't say odd feels any better to me for suggesting that with with the rule in play, but knowing odd I can see the viewpoint of him subtly claiming lycan. I'm going to wait and see what odd has to say before I cancel, but I'm going to rethink things through if he is the lycan.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm not convinced, but, we're a team until one of us dies.
#cancel for now.

I'm curious to hear more from oh-so-quiet LockeZ, Trihan, Odd and Atiya.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Ahhhh, not a whole lot to contribute for now. Still learning the ropes, and looking over the other posts to try and figure out how to play. I'm not sure how soon we should start lynching folks, but I would be fine for a bit of pacifism right now, as I don't know who would be the possibility of a threat so early. Considering there is no point to target Emily right now, though?

#cancel
I see a contradiction in fomars post. He said it makes no sense for scum to want to lynch the lycan (I wasn't even considering odd might be the lycan at the time). He said the only reason I might want to is if I were the lycan (in which case I'd be town with a bad role). He then said he wanted to lynch me.

See the contradiction? I could get behind a fomar vote today now too.

Also side note: I won't be around for eod tomorrow. Weekdays I work from 8 - 4:30 (central time). I posted not long after I got home from work, and it looks like muffles 24 hour post was about 4 hours before that.
Also atiya: Day 1 is always tricky because there isn't really anything to go on. Part of lynching day 1 is to be able to go back and look at who voted for who since the dead have their alignments confirmed.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Sorry, it's my birthday so I've been a bit busy.

Yeah, I'm the lycan.

Uh, not sure what to think of anyone right now.
Dudesoft
Oh, it's your birthday. In that case, happy birthday
#lynch oddrabbit
#cancel
Dudesoft
Odd, your fakeclaims are not useful for town, actually. I'm down for a lynching just for that.
We're trying to weed out the baddies, not fuck around with joke claims. We're past that point.
I'd rather kill scum. Lycan isn't scum.

(also funnily enough lycan/miller/whatever is the one role where the /correct/ play is claiming it immediately haha)

My top lead's still Demon. AE could work just as well. Fomar would have to be sorceror for me to believe he's scum.
I didn't notice that the roles were not mod-confirmed either :X

I also don't know what to think of Odd's claims. I kinda ignored the sorceror claim because I just assume anyone openly claiming a scum-aligned role early D1 is making a joke. I also felt like his "Oh, the lycan knows who they are" could just be to make the claim seem more convincing and he might actually be scum.

I wouldn't be opposed to an Odd lynch, since I am leaning towards him being lycan, sorceror, or scum. It's possible that he is being earnest about investigating him being pointless, but even if he is the lycan, wouldn't it be better for to flip the lycan earlier rather than later?

author=Fomar0153
I double checked with Muffle, the lycan knows who they are. I'm still not 100% convinced but no one has counter claimed lycan.

Hmm...I guess we can trust this, since any of us can ask the same thing and will presumably get the same answer.

author=demonlord5000
I see a contradiction in fomars post. He said it makes no sense for scum to want to lynch the lycan (I wasn't even considering odd might be the lycan at the time). He said the only reason I might want to is if I were the lycan (in which case I'd be town with a bad role). He then said he wanted to lynch me.

I don't agree with this logic at all. Fomar said that it seems unlikely that you are the lycan, since he expected a different response to Odd if you were.

I do find Fomar's vote to be pretty opportunistic though.
I believe it. Odd has a tendency to hint whatever role he has, and the op sounds like it was guaranteed to be added. I don't think it's possible for scum to hide behind a non-existing lycan role because of that.

#cancel

In that case I'm going with fomar for that inconsistency. Emily, he specifically said unless he made a mistake, I don't understand why scum would want lycan dead. This implies that he thinks I'm town, unless his phrasing is just completely foreign to me.

#lynch fomar
Day 1 Votecount

OddRabbit - 0: psywombats, AtiyaTheSeeker, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, Dudesoft
LockeZ - 0: AlaskanEmily
Trihan - 1: LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol
AtiyaTheSeeker - 1: demonlord5000, AlaskanEmily
AlaskanEmily - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker, psy_wombats
psy_wombats - 1: Jeroen_Sol, Dudesoft, Fomar0153
demonlord5000 - 2: psy_wombats, Trihan
Fomar0153 - 1 demonlord5000
No lynch - 0: AtiyaTheSeeker

Not Voting: oddRABBIT
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch.

About 13 Hours Left
OK, I am unsure if I will be able to really properly read again after before EOD, so I'm going with this. I may have misread Fomar's post, I'm not entirely sure, but his timing did feel pretty opportunistic. That's been the biggest red flag to me the entire day.

#lynch Fomar

I feel reasonably good about Demon, it does feel like he is working to get a flip (much more than scum would need to) which is good. I also feel like Psy is in touch and present, and I haven't felt anything bad-faith or scummy from him.

I am still up for an Odd lynch, since I find it highly unlikely he is a PR other than sorceror (or lycan if you consider that a PR), and I find it reasonably likely he is scum or sorceror doing a series of almost-panic plays given how he's been claiming.
author=demonlord5000

Ok let me make what I said clearer.
1) You were fine with a sorceror claim
2) How do you signal that you're the sorceror to the scum team? Maybe a joke vote straight away that you can try and pass off a joke?
3) Odd changes his claim to lycan
4) Now you want to lynch him
5) Lycan is a bad town role but it is a town role
7) town do not want to lynch town (except AlaskanEmily who has said she is still up for it)
8) The bit where I talk about the mistake was - I struggled to see initially why scum would want the lycan dead after all if the seer investigates them then it's a good day for the scum team but I hadn't properly thought through the fact that the lycan knows who they are and by claiming the seer won't be investigating them anyway.
9) No one has counter claimed lycan so OddRabbit is effectively confirmed town right now.

So in summary you ignored a scum claim and then wanted to lynch a town claim.

author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Fomar0153
I'd prefer to lynch demonlord over Psywombats but given that the two confirmed town are both choosing Psy, I can guarentee their motives so I guess:

#lynch psy_wombats
Hm. This reads opportunistic to me.

#Cancel

I didn't have a lot of time when I did that post, I had stuff to add on a demonlord case so I typed that up. Where as psy I would have only parroted arguments already made, like I also said, I can trust you and dudesoft. What I could have made clearer was that I didn't trust trihan's vote on demonlord. I had already said I was finding trihan scummy prior to that post however.

author=Dudesoft
Odd, your fakeclaims are not useful for town, actually. I'm down for a lynching just for that.
We're trying to weed out the baddies, not fuck around with joke claims. We're past that point.

OddRabbit is rarely a useful town member, but no one has counter claimed lycan so he's pretty much confirmed town. So we just have to put up with the "I don't know" posts.

author=psy_wombats
(also funnily enough lycan/miller/whatever is the one role where the /correct/ play is claiming it immediately haha)

I doubt Muffle did it on purpose but yeah give the role you should instantly claim to OddRabbit. So meta.

author=demonlord5000
In that case I'm going with fomar for that inconsistency. Emily, he specifically said unless he made a mistake, I don't understand why scum would want lycan dead. This implies that he thinks I'm town, unless his phrasing is just completely foreign to me.
#lynch fomar

You're mis-represented what I said, I said "Unless he made a mistake" the "he" was you.

author=AlaskanEmily
I am still up for an Odd lynch, since I find it highly unlikely he is a PR other than sorceror (or lycan if you consider that a PR), and I find it reasonably likely he is scum or sorceror doing a series of almost-panic plays given how he's been claiming.

He's claimed lycan now which is a confirmed town role. No one has counter claimed it. You shouldn't be up for an Odd lynch at this point.
#cancel
#lynch demonlord

I'm around for the next couple of hours, though really quite busy. Then I have a 30th birthday socially distanced garden party to attend but I am hoping to be back before end of day, though potentially I could be talking 30 minutes before.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Am about to go into work, but this:

author=Fomar0153
7) town do not want to lynch town (except AlaskanEmily who has said she is still up for it)

looks like a perspective slip. Now scum shouldn't 100% know for sure who's town because of the Sorcerer, but this combined with the opportunistic Psy vote is enough for me to

#Lynch Fomar
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Sorry for the lack of posts everyone; I had a demo presentation at work yesterday where everything kept breaking so I was at it for over 24 hours straight and ended up crashing after the meeting, so I haven't been around much.

#cancel

A lot of new information here: so odd's claiming lycan and Fomar is claiming seer?

That no one is counterclaiming lycan lends credence to odd's claim, but there is one thing to potentially consider: it came pretty late in the day for a role that there's no sense in not claiming immediately. The possibility exists that there isn't a lycan at all, and scum!Odd figured that with nobody else claiming it, it could be a safe place to hide behind.

Claiming seer is both a useful way to get heat off and a giant target over your head for scum, so I hope to god we have a bodyguard. Fomar, there weren't that many votes against you; why did you roleclaim so early in the game when if you're telling the truth you're one of the most useful sources of information town has available?