[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

author=Trihan
Sorry for the lack of posts everyone; I had a demo presentation at work yesterday where everything kept breaking so I was at it for over 24 hours straight and ended up crashing after the meeting, so I haven't been around much.

#cancel

A lot of new information here: so odd's claiming lycan and Fomar is claiming seer?

That no one is counterclaiming lycan lends credence to odd's claim, but there is one thing to potentially consider: it came pretty late in the day for a role that there's no sense in not claiming immediately. The possibility exists that there isn't a lycan at all, and scum!Odd figured that with nobody else claiming it, it could be a safe place to hide behind.

Claiming seer is both a useful way to get heat off and a giant target over your head for scum, so I hope to god we have a bodyguard. Fomar, there weren't that many votes against you; why did you roleclaim so early in the game when if you're telling the truth you're one of the most useful sources of information town has available?

Not sure why you would cancel your vote on demonlord.

As for Odd claiming late in the day, he basically claimed it in his second post.

There were 3 votes on me, and dudesoft has already made it clear he is just going to do whatever Jeroen does so I'd be at 4 as soon as dudesoft is around. There were only 10ish hours left and I am not around for most of them, either I get lynched in that time or I turn up minutes before the deadline and have to claim. Which then leads to either no-lynch or me still getting lynched both outcomes being bad for town over all. Also by allowing 10 hours I am completely open to counter claims so hopefully when no one counter claims you'll be able to trust my claim, and being as I am the genuine Seer I know if I am counter claimed that at least one member of the scum team will die tomorrow.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Everyone else was cancelling votes and I'm no longer sure about demonlord. I think with the number of people who are "confirmed town" on day 1, it probably doesn't matter at this point, but I still don't want to lower our numbers any more than necessary.
Trihan
Also fair point on the votes, I'd only counted 2 against you because I missed Emily's. 3 votes and a presumed one from Dudesoft is sufficient grounds for a claim save, so you're off my radar for now.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm at work and can't do any work until close to EOD but I'm getting a bit of a disingenuous vibe off Trihan's posts again. It combines with that emote point I made earlier. Would like to hear people's opinions.
Trihan
Well obviously I think Trihan is a werewolf and you should kill him immediately.
#cancel

I'll be leaving for work in an hour and then I can't really be here.
Nothing I'm reading gives me a strong feeling of anyone else. At this point it looks like either a psy or trihan vote is best. I don't really have an argument of my own for either of them though. I can kind of see jero's point, but it's such a small thing that I don't know how I feel about it.

Both my odd and fomar picks are now out. That thing altiya did early still bugs me, but they have given so many new player vibes since then that I've kind of backed away from that vote. One other thing I noted is lockez lack of presence, but we don't have a lot of time and don't think a lockez vote would go anywhere.

I'm going to be at work for 8 hours when I leave, so I won't have any way to post. Best chance is my lunch break via my phone, but by time I grab my lunch, eat, and get back, I usually only have 5-6 spare mins of break left, which isn't very much time to catch up on anything and vote. Not to mention typing on mobile is super slow.

I'll go with jeros instinct just because It's unlikely I'm going to be here, and I want to avoid a no lynch situation.

#lynch trihan
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Erm, yeah, I've been humming and hawing over this lynch list for hours, and I can't quite decide. Trihan is on the top, and I can still see myself being both wrong, and eaten over night. Fuck I hate this game, why did I join.
#lynch Trihan
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
There's not many hours left. I don't really like demon trying to dodge responsibility right before he votes, but screw it I'm going with my gut.

#Lynch Trihan

author=Dudesoft
Erm, yeah, I've been humming and hawing over this lynch list for hours, and I can't quite decide. Trihan is on the top, and I can still see myself being both wrong, and eaten over night. Fuck I hate this game, why did I join.
#lynch Trihan

Y'know if you weren't modconfirmed to me I would totally be going after you for this post.
Trihan
The only thing I can say for sure at this point is that voting for Jeroen, Dudesoft, Fomar or odd would be a terrible idea. LockeZ hasn't posted since yesterday which gives me iffy vibes considering he was considering me a target for being quiet, but that by itself isn't much to go on.

#vote nolynch

I think with so many uncontested confirmed town roles, we can afford not to kill anyone for now.
Trihan
Unfortunately I don't have Fomar's luck with saving grace roleclaims; I'm just vanilla town and have no real value to you besides being part of your win condition.
Jeroen_Sol
Nolynching just makes our confirmed town pile go down by 1 overnight while keeping our unconfirmed pile constant. That only helps scum.
Trihan
...that's a good point. I was thinking of it as making sure the town numbers stay higher, but I was thinking of it the wrong way.

#cancel

I still have no idea who to vote for though. It's not looking good for me anyway.
Trihan
Screw it, I'm going with my gut.

#lynch demonlord5000
Well it wouldn't be RMN without a day 1 seer claim.

Anyway, of Demonlord/Trihan I prefer demonlord, although his recent posts have been pretty good, and the reasoning in this Trihan post is pretty bad https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909522#post909522 -- but I have a hard time buying scum-Trihan, he'd have to be a pretty good actor and his thinking looks town-ish even if I think the logic's wonky.

This AE post I could totally buy being scum logic though: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909513#post909513 -- Odd looks really safe to me and votes on the Fomar bandwagon don't look great. I'd suggest last minute vote swap but I'd probably get punched.
Trihan
I agree that my reasoning in that other post was off; I hadn't realised how many votes Fomar had against him at that point.
Also no-kill wouldn't be bad today (would prefer it to Trihan dying). We have an even number of players, a seer in the open, and presumably a bodyguard, soo
Jeroen_Sol
#Punch Psy

We have less than 30 mins left. I'm worried we might not be able to lynch at all at this rate.
Jeroen_Sol
nvm my rmn clock is way off it's two and a half hours.
Trihan
author=psy_wombats
Also no-kill wouldn't be bad today (would prefer it to Trihan dying). We have an even number of players, a seer in the open, and presumably a bodyguard, soo

The problem is there's no real incentive for the wolves to go after someone who's confirmed town so if we do have a bodyguard they're going to have to be lucky to hit the same target. You'd think the seer would be the prime one but the possibility of a bodyguard and the likelihood that they'd protect the seer would make that a risk of a whiffed night for scum and given how many townies are already out there they can't really afford to do that.