[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Dumb RP, because I couldn't help it

With accusations made against her from a bold claim, Rachel worried. Would the village draw a dotted line along her throat, or would the wolves claim her as a fallen lamb first? Despite all this, for a brief moment, she could've sworn she'd seen the ghost of the fallen Fomar. Was this a sign from beyond of her joining the choir invisible? Trick of the mind or not, the writer was sure she'd felt the slain seer's insight...

Onto actual gameplay. Psy, I can see a point to your opinions about Locke. Lurker strat could seem viable. Or it could be a bad sense of time, and other obligations. If he's a sorc or wolf, he's sure being covert about it. As for Demonlord's idea, I could agree that Locke isn't off the hook yet. Still, innocent until proven guilty.

Demonlord and Trihan's statements are why I've still got Emily in my sights. She did get testy about Trihan's nolynch. Whether Trihan is scum or not, she seems out for blood. As for her claims against Odd and I? I can play the newbie card all I want, but it won't save me. Again, I'll let my posts dictate my intents, and let town or scum sort me out.

But accusations against Odd have the benefit of the doubt. It's weird he wanted the masons to out themselves, considering their unique boon only benefits the two of 'em. Sure... but why bodyguard? All that would do, especially with the seer dead, is give the wolves a craving for town's only defense against nightkills. The point of the game is to deduce who's scum in time, with as few casualties as possible to town.

Originally, my lycan claim was to "prove" that roles might not be as easy as they seem. But now I have a new reason to claim my role -- to cast a suspicious eye on Odd's motives.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Thinking on it, do double-down on my suspicions against Odd. We have Fomar's accusations against him. On top of that, guess who inspired Fomar to say he was the seer? Odd? Guess who's dead? Fomar. Odd got the masons to reveal themselves, too. So why would he want the bodyguard to out oneself, too?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Eh, if you want to lynch me, lynch me. All it does it confirm that I'm 100% the Lycan. No idea if there's any other Lycans, but...

Say it is the case that the roles are mixed around, and there are multiple roles or missing ones. At that point, it'd be incredibly stupid and risky, but couldn't Jeroen and Dudesoft claim to be Masons and get away with it? I highly doubt they'd be able to, so I don't actually believe they would, but...

Ah, but back on track. Atiya, why'd you wait until now to claim Lycan? You could've counterclaimed me or whatever, if you wanted.

Essentially all I'm trying to do iw say "I don't care who lives or dies, I just want the highest winning odds for town as soon as possible. Thus, I'm essentially treating roles like bodyguard and sorceror as pointless now, since the seer is dead. If there's a sorceror, then they're just a nuisance who wants to sacrifice themselves for the mafia to win, you could call them a badger. If there's a bodyguard, who are they gonna protect? Seer's dead, they'll probably be wrong on who to protect each night, anyways.

So, yeah. Screw power roles, everyone's either a normal town or mafia. If we get lucky and save someone at night, good on that.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
*Essentially, all I'm trying to do is say
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
A scum team claiming Mason would be a massively risky move because you're opening yourself up to counterclaims from *two* players. Without one of them being dead that just seems like high risk low reward.
AtiyaTheSeeker
I waited because it seemed irrelevant, and it was. If Fomar was still around, the only danger I'd be in from town is if he peeked at my aura.

Bodyguard isn't off the table either -- if the wolves want to silence someone, the only chance to avoid that is with a bodyguard. The chance is great than 0% for that potential, and it seems much higher for the werewolves to kill an outed bodyguard.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Thinking on it, do double-down on my suspicions against Odd. We have Fomar's accusations against him. On top of that, guess who inspired Fomar to say he was the seer? Odd? Guess who's dead? Fomar. Odd got the masons to reveal themselves, too. So why would he want the bodyguard to out oneself, too?

I disagree, at least with the Fomar+Odd part. Fomar outed himself because he was going to get lynched, I doubt it had a lot to do with Odd suggesting. I also don't think that Fomar+Odd interactions are useful in conjunction with Fomar being dead, because scum would want Fomar dead regardless just because he was seer.

author=oddRABBIT
If there's a bodyguard, who are they gonna protect? Seer's dead, they'll probably be wrong on who to protect each night, anyways.

So, yeah. Screw power roles, everyone's either a normal town or mafia. If we get lucky and save someone at night, good on that.

They might as well try to protect one of the masons, who are basically confirmed town. If they do exist. And if they exist, I think they need to explain themselves when all this is over :V
Trihan
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
I waited because it seemed irrelevant, and it was. If Fomar was still around, the only danger I'd be in from town is if he peeked at my aura.

Bodyguard isn't off the table either -- if the wolves want to silence someone, the only chance to avoid that is with a bodyguard. The chance is great than 0% for that potential, and it seems much higher for the werewolves to kill an outed bodyguard.

If we have a bodyguard, I really want to know why they didn't protect Fomar.
Trihan
You have a point about scum wanting Fomar dead, Emily. Did anyone yesterday try to cast doubt on Fomar's claim or direct the mob in his direction? I still need to review yesterday's posts.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I back my Mason, but do have my own opinions. Psy was top of my list Day 1, and continued to be into Day 2. I feel like the bodyguard, if there is one, picked the wrong person to protect; but they also may not have been paying attention. There were so many inactives during Day 1. So, my scumdar pinged all up on psy, with no contestants to compare against. Admittedly, I haven't played in a while, so I don't know individuals' posting styles.

I'm actually not too concerned with Bodyguard protecting Masons. We have outed ourselves to confirm each other. If one of us dies, it 100% confirms the other. And frankly, if the Wolves waste their NK on us, they lose all ability to hunt the others. Which frankly seems unlikely. So we're town. And...? Masons can only talk to each other privately. If they kill one of us, it makes the other stronger. So the NK action to find the bodyguard would be wasted.
I dunno, that's my thoughts on it. I also don't care if I get NK'd. Better me than someone more important like the super secret Seer role.
Oh wait.

Anyway, things are cooling off for now. And I'm uncertain about my determination against Psy. Next in line is Trihan, but I'm not in a place where I can spent time decoding posts just yet.
#cancel
Trihan
author=Dudesoft
I back my Mason, but do have my own opinions. Psy was top of my list Day 1, and continued to be into Day 2. I feel like the bodyguard, if there is one, picked the wrong person to protect; but they also may not have been paying attention. There were so many inactives during Day 1. So, my scumdar pinged all up on psy, with no contestants to compare against. Admittedly, I haven't played in a while, so I don't know individuals' posting styles.

I'm actually not too concerned with Bodyguard protecting Masons. We have outed ourselves to confirm each other. If one of us dies, it 100% confirms the other. And frankly, if the Wolves waste their NK on us, they lose all ability to hunt the others. Which frankly seems unlikely. So we're town. And...? Masons can only talk to each other privately. If they kill one of us, it makes the other stronger. So the NK action to find the bodyguard would be wasted.
I dunno, that's my thoughts on it. I also don't care if I get NK'd. Better me than someone more important like the super secret Seer role.
Oh wait.

Anyway, things are cooling off for now. And I'm uncertain about my determination against Psy. Next in line is Trihan, but I'm not in a place where I can spent time decoding posts just yet.
#cancel

I'm not sure I agree with your logic here. We know that you and Jeroen are confirmed town barring the very unlikely scenario where you're a scumteam taking the risk of roleclaiming under the assumption that masons weren't included; wolves using their NK on you means we lose a confirmed town role and in your place is left alive someone whose role isn't known, which means a mislynch during the following day is more likely. How would one of you dying make the other stronger? In effect you're just town we know about, and if one of you dies you lose the unique ability that makes you anything more than a vanilla townie.

We basically want to keep you, Jeroen, odd and Atiya alive as long as possible, because the more of you we have in later days the fewer places scum has to hide.
Trihan
The only other role we'd want to make sure not to lose is bodyguard, but it's not looking likely that we have one since Fomar died. Unless the bodyguard protected themselves last night thinking the wolves would go for someone else.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I see why unconfirmed is better to have in the long run; but there is no way to confirm really. The way I see it, Masons are the lambs in the Jurassic Park cage. You know there's a tyrannosaurus in the pen. He's gotta eat. Wouldn't it be better to kill whom we *know* is basically a vanilla town, instead of the special town? I have to assume the wolves know who each other are. Besides killing, what was it, Sorcerer? The wolves really don't have to worry about *missing* Town.

Ah whatever. This is such a pointless topic. Our bodyguard didn't guard the Seer on Day 1, so nothing really matters anymore.
Day 2 Official Votecount

psy_wombats - 2: Jeroen_Sol, Dudesoft, demonlord5000, AlaskenEmily
demonlord5000 - 0: psy_wombats
Alaskenemily - 2: psy_wombats, AtiyaTheSeeker
AtiyaTheSeeker - 0: Trihan

Not Voting: Dudesoft, Trihan, LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol, oddRABBIT

With 9 alive it takes 5 to hammer.

Time remaining until deadline: ~10 hours 20 minutes
@Atiya: I don't think LockeZ is likely scum, I'm just saying I don't have him as a townread.

author=Dudesoft
Ah whatever. This is such a pointless topic. Our bodyguard didn't guard the Seer on Day 1, so nothing really matters anymore.

Seer's a luxury, we can still play the game well and win. We should play the same regardless of if we have a bodyguard or not, as well.

@OddRabbit: Who do you think is scum?

I don't believe Jeroen and Dudesoft staked the game on the real masons not presenting themselves immediately. If they did, they've already won, nice play, let's just move on with the game assuming that didn't happen.

After reconsidering I think Oddrabbit is likely sorceror (and almost certainly sorceror if we have a bodyguard). If he thinks sorceror is a "nuisance role" then playing fast with a lycan claim, trying to get bodyguard out in the open, never putting forth any suspects ever, talking only mechanics etc, all fit the bill. Regardless, I don't feel like killing him is a high priority (because it's possible I'm wrong, and because the game will end when the werewolves die regardless of sorceror).
And also we need to get moving --

We /need/ to kill someone today, or else we'll be exactly here tomorrow with no new information and probably a dead mason. If a sorceror does actually exist, basically /every/ town voter needs to be participating to get a kill. I still think AlaskanEmily (and then Demonlord) are top werewolf candidates.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Agreed. There's five of us not voting right now, and we're figuratively losing daylight. The longer we wait, the more of town will be eliminated.

For seer, I agree that the bodyguard on day one wasn't the worst loss. On top of that, who could really predict the first choice on day one? It sucks, granted, but I don't think a bodyguard "failed us" just yet. As for Odd truly being sorcerer, it's a possibility from his posts thus far. I wouldn't claim he's high priority either, unless proven otherwise.
AtiyaTheSeeker
Also, agreed on Locke not being scum. He hasn't posted a whole lot, but nothing he's mentioned really gives a scummy readout. Again, this is me being paranoid and meta. >_>

Time remaining until deadline: ~5 hours 30 minutes
Trihan
psy, you say demon and Emily are your top picks for scum. Of the two, which one would you say has given you the strongest reading?