[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

AE, for sure. This post https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909635#post909635 put me at -1 to hammer without making reference to any votes or cases that came before it.

That said I'm a bunch more confident that Oddrabbit is the sorceror:
author=oddRABBIT
Essentially all I'm trying to do iw say "I don't care who lives or dies, I just want the highest winning odds for town as soon as possible. Thus, I'm essentially treating roles like bodyguard and sorceror as pointless now, since the seer is dead. If there's a sorceror, then they're just a nuisance who wants to sacrifice themselves for the mafia to win, you could call them a badger. If there's a bodyguard, who are they gonna protect? Seer's dead, they'll probably be wrong on who to protect each night, anyways.

So, yeah. Screw power roles, everyone's either a normal town or mafia. If we get lucky and save someone at night, good on that.

I just checked with Muffle and the sorceror actually has a night power where I guess they submit a name and hear back if it's the sorceror. Did anyone else know this? Because it sure looks like Odd did and I don't think this is something he passively noticed.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Ah, so that's how they find the seer. Interesting.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Uh. Did you not read the power roles?

It literally says in the start of the the topic that the Sorceror's job is to find the Seer for the mafia.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
In any case.

#lynch Psy_Wombats

Psy's role is unknown. I have a 2/6 chance of hitting mafia, and a 1/6 chance of hitting town. Let's do this.
It says it's their job, but not that they have any sort of active ability. But I could see a world where your active ability was no longer relevant and therefore you considered the role useless.

Your odds are also wonky, even if you aren't intentionally discounting the possibility of an unknown sorceror.

(hm, also, having masons out in the open would also increase the chances of sorceror detecting seer, something I hadn't thought of)

Anyway, AE pitch, same as always: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/25302/?post=909792#post909792

Demon I don't have as much to go against any more seeing as how the hammer argument doesn't hold under majority voting and I guess being odd-paranoid is justified. His reasoning also looks a bit better.

Odd I wouldn't want to kill while there are any confirmed town alive, the reason being that I could be wrong that he's sorc, and even if he really is sorc, killing him doesn't even buy a day (because wolves will kill a confirmed town, and we still need to find the actual wolves). At least if no confirmed town are left, wolves will eliminate a suspect. I could kill him if it's the only consensus today but I really want AE dead.

Can't do anything productive without at least 2 of Jeroen, Dudesoft, LockeZ showing up. I'd appreciate it if someone not currently voting me could at least commit to being around for the deadline.
Trihan
I still have some iffy feelings about Emily's objection to a nolynch day, and voting for you mainly because you read someone else as town doesn't sit right either.
Trihan
One other thing I'm curious about with the sorcerer: their job is to find the seer for the mafia, but they can't communicate with scum; how exactly are they supposed to help with that information once found? Just try to steer a lynch vote in the direction of the person they know is the seer? I guess it's moot now but I was just wondering mechanically how that was supposed to be played.
I have no idea, actually. If I were playing sorceror, I would've fakeclaimed as seer on day 2 and said that I found to be guilty, that would be a hell of a lot more conducive to telling scum who's who. Jumping out and saying "I'm sorc and that dude's seer" is not actually, all that productive and requires you to find the seer beforehand so ???

Then again maybe I'm misunderstanding, the info I have from Muffle just says it's a night action like the seer's night action so who knows, I could be wrong about what it does.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I don't want to end this on a no-lynch. My first vote of the day was on psy. I'm less convinced, and definitely leaning towards Trihan. Emily isn't really on the radar. Trying to splay suspicion on another player across the board, only makes me more suspicious.

Psy/Tri team *has* to be it.
So, back to where I started.

#lynch psy_wombats
Day 2 Official Votecount

psy_wombats - 4: Jeroen_Sol, Dudesoft, demonlord5000, AlaskenEmily, oddRABBIT, Dudesoft
demonlord5000 - 0: psy_wombats
Alaskenemily - 2: psy_wombats, AtiyaTheSeeker
AtiyaTheSeeker - 0: Trihan

Not Voting: Trihan, LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol

With 9 alive it takes 5 to hammer.

Time remaining until deadline: ~1 hour 20 minutes
Trihan
See, now I'm torn, because I agree that *someone* needs to go today but if I hammer psy and he flips town, you're just going to come after me harder.

Fuck it, we don't have the luxury of time at this point.

#lynch psy_wombats
That was hammer. Muffle will post some flavour later when she has better access.

psy_wombats was lynched day 2.
Role: Vanilla Town

Day 3 begins in roughly 24 hours, please submit your night actions to muffle.
Day 2 Final Votecount

psy_wombats - 5: Jeroen_Sol, Dudesoft, demonlord5000, AlaskenEmily, oddRABBIT, Dudesoft, Trihan
demonlord5000 - 0: psy_wombats
Alaskenemily - 2: psy_wombats, AtiyaTheSeeker
AtiyaTheSeeker - 0: Trihan

Not Voting: LockeZ, Jeroen_Sol

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Sadly so, Trihan. Damn, I guess Psy was innocent after all. Question is, are we going to go for the throat on more substantial evidence this time? :v

Please do not post during the night phase, thank you.
Everyone had decided that Psy wombat was the most likely to be a wolf. That bloodlust in his eyes, always ready to throw anyone under the bus... The guillotine reigns down only to reveal a poor villager betrayed by his town.

The night prevails and there's nothing that can be done. Everyone locks their doors hoping it's enough... The next morning everyone returns to the town square.

Night 2, Nobody died
Day 3 ends in 48 hours 5pm EST

With 7 alive it takes 4 to Lynch.
Trihan
So either we have a bodyguard who for some reason didn't protect Fomar, or the wolves didn't agree on a target. This just gets more perplexing.

btw, I know my hammer on psy probably seemed to come from nowhere, but he had more votes on him than Emily, we only had an hour left, and since Dudesoft is confirmed town I knew there was no reason to doubt his arguments are anything but genuine, so backing him up made sense at the time.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sorry for the inactivity. I seem to have been really distracted this past week so far.

Looks like we probably have a bodyguard after all and they were just a dunce on night one. Also looks like my theory that some of the people who are going after psy for "causing a no lynch on day one" were fake news shitmongers might have had some merit. People were going for him really early over what I felt was an okay tactical decision, and "blaming" him even though nothing bad had happened.

Two of those people were the masons, so I think they're just dumb, and they were probably talking about it all night so both of them doing the same thing immediately makes sense. But demonlord then jumped right on the train immediately, which was fast and seemed like an attempt by scum to seize an emerging opportunity and create a fast train to a mislynch. A bunch of other people joined the psy train later, but it's demonlord's vote there that concerns me more than the others, because it's so opportunistic. The last-minute votes against psy are fine because no-lynching a second day in a row would have been bad.
Dudesoft
LockeZ's claim that the masons are talking all night and are dumb: CONFIRMED.
Dudesoft
Psy's flip has me disillusioned, tbh. I *knew* he was scum. And here we are. I don't know up from down anymore