[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Alright, we have 6 players left, so we definitely don't have 3 scum. We must have either two scum or a sorcerer and a scum. The latter would be preferable since they wouldn't be able to communicate, but the former is probably more likely.

We're at MYLO today, but nolynching isn't an option, since I'll just die and it'll be LYLO tomorrow and harder to get the required votes.

I think the bodyguard should claim so we have a higher chance of nailing scum. However, the bodyguard should not confirm or deny whether they can still protect me or themselves tonight.

There's a chance there is no bodyguard and scum has withheld. In that case, we've basically lost the game at this point, but given my performance we kinda deserve that.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Yeah, we basically need to lynch scum today or our chances of victory are slim. This has not gone well for us at all. :(

I agree with you that it's in bodyguard's best interest to claim right now since it gives us one fewer wrong head for the chopping block. If we can get 3 confirmed town, it'll give us a better chance.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
We won't have three confirmed town. We'll have one confirmed town, one claimed bodyguard and two claimed lycans. I think it's probably that at least one scum is in the two unclaimed roles, but scum could still be the bodyguard + a lycan and then we're doomed.
Jeroen_Sol
Heck, scum could even be both of the lycans and their plan was to lynch one of them so the other one is confirmed (I think this is highly unlikely though)
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Well... shit. Demonlord was also innocent, and scum is cashing in on the masons. I'd agree with Jeroen that it's probably two wolves. Sorcerer isn't top priority and by proxy, I couldn't care less in discerning Odd's identity at this point. With only six left in town, we have to focus down the biggest threat.

Question is, who is the most viable one? What Dudes must've felt with Psy, I'm kiiiinda feeling with Demonlord. I was damned sure he was scum, but well... shit, once again.

I'm holding off until others begin a lynch vote. Last thing I want right now is add to another bad call.
Trihan
Ah, you're right Jeroen, I forgot we had two Lycan claims.

So if we work on the assumption that the roleclaims so far were genuine, that removes you, odd and Atiya from the equation. That leaves me, LockeZ and Emily. In that scenario, lynching one of those three gives you a good chance of a scum lynch.

But as you said, there's an alternative scenario where scum is hiding in a lycan claim, which would put Atiya and odd back in the table.

I think the only thing I can say with confidence at this point is that Jeroen definitely *isn't* scum, because if that had been the case Dudesoft would have had no reason to back the mason claim.
Trihan
back on the table, rather.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Uh, so I was obviously super wrong about demonlord, but in my defense, he sure was making it easy to pick him apart.

I am the bodyguard. I protected dudesoft instead of fomar on night 1, because I didn't particularly believe fomar and thought there was about a 50/50 chance he was fake-claiming. Especially since he claimed when he wasn't really in imminent danger yet and only had three votes on him, with ten players active. Meanwhile the masons were able to back each other up, so I was almost positive they were telling the truth. It was obviously the wrong call, which is something I seem to be doing a lot in this game.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, I figured you were going to claim bodyguard from the way you were talking yesterday. That lends credence to the claim, but I also think you'd be able to come up with a plan to nokill and solidify a fakeclaim that way.

If that's what you did, then gg. I'm going to believe you.

This leaves Trihan and Emily unclaimed. I kind of want it to be Trihan because that way I'll be right about at least one thing this game, but I'm not sure if I believe that.

It's worth noting that besides Dude, Emily is the only one who didn't vote Demon yesterday. This could be creating goodwill, but she's also been consistently gunning for LockeZ when nobody else was. That looks more like solving the game than oppotunism to me.
Jeroen_Sol
One thing to note though is that LockeZ targeting Dude on day 1 means I was protected yesterday. This then means that killing Dude last night would have technically been the incorrect play, as they should have targeted me again.

I'm willing to accept that as a scum mistake rather than a LockeZ lie, mostly because if I don't believe LockeZ I have no leg to stand on.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing, Jeroen - I expected scum to actually read how my role worked, and realize that they would be guaranteed to succeed if they nightkilled the same person twice in a row. So I didn't protect Dudesoft last night because I thought my power last night would be wasted no matter what I did, and I wanted to be free to still protect him tonight if I needed to.

I guess I'm not the only one phoning it in this game.
LockeZ
So then the question becomes - do we kill Emily, Trihan, Atiya, or Odd?

Emily: Aggressive toward me, seems probably legit
Trihan: Kinda passive honestly, I don't have a good read on him
Atiya: Claimed to be a lycan, keeps conspicuously trying to buddy up to me
Odd: Claimed to be a lycan, made some weird comments that sounded like he knew the sorcerer's mechanics

I think either Odd or Atiya is lying about their role. But I don't know which - they both seem like they're lying, but surely they aren't both lying... And anyway I don't know if the one who's lying is actually scum, or just a sorcerer. But at this point, even killing the sorcerer is fine - it's not as good as winning, but it extends the game by another day.

So I kind of want to narrow the targets down to Odd or Atiya, just because I feel like one or the other has to be lying, and that gives us a 50/50 chance to survive until tomorrow.
Jeroen_Sol
I'm inclined to agree that Emily is probably legit and one of Odd and Atiya is probably not. But then by that logic Trihan must be scum unless we have only one scum among us.
Trihan
I doubt we only have one scum, but I also know I'm not one of them. The more I think about it, the more it seems far-fetched to have two lycans. I think one of odd or Atiya are lying about their role, but whether they're masking sorcerer or a wolf I have no idea.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
If I'm in danger, lemme discuss the way I see things. As I asked in earlier posts when accused, let my actions judge if I'm innocent or not. Here's my self-defense narrative to pick apart.

Insofar as being a tryhard toward Locke, it's because I felt he's probably top-tier at RMN's Mafia games. My fangirling is dumb though, because somehow I had a blind eye toward Jeroen who runs and ran Mafia games all the goddamned time. I guess I just known Locke more from elsewhere in RMN's community, so I magnetized to him.

I didn't mention being lycan because, at the start of the game, I still say it didn't matter. There was nothing to be gained from it, and there's still none. I only brought up my claim because Odd was saying the exact same thing, and I have no reason to believe we're both lycans.

He started Day One with an indifferent "Oh I'm sorc lawl" comment. I targeted him initially for straight-up mentioning a role. In retrospect, claiming a role is nothing if you don't give people a good reason to believe you. Let alone any hard proof that'll boot you from the game. When Fomar gave a half-hearted admission of his role late into day one, he got offed that night and was proven to be the seer. So now that Odd's still claiming to be lycan, and we're still losing members of town, I see him as a swindler this game. If somehow he *is* a second lycan and is eliminated for it, I'll gladly accept a lynch.

Then, there's Emily. I've been pissy with her all game, and the feeling's likely mutual. I didn't like how she targeted me for a misplay, and how much she's been ragging on nolynch the whole time. I'll agree with her that it's unlikely we have two lycans; Locke is claiming bodyguard, and Jeroen is confirmed mason due to Dudes' death, so why would there be two of a unique role outside of mason? When she accused Locke and I of being scum, I took the bait and rattled against that accusation. It's weird she didn't vote yesterday, but she probably didn't have time after I chose to end Demonlord with the final vote.

...look, anything I've got to say about Emily, I've already said. Whether or not I'm being accused, I still don't trust Odd for getting Fomar killed off. He sure seemed fine with wanting to gamble Psy being scum, too. That's all I have to say for now; do with it as you will.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I... in no way directed Fomar to do anything. Please stop saying that. Anyways...

We should ignore Atiya and I for now. Probably lynch AlaskanEmily.
LockeZ
Well I feel confident that either Atiya or Odd is actually a lycan. Both scum wouldn't fake-claim as the same role unless they were pretty sure nobody actually had that role. So if we kill off one of them today, and they are a werewolf or sorcerer, the other is cleared. That leaves us with only two people to decide between tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if we kill Trihan or Emily, even if we're right and the one we kill is a werewolf, we have three people to decide between tomorrow.

So, following that logic, we should probably choose a lycan-claimer to kill tonight and choose a non-lycan-claimer to kill tomorrow, right?

I would like to see Odd respond to all this before I actually cast a vote, but at this point he's my first target.
LockeZ
Well, actually I guess they might accidentally both fake-claim as the same role if they can't talk to each other. And a sorcerer can't talk to the werewolves.

But thinking about that logic further, I feel like neither scum-Atiya nor sorcerer-Atiya would fake claim as a lycan just to counter someone else's claim, knowing that the person they're counterclaiming could potentially be their own ally. A fake claim as lycan makes sense for either a werewolf or a sorcerer if nobody else has done so yet. But if there's already a lycan claim, and you know/suspect you have an ally but don't know who they are, you wouldn't counterclaim that. You might be ruining your own ally's strategy.

So that puts me pretty firmly on an oddRABBIT lynch, unless he has a better argument than "Everyone should ignore me. K thx."
author=oddRABBIT
I... in no way directed Fomar to do anything. Please stop saying that. Anyways...

We should ignore Atiya and I for now. Probably lynch AlaskanEmily.

OK. OK. I see. I should probably say that I don't think there are any lycans in this game, and I will share why I think that.

I am a priest, and I think my role was to make good on the "can't be solved by massclaim" bit of the OP. My "ability" is that I cannot cast hammer, if I do I will be modkilled. I actually thought I was going to be modkilled here:

author=Muffle
Sorry the day is supposed to be 48 hours long, I don't know why I put 21 hours. I skipped a day in my head. Also I'm extending EOD to 6pm EST.

Also I did a dumb and when I miscounted and didn't put dudesoft for psy's lynch, AE's final psy vote would've technically hammered psy yesterday. Sigh, I'll double check all votes from now on. Just continue from here.

Muffle didn't count my hammer vote because I cannot hammer. I think she didn't modkill me only because the votecount was wrong. I left my vote where it was because I had kind of gotten away with it from the perspective of not being modkilled, and because I didn't want to get into a position where I was forced to refuse to hammer if I could avoid it.

Given that I am an unhelpful town role, I suspect that there are no lycans at all since that would give town multiple unhelpful roles. In fact, just us thinking that there are lycan(s) already would have fulfilled the purpose of making the seer seem unreliable. That makes me think that one of the lycans is lying sorceror, and the other is lying scum. I also still think that it's likely that Antiya is scum because of the N1 kill target.
LockeZ
I changed my mind. This is the fakest bullshit I've ever seen.

#lynch AlaskanEmily