[MAFIA] IS THIS WEREWOLF?

Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Would you like me to be more aggressive? That isn't really my nature. And I use emotes a lot, but that won't be immediately apparent since it's been a long time since I last posted here.

I mirrored what Atiya said because it seemed like a fitting way to end the game, however it turns out, and my second one was replying to your question which is why I used the same wording.

At this point all I have is agreeable. It's pretty apparent that it's down to either me or odd, and the ball's in your court. I've made my case for being town, and I've explained why I suspect odd.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Whew, a lot of stuff since I last responded. I'm glad not jumping onto hammering Trihan helped convey my good intent. It's for this reason, then, that I'm hesitant to defend him further. Not accusingly, but still.

It's safe to say Jeroen isn't scum. There's no reason Dudesoft, confirmed as a mason, would back him up. Trihan got my dramatic sentence right -- if we mislynch, it's game over. I wrote what I did with finality; what Trihan wrote wasn't an ironic echo, the way I see it.

Jeroen, I'm sorry, but we have to follow whatever evidence we have. Not just gut feelings. Town was wrong about Psy and Demonlord. If you're also accusing Trihan of using emotes to convey a false sense of security, you may as well use my long-winged speech for the same reason. While it's true Trihan only has agreeable, it's a matter of comparison. He's been difficult to ping as trouble this whole game. I'm more apt to think he's innocent, because he's given no hard reason to suspect otherwise.

To defend the two things you'd quoted from him? "I hope you're damn sure I'm the second wolf" came off more as a cautionary warning than guilt, even if threatening. Even so, the threat is more like 'it is dangerous to accuse me' than 'do it, you coward'. Quote two, that "Muffle would put two lycans is difficult to swallow", has been found to be an accurate deduction at this point. If all roles have been taken no more than once (aside from the obvious pair of masons), with or without sorcerer, there's little to stand on about there being two lycans.

This is my assessment. IIRC, we have ~22 hours right now to make a hard decision. I don't think it's Trihan; I think Odd seems a bigger threat. I appreciate your uneasy feeling, but we can't afford a mislynch at this point.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Seems I assessed wrong. ~20.5 hours since the last time call, or something. Still.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
"Can't afford a mislynch."

Well, that's definitely true. Have fun with your answer, I'm sure it's correct.

...I'm Lycan. No way around that. You're completely correct about the mislynch, and yet that's the direction you're headed for. Have fun with the sense of "Oops, we lost", or the wonderful sense of "Ooh, they all fell for it" if you turn out to be scum.

Think that's my last post, sticking with my gut. Just letting you know this was a great game, and if town wins I'm gonna laugh harder than I'm planning to when I read all the hidden chats.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Quote two, that "Muffle would put two lycans is difficult to swallow", has been found to be an accurate deduction at this point.

No, my problem is that town-Trihan would know 100% certainly that there is only one lycan by virtue of both him and me being confirmed, but he worded it as though there was a possibility it wasn't the case.

Emily also said this on day 1:

author=AlaskanEmily
I wouldn't be opposed to an Odd lynch, since I am leaning towards him being lycan, sorceror, or scum. It's possible that he is being earnest about investigating him being pointless, but even if he is the lycan, wouldn't it be better for to flip the lycan earlier rather than later?

This would be very early bussing if Odd were scum.

I took a page out of Fomar's book and tallied up votes and number of posts in which Emily mentioned/quoted someone, and for the live players it looks like this:

Lynches:
Me: 0
Rachel: 1
Odd: 0
Trihan: 0

Mentions/Quotes:
Me: 4
Rachel: 8
Odd: 10
Trihan: 7

Which, granted, isn't as helpful as I hoped it would be as she didn't vote either of Odd or Trihan and in posts it's pretty close together. Heck, I look the most suspicious here. Emily also mentioned dude very little so maybe she was trying to stay away from confirmed town?

Odd is mentioned most here. I'd count that as evidence for him being town, as scum tend to try not to associate with their partners too much. But since the difference between him and Trihan isn't very high, it doesn't mean much.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
For Odd, it's:

Lynches:
Rachel: 0
Trihan: 2
Emily: 0

Mentions/Quotes (Odd doesn't really do quotes and replies to people without using their name, so this is less accurate):
Me: 5
Rachel: 8
Trihan: 8
Emily: 2

This is troubling. Maybe it could be Odd after all. I'll do Trihan too and then I'll make a final decision.
Jeroen_Sol
For Trihan, it's:

Lynches:
Rachel: 1
Odd: 1
Emily: 1
Nolynch: 1

Mentions/Quotes (There are so many of these. Trihan has been really active):
Me: 15
Rachel: 25
Odd: 24
Emily: 17

What's most surprising here is how much higher Odd and Rachel are than the rest of the players. It makes sense as Trihan has been discussing them a lot, first as lycans, then with the possibility of one of them lying, and always mentioning both of them, but the difference is enormous!

Emily is second highest, I'm third. This makes sense as we've been alive the longest. In any case, Trihan has not been avoiding Emily.
Trihan
Honestly up until the priest claim my suspicions of Emily were starting to die down a bit, but after that fiasco there was absolutely no doubt.
Jeroen_Sol
The evidence does seem to suggest it's Odd.

It kind of feels like the easy answer, but maybe it's just correct.

I've also been thinking about why Emily would commit suicide the way she did. I first thought that it didn't make a difference whether Odd or Trihan was her partner, and for that reason it makes less sense with Odd since he is at a friend's house with little time (I have no reason to doubt that even if he's scum). Odd had more heat and less time, so if they wanted to sacrifice one of them, why not just Odd?

But that's not right. The reason is this:

author=LockeZ
Well I feel confident that either Atiya or Odd is actually a lycan. Both scum wouldn't fake-claim as the same role unless they were pretty sure nobody actually had that role. So if we kill off one of them today, and they are a werewolf or sorcerer, the other is cleared. That leaves us with only two people to decide between tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if we kill Trihan or Emily, even if we're right and the one we kill is a werewolf, we have three people to decide between tomorrow.

So, following that logic, we should probably choose a lycan-claimer to kill tonight and choose a non-lycan-claimer to kill tomorrow, right?

I would like to see Odd respond to all this before I actually cast a vote, but at this point he's my first target.

We were on track to lynching Odd yesterday, and assuming an Odd/Emily team, that would have made today 50/50 between Trihan and Emily rather than 33% between Trihan, Odd and Rachel.

If the team is Trihan/Emily, then there's not much difference between sacrificing Trihan or Emily, and I feel like Trihan would have been sacrificed since LockeZ and I both thought Emily was legit. I did say:

author=Jeroen_Sol
I'm inclined to agree that Emily is probably legit and one of Odd and Atiya is probably not. But then by that logic Trihan must be scum unless we have only one scum among us.

So sacrificing Trihan and then mislynching either Odd or Rachel would have been all too easy after this.
Jeroen_Sol
Welp. If my gut was right after all then gg, Trihan. You did well.

Also if we lose to you I can still blame Psy. If we lose to Odd then all the blame for everything that happened this whole game is on me.

#Cancel
#Lynch Odd
Day 5 Final Votecount

Trihan - 1: oddRABBIT, oddRABBIT, Jeroen_Sol
oddRABBIT - 3: Trihan, AtiyaTheSeeker, Jeroen_Sol

Not Voting: N/A

oddRABBIT was lynched day 5.
Role: Lycan

AtiyaTheSeeker died night 5.
Role: Lycan

Werewolves Win!
Trihan
Oh sweet mother of pancakes I did not think I'd pull that off.
Jeroen_Sol
Shoulda trusted my gut.

You did well Tri, gg.

But why did Emily suicide? I don't get it!
Trihan
I still don't fully understand that one myself. We did discuss it a bit but that's entirely her baby. XD
Trihan
Also I'd just like it to be known that the incoherent rambling that sort of pulled my ass out of the fire was 100% not a strategy, I genuinely did mess up my logic and thinking. gg Trihan
Jeroen_Sol
Ugh I am so tired. I put in so much work just to convince myself of the wrong thing.
Trihan
I was literally on tenterhooks waiting for you to make your final decision, refreshed the page every like 5 seconds, and when you voted to lynch me I thought for sure my goose was cooked.
author=Jeroen_Sol
But why did Emily suicide? I don't get it!

Well, two things. One, we thought we were really backed into a corner with so many confirmed town still around, and I kinda felt like I needed to do literally anything to unsolve the game. And two, I really did believe that I had done a "ghosthammer" and I did think the OP was leaving room for alternative roles, so it felt like a 25% chance of success.

After it happened, it became clear it wouldn't work at all, so I did try to make it work to possibly look like I was covering for Odd.

But I guess it did confuse everyone, so...success?

GG everyone, and good work Trihan on somehow pulling through after I failed horribly.
Full Setup:
Fomar0153 - Seer - died night 1
psy_wombats - Vanilla Town - lynched day 2
demonlord5000 - Vanilla Town - lynched day 3
Dudesoft - Mason - died night 3
AlaskanEmily - Town Priest Wolf - lynched day 4
LockeZ - Bodyguard - died night 4
oddRABBIT - Lycan - lynched day 5
AtiyaTheSeeker - Lycan - died night 5
Jeroen_Sol - Mason - survived?
Trihan - Wolf - survived