[RM2K3] MAP TREE/DATABASE CORRUPTED?

Pages: 1
Hello,
I have a piece of garbage laptop that locks up when only a few things are running. I've had to force a restart which corrupted one map out of an RM2k project some months ago.

More recently, I forced restart my computer after it froze, and when I reopened a project I had the classic "map tree data corrupted" message.

I started doing the FIX for it, and when I got the (unordered) maps back in, I noticed all my maps were black, so I opened up the database to find EVERYTHING was reverted to 1 array, completely blank; 1 actor, 1 item, 1 skill, etc etc.

All the resources themselves are still in, but essentially all the data of my game is gone.

Wondering if anyone knows a fix for this? I've spent several hundred hours on this project and will probably have a meltdown if there's nothing I can do.

Thanks
Hi Common,

What you are referring to is the database, the data for which is not stored in the .lmt file, but the .ldb file (easy to remember, since "mt" stands for "maptree" and "db" stands for "database"). Both are called "RPG_RT", so you need to pay attention to the extension at the end there.

You need to copy over the RPG_RT.ldb as well, from the most recent version of your game that you have.
Thanks for your reply. I copied over the .lbd to a new project and the entire database is still blank...
This doesn't look good... what is the database's size, in kilobytes? If it's a large size, but not showing any data, it's become corrupted.
author=Zachary_Braun
This doesn't look good... what is the database's size, in kilobytes? If it's a large size, but not showing any data, it's become corrupted.

I'm away from my computer at the moment, but I believe it was something like 1,357kb – which I thought might be the same as a blank database? It also looks like there aren't any previously saved versions on Windows either.
Had this happen a few months ago during a power outage. I ended up having to use a backup of the game and copy/paste maps that weren't corrupted into the backup (through the RM2K3 program) from the map tree. All database was lost. You may be able to salvage some of the game maps/events this way.

Hope it all works out.
I can't recommend any fixes for this at the moment, but 1357kb is definitely not the default ldb size. I have two projects. One has a massive database and is 860kb, the other has a much smaller database but far more Battle Event coding and is 1250kb.

There is this tutorial if you have another copy of your game (even a broken one) (near the bottom of the tutorial, you just make a map change and save changes, which should give you a new lmt).
Pages: 1