HOW TO PUT PICTURES IN BATTLE FOR RPG MAKER VX ACE?

Pages: 1
I want to put pictures in battles instead of animations for rpg maker vx ace. how do I do it?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Make an animation that doesn't change?

Frame 1 - whatever all the same, might work.
author=kory_toombs
Make an animation that doesn't change?

Frame 1 - whatever all the same, might work.
no that's not what I want. what I want is just use show picture instead of using the animation setting
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I was about to suggest that you could also use Show Picture, but... yeah, I don't think that's what you want to do at all, re-reading the topic.

*Edit: Wait, what?

*Edit2: A thought in my head was that skills would call Common Events that would then use Show Picture. Though, damage-dealing skills would be awkward this way, as event-commands alone cannot obtain the data-points of who uses the skill versus the intended target.

The other thought in my head was to maybe use the troop tab, and use the Show Picture there, but, that would probably more useful of battle-specific circumstances rather than a "whenever this skill is used, perform this/these action/s" circumstance.

*Edit3: Maybe I could suggest something else if I understood the reason why you want to use Show Picture instead of an animation. Like, Show Picture is usually used for static images, whereas animations, are, uh, well, animated.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Do you want to show picture when an action happens, like attacking, or casting a spell... or when an event happens, like someone talks about grapes and you show grapes?

I think both Marrend and I are very confused.
author=Marrend
I was about to suggest that you could also use Show Picture, but... yeah, I don't think that's what you want to do at all, re-reading the topic.

*Edit2: A thought in my head was that skills would call Common Events that would then use Show Picture. Though, damage-dealing skills would be awkward this way, as event-commands alone cannot obtain the data-points of who uses the skill versus the intended target.

The other thought in my head was to maybe use the troop tab, and use the Show Picture there, but, that would probably more useful of battle-specific circumstances rather than a "whenever this skill is used, perform this/these action/s" circumstance.

*Edit3: Maybe I could suggest something else if I understood the reason why you want to use Show Picture instead of an animation. Like, Show Picture is usually used for static images, whereas animations, are, uh, well, animated.

yes i would like to do something like show picture through skills calling events. how do i do something like that?
or i would like to show picture when i use a particular skill
author=Marrend

the only reason i want to use show picture is because an enemy i have, his sprite is too big to fit in the animated battler sprite sheet
author=kory_toombs
Do you want to show picture when an action happens, like attacking, or casting a spell... or when an event happens, like someone talks about grapes and you show grapes?

I think both Marrend and I are very confused.

i would like to show picture when an action happens
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Please do not double (or triple) post like that outside of the Welp forums. If you have things to say in a thread, and it's within 24 hours of your last post, and your post is still the most recent post, use the edit feature.

That aside, I don't know how big your battlers are versus the size of the animations. I'm also not sure if doing a sequence of Show Pictures is really what you want to do. If it's one skill that needs this setup, and the animation it uses is unique to that skill, what you might want to consider is going into the Animation tab, and set zoom factor to be higher for each graphic in each frame? This is done by right-clicking on the graphic(s), and selecting the "Properties" selection from the context menu.

Still, if you insist on using Show Picture, there might be a way. Try setting the animation of the skill to "None", then go to the effect portion, and add Other->Common Event. Have that Common Event use the Show Picture command (or commands) as necessary. I'm pretty sure the damage effect would happen "first" then the Common Event, if my memory of Okiku, and the Common Events it uses to level-up skills is in tact.
Pages: 1