[POLL] IS A PLUGIN REWRITING RMMZ CODEBASE INTO ES6 STANDARD A GOOD IDEA?

Poll

Is a plugin rewriting RMMZ codebase into ES6 standard a good idea? - Results

Yes(only if it doesn't break plugins not written with this plugin in mind)
60%
No(even if it doesn't break plugins not written with this plugin in mind)
40%

Pages: 1
I think such a plugin has at least the following potential advantages:
1. Those avoiding direct prototyping like a plague can work with an ES6 version
2. Those not being familiar with ES5 don't have to learn this outdated approach, especially when it's just for writing RMMZ plugins
3. As this plugin can be directly maintained by the RMMZ plugin developer community, it might address their needs more effectively and efficiently(as long as such changes won't break plugins not written with this plugin in mind)

And at least the following potential disadvantages:
1. This plugin will need to be kept in sync with the default RMMZ codebase changes, which can be very complicated and convoluted for the plugin developers involved to detect all the changes in the latter(while letting the plugin users/other plugin developers know if the plugin's outdated is an easy, simple and small task)
2. This can further "encourage and recommend" ES5 vs ES6 flame wars among some plugin developers(and can be a serious community trouble if it becomes a widespread drama), as some will write plugins in the ES6 standard with this plugin and some will continue to write ES5 with direct prototyping without this plugin
3. Some plugin users touching plugin implementations will have to deal with both ES5 and ES6 styles, as some plugins will be written in the former and some will be written in the latter(or even mixed styles in the same plugin in some rare extreme cases)

To make this post more effective and efficient, I've used nearly 35 hours in 3 days to write 1 such plugin(0.9.5 with just the core parts).
While it might break some plugins not written with this plugin in mind despite the fact that I've checked about that several times already, I want the discussion to focus on whether THIS DIRECTION AS A WHOLE is a good idea, so I hope it's not so poorly written that it'll defeat its purpose in this post :)
With RMMZ released for a while, it seems to me that there's not much demand on applying the ES6 standard to RMMZ, so I decided to drop this idea.

However, those wanting to continue on this whole idea can freely take over my failed experiment :)
Pages: 1