[POLL] MAGIC WORDS

Poll

What are your favorite magic words in fictional media?
The choices are ordered as follows:
Magic words > Name of the user > Name of the series - Results

Paparapapa > Babidi > Dragon Ball Z
0%
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo > Fairy Godmother > Cinderella
0%
Azarath Metrion Zinthos > Raven > Teen Titans
5%
Pagua Sonfa, Pagua Sonfa, PAGUA SONFA! > Kei Pirates > Outlaw Star
5%
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! > Tingle > The Legend of Zelda
11%
Moon Prism Power, Make Up > Usagi Tsukino > Sailor Moon
11%
Shazam! > Captain Marvel > Shazam!
5%
Oomenacka > Mumbo Jumbo > Banjo-Kazooie
0%
By the Power of Grayskull, I HAVE THE POWER > Prince Adam > He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
33%
Thunder...Thunder--Thunder--ThunderCats HO!!! > Lion-O > ThunderCats
0%
In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power.... GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT! > Green Lantern > Green Lantern
0%
Klaatu barada nikto > Ash Williams > Army of Darkness
5%
Walla Walla Washington > Bugs Bunny > Looney Tunes
0%
(incantations spelled backwards) Ex: Evig mih stnap! > Zatanna > Young Justice
0%
(various incantations) Ex: Destruction of nature, gather in flame! Fire! > Black Mage > Final Fantasy Tactics
22%
(various incantations) Ex: Blah Blah Blah > Rita > Tales of Series
0%
Other Magic Words
0%

Pages: 1
Some fictional stories need magic users to say special words to cast a spell and some do not.
Do you prefer magic systems that are tied to words or do you prefer magic user's that just do magic without any special chant?

The following poll includes magic words from pop culture and not old fashion or generic words like Abracadabra and Hocus-pocus.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I like Megumin's chants from KonoSuba, because she makes up different ones almost every time, they're clearly not actually magical, and she does them just to sound cool.

But just to be a maximum weeb I'm going to answer Pipiru-piru-piru-pipiru-pii.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I am genuinely dumbfounded that I was the first to vote Kooloo-Limpah.

I mean, only two voted before me, but still. It's clearly Kooloo-Limpah people!
FUS RO DAH! was a viral meme. How is it not on the list?

Anyway, it's obviously He-Man.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Chalk up another vote for FFT! I'll admit to considering He-Man, though.

For what it's worth, I made one game where most abilities had power-phrases. The abilities that had no power-phrases belonged to a virtually mute character. She had, like, three total lines in the entire game. Some of her abilities were pastes of abilities other characters had with the power-phrase removed. I might have thought about changing the effectiveness of those abilities, but, decided against it.
Definitely not being held hostage by a grown man in a green jumpsuit, but I picked Tingle.
Rena Lanford from Star Ocean: The Second Story when you cast the spell “Tractor Beam”. It’s so incredibly awesome that they forget to do an English voiceover for it and just pronounced the spell in Japanese, lol, confusing the shit out of me as a teenager, but it's still something that I remember quite fondly today because how could they possibly miss that through playtesting? Sure, the spell sucks, but come on, test your shit before releasing it!

Otherwise, He-Man’s gotta be up there. That song that accompanies the transformation is just so epic as f**k.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
RMN, y u no have multiple answer picks for polls

My favorites are single words of power ("SHAZAM!"), speaking backwords to invoke magic (Zatanna's spells), and short chants of meaning followed by the spell's name (FFT's abilities, especially magic).
Oh yeah, FUS RO DAH! That would have been a good one to include. I never played that game so that's why I forgot to include it but yeah I've heard of it.
I've also heard of Star Ocean but never played it so I didn't know it had magic words.
I've never heard of the stuff LockeZ is talking about but I'll Google search it sometime.
And I agree with Atiya TheSeeker that rank choice voting systems are better though to be fair to RMN, I don't know of any website that does that.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You need a whole song, not just words...

AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
author=RedMask
And I agree with Atiya TheSeeker that rank choice voting systems are better though to be fair to RMN, I don't know of any website that does that.

Ironically enough, RPG Maker Web does. Not sure how easy or hard it'd be to add here, but probably not important. Most of us have moved to the Discord, compared to the activity at RMW's forums.
Pages: 1