Are there too many movie adaptations of "A Christmas Carol"? - Results

Yes
12%
No
50%
Maybe
37%

Pages: 1
One thing I've noticed over the years is there are a lot of adaptations of "A Christmas Carol" out there. I've easily got at least a half dozen different movies based on this work. I've got a version centered around the "All Dogs Go To Heaven" franchise to multiple live action films. And one of those live action films dates back to the early days of talkies as they put it.
I mean, maybe, but time and tech continues to march, so remaking to fit into the next gen isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I don't know if I' say it's a bad thing, but some of the attempts at adapting the work to certain franchises can be rather cringe inducing. I still remember the Barbie version being pretty bad on that front.

On the other hand, I've liked other animated adaptations because they made slight changes to the story in order to make themselves stand out a bit. I have one animated version where Scrooge owns a pet mouse and hooks up with his old fiancee at the end of the movie. Though, I know other people hate this version for making such changes to the story.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I've seen the All Dogs one. Curious way to conclude the series. As for Christmas Carol, I can agree with Liberty. It's probably overdone to death, but each generation has its own iterations.
The adaptations predate the talkies. And no, there's not too many of them.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

There's a western one, so, yes.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I really like Scrooged and A Muppet Christmas Carol, personally speaking. My mom has a DVD that includes an older, black-and-white version of the tale. It has a song in it that, once they sing it, I cannot get it out of my head. Can't remember too many other details, though!
idk there are worse offenders out there
author=Shinan
The adaptations predate the talkies. And no, there's not too many of them.

Oh I'm well aware there are adaptations of this film that probably predate talkies. Though how many of those have survived over the years is anyone's guess.

author=kentona
idk there are worse offenders out there

Maybe, but just 15 movie covers. I could easily find you over 30 for A Christmas Carol. And that's not even digging into all of the cartoon adaptations and parodies.

unity
You're magical to me.
I haven't seen an RPG adaptation so no, not too many XD

If I made one, I'd make the three spirits join the party
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
The best version was the one with George C. Scott. Any others pale to it but its an important story that keeps getting retold for good reason.

I know someone made an adaptation where Mega Man fights various characters from "A Christmas Carol". In fact, they apparently did this twice, but I'm not sure how easy it is to get a hold of those games.
Pages: 1