WHAT ARE SOME OF THE WORST MOVIE SEQUELS OF ALL TIME?

Pages: 1
I'd say one of the worst movie sequels of all time has to be "Highlander II: The Quickening". After all, it made the foolish mistake of trying to explain how Connor MacLeod and the others became immortal in the first place. If there's one thing I've learned over the years is that your usually better off not explaining where magic or abilities that seem like magic come from. After all, any sort of explanation will ultimately make the powers seem less grand or mysterious.

I still find myself griping every now and again about a King Arthur movie that explained Merlin's ability to cast magic as being a byproduct of him being able to manipulate Earth's electromagnetic field. After all, being able to screw around with magnetism would definitely give you the ability to summon the souls of the damned to possess the bodies of your enemies or allow you to turn yourself into a dove. Though, I suppose Magneto would be a god-like entity in that movie's universe.

Of course, Highlander II also suffers from the fact that the first movie didn't really leave any room for a proper sequel. If anything any additional movies in the franchise should have been centered around past events in Connor's life, but those would have a lot less impact. After all, we know he has to overcome those challenges in order for the ending of the first movie to be possible. So it would be really difficult for those movies to generate tension.

Though, I suppose to tie things up, I'll simply say that "Highlander II: The Quickening" is a movie that didn't need to happen.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The Last Jedi
Personally, I thought The Last Jedi was really good... :c

edit: Batman & Robin
Unless this thread is only referring to the second film in a franchise.
And if direct to video sequels count, then Tarzan II.
author=zeello
Personally, I thought The Last Jedi was really good... :c

The Last Jedi isn't bad as a dumb pop-corn movie, but as soon as you start to think about things. You begin to realize just how full of plot holes the movie is.

Like how come Finn and company didn't land their ship in actual parking spot in order to avoid unwanted attention?

If ships traveling at near hyper space speeds can do so much damage to an enemy fleet, why do ships bother with fighters, proton torpedoes, and quad lasers? It just seems like it would be easier to build self piloting ships that can slam into enemy ships at near hyper space speed based on what is depicted in the movie.

Why doesn't that lady with the purple hair explain her plan to the crew?

Why does BB-8 have a slot for putting in coins?

Why is this slot system designed with the idea of BB-8 pelting people with the coins he received/is carrying?

If Snoke can see Kylo's every thought, why does he realize he is Kylo's true enemy?

Oh well, at least The Last Jedi didn't make the mistake of telling the audience that Rey is a palpatine.

author=zeello
Unless this thread is only referring to the second film in a franchise.
And if direct to video sequels count, then Tarzan II.

I really don't so the need for restrictions in this case. Though, I do wonder if I would want to put Wolf Cop 2 on the list. Sadly, I haven't stumbled across a copy of that film just yet.
Personally, lol, I actually really like Batman & Robin; it's one of my guilty pleasures. But that’s probably because when I first saw this movie in theatres all those years ago, I was just a kid. And since this movie was targeted to be more family friendly than the other two previous films, I ended up enjoying it far more than most people do nowadays. By no means is it "amazing", or a "cult classic", or anything like that, but I always found quite humorous and a decent popcorn movie to watch nowadays. Plus, you can never forget "The Bat Credit Card", lol.

Right now, at this moment, I would probably say Terminator: Dark Fate is the worst movie sequel that I’ve ever seen, other than maybe Blair Witch 2: Book Of Shadows, but I hardly remember anything nowadays about that piece of crap. I didn’t see this one in the theatres when it initially came out, as I ended watching it when it came out on demand, but I heard a few people at work say that this movie wasn’t very good compared to the other ones in the series, and, well…yeah, they’re right, it wasn't.

First off, they killed off John Connor - the main character - in the first few minutes of the film and it was never brought up or even mentioned at all throughout the plot of the entire film. This guy is supposed to be the savior of humanity and he just got…replaced all of a sudden with this little petite girl who isn’t that much of an interesting character herself other than she’s so tiny, like 5’1 or something, and it's funny watching her try to hold up a giant gun and shoot it, lol. Secondly, Arnie’s barely in this film at all. I know, he’s getting on in years and all that, but he wasn’t even featured on the cover of the box, let alone appear for more than 10 minutes in this film, which is kinda lame. Other than John Connor’s character, it’s also Arnie’s franchise too.

The new characters suck as well and aren’t very interesting. And although it’s nice to see Linda Hamilton back, they expect me to believe at her age that she can be this asskicking warrior like she was when she was much younger!? I know it’s supposed to be a science fiction film and you have to have some sense of disbelieve coming in, but come on!

I kinda wish that they just did it where the T-1000, Arnie’s character, had to travel forward in time to an alternate timeline to recruit old Sarah Connor to go back and save young John Connor from getting killed and screwing up everything. The entire film could have taken place in the Terminator 2 universe (you know, the best one!) and they could have used some really clever CGI tricks to have a young Sarah Connor meet her old counterpart and the same with Arnie. Maybe for the sacrifice scene, old Sarah Connor sacrifices herself instead of the T-1000 and now the younger T-1000 has to take care of young John Connor along with the young Linda Hamilton, while the old T-1000 disappears from existence because the timeline has now been corrected, or something like that.

Either way, it's probably not the worst movie sequel of all time, but it's definitely the one movie that I'm still really perplexed about why it was made like this in the first place with its baffling story decisions and overall direction. Like, I don't think this movie needed to happen at all; the series should have ended after Terminator 3 or even Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

And I still haven’t seen The Last Jedi nor The Rise Of Skywalker. One of these days I will. But, for now, I just don’t have any interest in watching either of those films. I know that the Emperor comes back in The Rise Of Skywalker (which is just stupid and doesn’t make any sense to me at all and completely destroys Vader’s redemption arc), but other than that, I just don’t really care. I did enjoy The Force Awakens though, despite it being mainly a carbon copy of the original film, but I digress.
I was bored by Batman & Robin even as a kid. Like, why was there smoke everywhere? I couldn't figure out if they were on the streets of Gotham or in some kind of basement or warehouse with a broken valve somewhere.
It was also tedious watching Robin and Batman arguing with each other all the time. When they started actually fighting each other, despite Poison Ivy being right there, what little likability they had left went out the window.
Bane was an incredibly dumb villain even by kid standards. Mr. Freeze was also. Nothing made sense. I think I started to tune out not even halfway through the movie.

And this is coming from someone who thinks bat credit card was kinda funny. :p

edit: What about Spider-Man 3? It was my first time watching it this year, but I could not even get through it.
After all the memes and such I thought it would be "so bad it's good". It isn't. It's just really, really boring.
On the bright side, its badness was almost educational. The scene at the french restaurant (when Peter was about to propose) was more entertaining than the rest of the movie. The fact of that really interested me. Really turns on its head what one would conventionally think makes a good movie, or if nothing else, I guess I'm personally just more into that kind of scene as opposed to action scenes.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Am I the only person on Earth that really liked Spider-Man 3?
If I had to choose a god-awful sequel, it would be Star Trek Into Darkness. Discount Wrath of Khan, but done really badly, and kills Kirk in the end only to bring him back to life barely five minutes later with magic blood, GODS what an awful movie. Then, these people don't even know who the fuck Khan is, but the reveal has all this gravitas in a situation where literally the only people who would give a shit are the people watching the movie who have seen The Wrath of Khan! I absolutely recommend skipping over Into Darkness and going straight to Beyond. Beyond is not only a good J. J. Trek movie, it's actually a good Star Trek movie. As much as I love the first, the first didn't manage to be a Star Trek movie. Beyond did.

You know, I'm sitting here wondering if I hate a sequel enough to put here. Iron Man 2? No, that was bad but not worse-sequel-ever-bad. It was actually okayish. Any of the Amazing Spider-Men? No. I actually kind of like them. Then I thought about Star Trek Into Darkness and still, having only seen it once, IN THE THEATRE, I still seethe over how awful that movie was.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The Matrix Reloaded. That is all. Thank you and good night.

Almost every Disney movie sequel is pretty awful too though. Little Mermaid 2. Lion King 2. Lion King One and a Half. Jungle Book 2. Tarzan 2. Lady and the Tramp 2. Cinderella 2. At least they cancelled Dumbo 2. Obviously not all of them are like that (Aladdin 2 and Toy Story 2 might be better than the originals) but man, they have a bad track record.
"Basic Instinct 2" David Morrissey and Sharon Stone in "Basic Instinct 2." Sony. ...
"Batman & Robin" ...
"Blues Brothers 2000" ...
"Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2" ...
"Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" ...
"Caddyshack II" ...
"Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd" ...
"A Good Day to Die Hard"
there so many others also you can check this out to know more about GAMMAK
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well...at least had the courtesy to be on topic for most of the post. Still, who would click on a link from someone who calls himself A Crook?
Bear in mind, turn the monitor off if you need to begin cleaning again.If the laptop is on while you’re cleaning the same, then it may cause some issues and lead to a change in the system as well. So, be careful and never chop-chop while cleaning the monitor by keeping it in” ON” mode. SPAMMY SPAM SPAM
Watch movies from YouTube and download with the best YouTube video downloader *SPAM-B-GONGED* its an amazing site to download youtube videos free.
Pages: 1