BEST RTP MUSIC

Pages: 1
Which default tracks included with each version of RPG Maker are your favorite?

Here's mine:

RPG Maker MV

Battle 6
Town 1
Theme 3
Town 3

RPG Maker MZ

Battle 4
Town 4
Castle 2
Theme 3
Theme 4
Probably XPs, even though everything else is kaka.

VX has best RTP artstyle for enemies/player characters.
I liked XP and Ace's RTP. Ace was cool and upbeat and XP sounded great and complete, but there's only one champ of RTP music:

Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Battle8 from Ace: Dial the pitch down to 80% and you got a sweet jam.

Same with Theme5, but you want 85% for that one.

Battle1 also leagues better around 90 or 85.

What I'm saying is that most of these songs are in the wrong tempo.
There are reliable *SPAM* that are very popular for students in search of ESL writing services and ESL personal statement writing services.
author=Liberty
Animal.mid

Beat me to it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
Animal.mid

Oh, yeah, I don't think a thread like this would be complete without a mention of Animal.mid!

But, like, I have a certain nostalgia for a number of XP tracks, too. Such as FinalBoss3...

...and Town6.

Though, I seem to recall playing... I think it was Boutalles, and getting a real kick out of Field2...

...and I might not have known it was RTP at the time either!
Favorites from each:

2k-
Battle 3
Village 3
Field 4

2k3-
Empire
Far Eastern Land
Ice Labyrinth
Repeated Wars

XP-
Battle 1
Battle 2
Boss 1
Field 1
Dungeon 1

VX-
This one was the weakest imo... the Ship theme maybe?

Ace-
Battle 2
Battle 3
Dungeon 2
Dungeon 7
Field 2
Scene 2
Town 3

MV-
Basically any of the 2k3 remixes I listed above that also appeared here.

Battle 4
Battle 6
Battle 7
Dungeon 7
Theme 2
Town 3

MZ-
Once again, basically any of the MV remixes I listed above that also appeared here. I also like the MV remix of Town 2 a lot.

Battle 2

Though to be honest, the MZ remixes that came in the DLC folder greatly overshadow the default versions, IMO. In which case the remixes for Dungeon 6 and Battle 8 are amazing.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Liberty? GreatRedSpirit? Both of you: damn straight. \m/

Grabbed the RTPs I don't have, just to offer my thoughts. I never fussed with MV's default music (outside of the RM2k/3 DLCs). Will include why I like each song, giving the feel the melody gives me. Get comfy, it's a long list...

RM2000
Probably the most iconic tunes for RM, if you ask me.
* All of them: Because duhhhh
* Animal: Yes, I unironically like this track. It's whimsical, and could work well for a talking animal buddy.
* Battle 1: I'd used this for a totally-not-Avalanche faction in my first game, as their HQ's theme song. Is a nice beat even outside of battle.
* Dungeon 4: Natural yet mysterious, and #2 in my top five for 2k/3 music. Would work perfect for a waterfall cave or sunken ruins.
* Fairy 2: My goodness, it's so soft and sweet. Maybe a bit sorrowful? Perfect for innocent love, childhood memories, etc. Easily #3 of my top five 2k/3 BGM. ;-;
* Field 4: My #1 of 2k/3 tunes. Sounds like an shounen theme song. The last bits of the tune really give a "winding roads" feel to an adventure before you.
* Game Over 2: Really gives a defeated feeling to losing a fight. Downright funereal, while also giving the sting of failure.
* Mystery 2: lawl, Uematsu plagiarism
* Mystery 3: Would easily fit a snow-capped mountain as well as ruins of the ancients. Breathtaking. Majestic. #4 of my top five favorite 2k/3 songs.

RM2003
Haven't heard many, but here's what I like.
* Adventurers: Jolly, whimsical tune of going on an adventure with your buddies! Great for a lighthearted game, or an opening act before things get serious.
* Fierce-battle: Could've sworn it's also called "Maximum Battle"? Either way, a great boss theme for something more heroic and epic.
* Icecave: Not sure if the name's right? But works well for something heavenly, or even the default name of a beautiful ice cave. Maybe a frozen castle?
* Tavern: Well-named! Very cozy and cosmopolitan. #5 of my top five 2k/3 songs.

RMXP
XP has amazing BGM, 'nuff said.
* Battle 2: Honestly, one of my all-time favorite RPG Maker battle tunes. Kinda reminds me of the battle theme from Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle. Courageous and fantastical!
* Boss 2: Similar to a Dragon Quest 4 boss theme, maybe? Perfect for a tense fight with a real juggernaut... or with a true terror to behold.
* Defeat 2: For a short game over fanfare, probably my favorite from RPG Maker.
* Field 3: Pretty tame for overworld tunes, but it'd work well for a peaceful town as well. Maybe something coastal?
* Heaven: Captures that gentle heavenly feel perfectly. Maybe even works for a pure temple of the faith.
* Last Boss 1: Climactic buildup for the intro, fantastic for a demon lord or a fell god.
* Slow 5: Really good flow of the back instrumentals. Not sure what that kind of rhythm is called, but it's gorgeous. Very wistful, good for a cutscene of self-doubt or lost innocence.
* Theme 2: Not sure if it'd be something I'd use, but good for a legend or a halcyon adventure. Maybe even for a backstory game?
* Theme 3: One of my all-time favorite RPG Maker title themes. Befits a heroic tale, and one where fledgling adventurers grow into true champions.
* Theme 4: A reprise of "Theme 3", it'd be perfect for a heart-string-tugging cutscene if Theme 3 is used for the game's title screen!
* Town 3: Perfect for a starting town, especially a hometown. Such a calm and innocent melody ♪
* Town 6: Has a rather rustic and ethnic feel, bustling and lively! Reminds me of something out of FF: Crystal Chronicles. Lovely stuff!

RMVX
I like more of these than I recall. Still, the MIDI instrument choices feel kinda tame.
* Battle 3: Surprisingly retro-feeling battle tune. Kinda works for a Dragon Quest vibe, where even throwaway fights are musically treated like fights to the death. Which, technically, they are.
* Battle 4: I'd say this works for an arena-based battle. A relaxed but lowkey ambitious fight song, which works well for fights where you're not trying to kill or maim your opponent.
* Battle 5: As no VX song is designated as boss tunes, this'd work well for a mini boss. Gets you pumped up, but implies the enemy knows what they're doing. A tone of "they're tough, but we're tougher".
* Battle 7: With that synthesized rock organ, it'd fit fighting fiends, grisly ghouls, cultists, or even corrupt clergy.
* Battle 9: Slow start, epic feel, steady and climactic rhythm. Likely my favorite final boss theme, especially against a sympathetic villain.
* Dungeon 1: Earthy but otherworldly, like Dungeon 4 from RM2k. More about the journey into the unknown than anything epic, with an eerie calm.
* Dungeon 6: More otherworldly than Dungeon 1, and very melancholy. Ideal for somewhere that's abandoned, and probably haunted.
* Field 3: Warm and energetic! Great for a summertime adventure, or a magical vacation.
* Scene 7: If I needed an ending and/or credits theme from RPG Maker, this'd be it.
* Theme 3: My favorite rendition of the classic RPG Maker title theme! In RPG Maker 2k/3, this is called "Opening 1".

RMVX Ace
A lot more modern-sounding (which works for some sprite generator outfits), but still good tracks. I stan VX Ace, and it's tied with 2k for my favorite RTP soundtrack. Contains the most tracks of my listings.

All of them: May as well be!
Battle 1: Simple, but has a good beat and tempo. It's a great random encounter tune for me. It's pretty tame, but I wouldn't get sick of hearing it countless times.
Battle 2: I like coming up with alternate names to VG tracks, especially ones with generic titles. In my mind, this will forever be "Fashionista's Fight". X3
Battle 3: Grungy, if that's the right term for it. For a mini boss, or for mooks a cut above most, it's a good jam to battle by.
Battle 4: Boss battles aside, this also fits mass battles like a glove... or mayhap, a gauntlet?
Battle 5: Wow! A default RM track that I'm not sick of! \o/
Battle 6: VX Ace owned their fight themes, huh? Good to square off against a pretentious rival to.
Battle 8: A rockin' tune for when the bosses stop playing around, but aren't demon-prince levels of wicked.
Dungeon 1: A little uneasy, invoking feelings of a mystery to be solved.
Dungeon 2: Captures a derelict, empty feeling. It's either a place people have rarely stepped into, or one that hasn't been visited in ages.
Dungeon 3: Vibes of Super Mario World's ghost houses drip from this one's gothic tones.
Dungeon 5: In the vein of Dungeon 4 from 2k/3, and Dungeon 1 from VX. It's mysterious yet earthy, and hopefully it's not a malevolent place this time. Ancient ruins, perhaps?
Dungeon 7: Despite the opening instruments, it feels more archaic or classical going into it. Might work for a setting when the past meets the present?
Dungeon 8: The dungeon is treacherous, but are you gonna let that stop you? What better tune for the next trial of fearless challengers?
Field 1: Tame but ambitious, it fits a group of friends who won't let the darkness stop them from saving the day.
Field 2: For some weird reason, it has a very... tropical vibe to me? Almost like cruising through a Florida vacation city, like Miami or Orlando?
Scene 5: Sheer serenity. A fairy fountain in a clearing, the splendor of nature, or even a peaceful ending.
Scene 6: Homey, touching theme for chatting with townsfolk, friends who aren't adventurers, or even family. Reminds you not of a world you're fighting for, but those beloved folk within it.
Theme 4: Dreamy start, then hopeful and heroic when it drops the beat. A runner-up for my favorite title screen theme from RM!
Town 2: Cozy after-hours tune to me, maybe some late-night shopping or a night on the town?
Town 3: The city or suburb sprawl, exemplified in RTP music.
Town 5: A town by the lake, or even being on a coast. Either way, a peaceful place on the water.
Town 6: Finally, a castle theme in RPG Maker that I actually like.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
My absolute favorite is 2k3's Icy Labyrinth. While I prefer the MV remake (and it's my favorite on MV), I still love the 2k3 version.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=pianotm
My absolute favorite is 2k3's Icy Labyrinth. While I prefer the MV remake (and it's my favorite on MV), I still love the 2k3 version.

I think I remember jamming to that when I was playing/testing Dreamscapes?

Though, as long as I'm here, I might as well drop "Ordeal"...

...or, if you prefer, "Trial", as having a certain place in my heart.
I love hearing y'alls thoughts on the RTP music. Hearing about it, going and listening to it to refresh my memory, it's a definite nostalgic blast for me.

I do want to add another RPG Maker track that's top tier: Conflict from the SNES RPG Maker 2!

I'd definitely recommend giving the SNES RPG Maker tracks a spin, both are excellent!
Here's one for RPG Maker 1: Super Dante,
And another for RPG Maker 2's OST!
Isrieri
author=GreatRedSpirit
I do want to add another RPG Maker track that's top tier: Conflict from the SNES RPG Maker 2!

Oh heck yeah! Ancient jams!
Isrieri
Serious question

about animal.mid

which I've never heard till now

...but at 0:20 its literally wood man

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Marrend did you do that on purpose?
Quikfixsupport provides the best GAMMAK IS GREAT ALL HAIL GAMMAK at an affordable rate. We believe in 100% customer satisfaction and the best quality services. The following are the perks that you can have with us. Quick Response to queries, Pocket-friendly repair service, Qualified Technicians for assistance. Guidance of highly expert technicians.
I suggest an mp3 converter PLEASE DO
I found a lot of charm in this VX Ace track sped up to 1.5x speed. I used it for my boss music on Ruby Radiance for the IGMC :p
Pages: 1