[RMMZ] EFFEKSEER IS DRIVING ME TO DRINK

Pages: 1
That RMMZ, powerful bit of software. Totally worth it. But man oh man I am just not getting something with Effekseer.

Purely for test purposes (he lies...) I tried using some spell animations from an obscure snes game called Earthbound, and diligently followed the instructions in post #68 here.

And here's the animation I tried to reproduce.

And here's what I ended up with.

WTF, it's all blurry and semi-transparent, where are those sassy pixels I love so dearly. One of my pet theories is that it's just playing too fast, the original animation goes for three seconds and the ripped one for just over a second, maybe finding a way to slow it down (which I have failed so far to do) might change things. But probably not. So I'm stuck, would be greatly appreciative of anyone with a clue why this is happening, generally the consensus seems to be 'it shouldn't'.

unity
You're magical to me.
Hmm, I know JoSeraph was able to replicate pixel animations in a way that worked well, maybe he could help.

I still haven't gotten thru all the tutorials, so I'm still a complete newbie, but if you click on Windows and go down to the Recorder function, there's a Frequency (Frame) setting, dunno if messing with that and then exporting it again would help but it might be worth a shot?
author=unity
Hmm, I know JoSeraph was able to replicate pixel animations in a way that worked well, maybe he could help.

I still haven't gotten thru all the tutorials, so I'm still a complete newbie, but if you click on Windows and go down to the Recorder function, there's a Frequency (Frame) setting, dunno if messing with that and then exporting it again would help but it might be worth a shot?

Thx Unity, that's the next thing I'm gonna try once I chill myself down. :)

I noticed the maker got an update this morning and one of the changes to fix an issue where the animations are rendering differently. Well, I updated and that DID change things, from having a crappy animation to one that doesn't show up at all. Nope, just had to point the animation to the right texture folder, still getting the same blurry nonsense tho.

*drinking intensifies*

I'll gladly furnish the animation sheet and instructions I'm using to anyone who wants to test this out...it's a weird one.
the trick is to drink heavily all the time, to save effort of identifying situations where drinking helps
author=kentona
the trick is to drink heavily all the time, to save effort of identifying situations where drinking helps

I have experimented with this method, the problem is that the drunker I get the blurrier the animations are.
author=unity

Huh, I tried changing the frequency setting and it didn't seem to effect either the rendering or the length.

Also, this one's new. Since the update this morning, when I use the 'opacity' mode for blend the end result is much closer to what I want. Wasn't like that before. The bars are solid colors now and the blur is gone, though there's still clearly some distortion. Slowing down th animation in the database doesn't help. Animations with fewer frames seem to be working a little better.
Pages: 1