IDEAS FOR QUIRK SYSTEM (SIMILAR TO DARKEST DUNGEON)

Pages: 1
I was inspired by the “quirks” system in darkest dungeon and I would like to do something similar. I would like to give permanent passive quirks to my actors that affect their stats and add other interesting factors to combat. I want to be able to view each actor’s unique quirks from the status menu, ideally with description tooltips as well.

So far I have tried doing this using “states” but I’m having trouble because I can’t seem to view them from the menu. Any ideas of another way to do this, or possibly some plugins that would help?
I use passive skills: A skill that when an actors has it they gain a state. Easy to control within RPG Maker, but you do need a script/plugin/other hack to make it associate a Skill with a State to make it work.

Here's states are states that,has auto passive state notetags.Yanfly's for MV since you mentioned a plugin so I assume you're using MV.

e:
Just make 'em a category or so in the skills list so quirks and related stuff are separate from usable skills and the description of the skill itself can cover what the effect of the passive state is. I think you need the passive state to have no icon (icon index 0) so it doesn't fill up the actor's list of states with passives.
Pages: 1